PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul tattoo - Stupid Idea?

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 11:22 AM
So I've had this thought rolling around for a while in my head about starting a campaign to get donations for Ron Paul. The idea: I will commit to getting a really nice Ron Paul tattoo (I already have an idea for what I'm wanting) if X amount of people pledge to contribute X amount of dollars (to be determined).

The press could be good, could be bad ("whacky Ron Paul supporter gets inked"). But either way, if done right, it could get covered nicely.

What do you all think? Vote above and post your ideas, thoughts, suggestions in the thread.

DaronWestbrooke
10-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Sounds fun. If you do it, I'll do it. (although it won't stand out with my dozens of others.)

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
So, for those who voted that the media coverage would be negative, can some of you please post your thoughts on why this might be so? I'm interested to hear them.

quickmike
10-20-2007, 11:46 AM
So, for those who voted that the media coverage would be negative, can some of you please post your thoughts on why this might be so? I'm interested to hear them.

Ok

Some of these "values voters" type people might be nutty enough to look at something like this as some biblical prophecy of people taking the "mark of the beast"

Dont laugh(ok go ahead and laugh:D), but we dont need to look nutty to the "normal" people who we need to attract. I know its not that bad a thing, but it will be seen by some as negative. Also, I dont think its gonna get any votes his way that he doesnt already have. All it might do is turn off the more socialy conservative types who think stuff like this might be a little extreme. (we need these votes to win by the way)

Hey, if you really want a Ron Paul tattoo, I say go for it. If youre just doing it to help get votes though................ I woudnt because it might turn more people off than it attracts.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Ok

Some of these "values voters" type people might be nutty enough to look at something like this as some biblical prophecy of people taking the "mark of the beast"

Dont laugh(ok go ahead and laugh:D), but we dont need to look nutty to the "normal" people who we need to attract. I know its not that bad a thing, but it will be seen by some as negative. Also, I dont think its gonna get any votes his way that he doesnt already have. All it might do is turn off the more socialy conservative types who think stuff like this might be a little extreme. (we need these votes to win by the way)

Hey, if you really want a Ron Paul tatoo, I say go for it. If youre just doing it to help get votes though................ I woudnt because it might turn more people off than it attracts.

Thanks for the feeback. And yeah, I'm not doing it just for the votes and donations; I'm actually interested in getting an RP tattoo (I'm a HUGE fan and collector of body art already, so it would be just one more added to my impressive collection).

quickmike
10-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the feeback. And yeah, I'm not doing it just for the votes and donations; I'm actually interested in getting an RP tattoo (I'm a HUGE fan and collector of body art already, so it would be just one more added to my impressive collection).

In that case, Id say do whatever you want. Its a free country right?

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
In that case, Id say do whatever you want. Its a free country right?

No, actually, it isn't. :D

quickmike
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
No, actually, it isn't. :D

true

Who knows, they might throw you in GITMO if you get a RP tattoo :D

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
true

Who knows, they might throw you in GITMO if you get a RP tattoo :D

You're right, they just might. I'd be a marked man for life.

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Only the youngest generations associate tattoos positively. Older generations have very negative associations with tattoos. NOT a good idea.

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I have given thought to having my social security number tattooed on my forearm in a way that looks like WWII Nazi death camp tattoos, by way of protest. But having realized most wouldn't get it and the rest wouldn't give a damn, I decided against it. Now if a few hundred people did this all at once, and all in the same place, calling the press beforehand, maybe it could have a negative effect on the national id card, but I still have my doubts.

Akus
10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
So I've had this thought rolling around for a while in my head about starting a campaign to get donations for Ron Paul. The idea: I will commit to getting a really nice Ron Paul tattoo (I already have an idea for what I'm wanting) if X amount of people pledge to contribute X amount of dollars (to be determined).

The press could be good, could be bad ("whacky Ron Paul supporter gets inked"). But either way, if done right, it could get covered nicely.

What do you all think? Vote above and post your ideas, thoughts, suggestions in the thread.

wow and people were offended or thought stupid of my post where i posted a photo of a self-immolating monk?:rolleyes:

Starks
10-20-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd prefer a temp tattoo...

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd prefer a temp tattoo...

Temp? What the!? Not a chance. All of my tats are real, thank you.

Matt Collins
10-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I wouldnt mind getting a Henna tatoo

quickmike
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Temp? What the!? Not a chance. All of my tats are real, thank you.

A REAL man would carve RON PAUL in his arm with a rusty tuna can lid, not some sissy ink with a needle.:D

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
A REAL man would carve RON PAUL in his arm with a rusty tuna can lid, not some sissy ink with a needle.:D

What brand of tuna?
ROFL

DrNoZone

You know, that gives me an idea.... ;)

PennCustom4RP
I would get the tattoo, but for no other reason than to commemorate this important time in you life.

rajibo
10-20-2007, 12:25 PM

Don't you mean a rusty SPAM can lid?

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I would get the tattoo, but for no other reason than to commemorate this important time in you life.

Yes, exactly. I may be doing this anyhow, so my idea was really about how I could garner attention and money for the campaign while I was at it.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 12:26 PM
how about just a no? I am not quite broke, and the media coverage wouldn't suck, I just hate tats and would not give for someone to get one :D (btw you are totally free to do it, just won't give to it!)

rajibo
10-20-2007, 12:29 PM
How about: No, get it after you've maxed out, and the media wouldn't care about your tattoo one way or the other.

quickmike
10-20-2007, 12:31 PM
What brand of tuna?
ROFL

Pfffft...........what kind of question is that?

Everyone knows you only use Chuck's tuna cans for that.

http://www.chuckseafood.com/images/albacore-tuna.jpg

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
how about just a no? I am not quite broke, and the media coverage wouldn't suck, I just hate tats and would not give for someone to get one :D (btw you are totally free to do it, just won't give to it!)

Oh, no, the money isn't for ME, it's for the campaign. And you wouldn't be giving it to me, you'd be giving it directly to the campaign. I'd only be asking for a pledge from you. I would be paying for the tat myself.

SeanEdwards
10-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Ok

Dont laugh(ok go ahead and laugh:D), but we dont need to look nutty to the "normal" people who we need to attract.

People who believe in a 'mark of the beast' are normal?

:confused:

quickmike
10-20-2007, 12:57 PM
People who believe in a 'mark of the beast' are normal?

:confused:

Uh................

Read post again................

Notice quotes around the word normal.

:D

misconstrued
10-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Go for it DrNoZone. Great idea!

Roxi
10-20-2007, 02:13 PM
i had seriously considered getting a ron paul revolution tattoo so yes im with u on this

Roxi
10-20-2007, 02:15 PM
I have given thought to having my social security number tattooed on my forearm in a way that looks like WWII Nazi death camp tattoos, by way of protest. But having realized most wouldn't get it and the rest wouldn't give a damn, I decided against it. Now if a few hundred people did this all at once, and all in the same place, calling the press beforehand, maybe it could have a negative effect on the national id card, but I still have my doubts.

holy hell i would totally do that

(people already think i have insane tats so i wouldn't be looked at as any weirder than i already am)