PDA

View Full Version : If you are serious about Ron Paul in 2012

Machiavellian4Liberty
11-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I know you guys are very hostile towards those of us who don't have at least 25,000 nerdy posts. But I've been in the movement for a long time now and have been very influential in many of the victories our movement has had since 2008. I've worked on campaigns that have won and been a part of EFFECTIVE political actions that have made a difference for our movement. (i.e NOT WAVING SIGNS OR DONATING MONEY TO FLY A BLIMP AROUND)

I've read a lot of the planning tactics you guys have been proposing and for the most part it is reminding me of the 2008 race and largely contributed to why the campaign in 08 was such a dismal failure in a practical sense. (I realize the 2008 was not a failure in the big picture but we could have been far more effective if so many supporters and meet up groups were not wasting their time waving signs in intersections instead of going door to door , doing voter-ID, making phone calls to encourage republicans to vote for your candidate ect...)

If Ron is to secure the nomination this time around we have to drop the quirky, de-centralized campaign approach. The only positive that came from that was money-bombs that is something we need to keep around. But the blimps, ron paul radio, ron paul tv trucks blasting youtube clips and speeches, driving around the country on a bike handing out ron paul literature, sign waving. And all the useless tactics need to be abandoned.

You have to stop and think. If these strategies REALLY were effective why do other campaign managers not adopt the same tactics? It's real simple. It's because they are a complete waste of time and have 0 effect.

If what I've said offended you. GET OVER IT! this is not about your petty ego, this is about advancing the liberty movement. We have a real shot at winning this thing and one of our movements greatest strengths is our passion and work-ethic. Unfortunately most of the passion and ethic gets channeled into in-effective campaign methods. If we can channel our energies the right way and do the things that actually win elections this time around we have a real shot at winning this thing.

Out of any of the potential 2012 candidates ron paul is the only one with a nation wide grass roots network that is ready to be boots on the ground for his campaign. The campaign this time around I estimate could start with a potential 10-15 million dollars in the first couple of months with some successful money bombs. This means we will have plenty of capital to spend in Iowa and NH and possibly some bleed over into NC and the other early primary states. If this campaign is going to succeed it needs to have a much more top down approach. We do not need our supporters brain storming on the RPF forums about some quirky idea they think will convince the masses to vote for ron paul. They need to show up and listen to those who know what they are talking about and channel their energy into effective campaign tactics.

If Ron is to win he needs US the grass roots to be effective and not just waste our time and money finding stupid ways to promote his campaign. There are several immediate things that should be on our radar and we need to look no further than these goals.

1 WE MUST WIN THE CPAC 2011 PRESIDENTIAL STRAW POLL!

Anyone who knows anything knows how important this straw poll was. Last year we were under the Establishment's radar at CPAC. They had no idea we were going to be so organized and that is why they tried to totally write off ron pauls win as anything serious. Imagine if Romney had won last year? Yeah it would be all over the news as ROMNEY IS THE FRONT RUNNER FOR 2012. Well guess what? This year they are going to be ready for us. They know we are coming and they are going to organize everything in their power to silence us and most of all keep Ron from winning that straw poll. I reckon Romney will be paying double what he normally spends to bus in all his drones to come vote for him. WE MUST NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! If you can spare the resources and time you NEED to get to CPAC this year and take part in the presidential straw poll. We need to have a commanding presence this year and show that the liberty movement is the new face of the republican party. Winning that straw poll leads us to the next focus.

2) WE MUST ORGANIZE TO WIN THE IOWA STRAW POLL IN 2011

This is undoubtedly the most important poll for president there is. We need to focus all our time and attention on Iowa and then NH. We need boots on the ground getting the word out about Dr. Paul. Attending any republican event, having a strong presence. Handing out good literature and talking to voters and finding out what issues they most care about and then demonstrating that Dr. Paul is the choice for them. You wont see romney spending money to have people sit on the side of the road waving romney 2012 signs. He and everyone else who is serious about 2012 will be organizing to win that straw poll.

3) WE MUST CRAFT AND CAREFULLY REFINE OUR CAMPAIGN NARRATIVE

Libertarian is a dirty political word to most voters. We need to look at how Rand Paul was able to sell the libertarian message far better than Ron did in 2008. You and I get it. We are very drawn to libertarianism. Unfortunately we are the minority. Most voters ESPEICALLY social conservative voters like the kind that make up the majority of republican votes in iowa are not ready to be thrown head first into libertarian policy. they need to first start with their feet in the water and gradually ease their way in. I've noticed our movement is prone to behave towards voters in the following way: "If you disagree with ron paul on anything you are just a statist/neo-con/war-mongering" Fill in the blank with what ever derogatory word you prefer. We have to carefully craft our narrative so we do not turn off people who might potentially be friendly towards Ron on plenty of issues its just the war is not something they are ready to come around on yet. The message this time around is going to be the economy. Ron is going to be the most articulate and have the best voting record to defend his positions on this topic. IT IS OUR JOB TO RELATE TO VOTERS AND WHAT ISSUES THEY CARE ABOUT NOT BAPTIZING THEM IN LIBERTARIAN PHILOSOPHY!

4) IF WE ARE TO WIN WE MUST BE THE TEA PARTY CANDIDATE

Regardless of what you think of the TEA party if we do not have their support we do not win the nomination. They are dominating the republican narrative now and you better believe the establishment is doing everything in its power to fit in and or co-opt the tea party to their side. We must appeal to TEA party voters and talk TEA party issues if we are going to get any traction in the primary. This means we need a careful and well thought out announced candidacy. Glenn Beck would be the optimal show to announce on because so many TEA party types follow his show religiously. If Sara Palin does not run (KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED) we need her support. We need to reach out not only to Sara Palin but her supporters as well because she commands some serious political capital and we need it if we are going to have a shot. We can not rely on just our own grass roots that have developed these last 2 years. If we are going to win this we have to make Ron Paul main stream. In order to do this it requires us to reach out to those media giants and other TEA party favorites to garner their support. It will be easy to do going against a Romney who could never claim he is a tea party type because we have his voting record.

I say all this with good intention. I do not mean to turn people off. I want us to win this thing. But we cannot and must not do what we did in 2008 and that is useless campaign tactics that are a waste of time and our opponents would openly encourage you to continue to blog/signwave/ronpaulradio whatever dumb idea it may be because they know it is ineffective and is a waste of your time. If you are serious about Dr. Paul securing the nomination put down your own ego's and when the time comes listen to those who have campaign experience and know how elections are won and lost. Phone banking/ voter ID/ door to door/ polling issues all of these things are effective and what we should be channeling our time and money into. Not some silly idea born on the RPF forums. I look forward to seeing our impact in 2012 and I firmly believe that if we act as a unified body in effective tactics we can win the nomination. It all depends on how much money we raise and how effective our tactics are.

malkusm
11-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Good first post. You'll mostly find that people here are judged by the quality of their posts, and not their quantity.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Maximus
11-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Actually I agree with all your points 1-4, one thing though, because of the nature of this movement you will have some people who will do quirky things, like stand on the side of the road in a storm trooper outfit waving Ron Paul signs. I agree that we need to tone down the expensive quirky ideas (the blimp), but don't think you are going to whip everyone in line, because many people in this movement won't get in line if they feel something is too top down.

I think Rand's campaign showed how we can win. Now let's do it!

Kotin
11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
While being abrasive won't win some people over, I agree 100% with your points.. I will be at CPAC and likely the Iowa straw poll if possible..

Rand's campaign should be used a model at least in some areas for improvement in 2012.. For example, His tv ads were very well done..

LukeP
11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
If Ron is to secure the nomination this time around we have to drop the quirky, de-centralized campaign approach. The only positive that came from that was money-bombs that is something we need to keep around. But the blimps, ron paul radio, ron paul tv trucks blasting youtube clips and speeches, driving around the country on a bike handing out ron paul literature, sign waving. And all the useless tactics need to be abandoned.

MelissaCato
11-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I've read a lot of the planning tactics you guys have been proposing and for the most part it is reminding me of the 2008 race and largely contributed to why the campaign in 08 was such a dismal failure in a practical sense.

"dismal failure in a practical sense"

-- WTF

You tell me where we failed ? Because the only failure (I see) we had in the 2008 primaries and general election was the MSM blackout. That's what phucked us.

Noone I know is a "dismal failure". FYI. Who's laughing at us now ?

How can you even say that ? Look where we are today for Gods Sake.

You can thank the members of this forum. :D

MelissaCato
11-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!!

Machiavellian4Liberty
11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
QUOTE=MelissaCato;2984540]"dismal failure in a practical sense"

-- WTF

"You tell me where we failed ? Because the only failure (I see) we had in the 2008 primaries and general election was the MSM blackout. That's what phucked us."

1) 500k-1mill spent on a blimp saying "google ron paul"
2) spending all your time sign bombing and standing at intersections with "google ron paul" or "vote for ron paul" signs.
3) Wasting countless hours on blogs
4) People who drove in RV's tagged up with Ron Paul gear all across the country
5) SIGN WAVING SIGN WAVING SIGN WAVING

The media was not our friend, true. But simply bitching and moaning about it and saying "thats the reason we lost" is not true. Look we were never going to win that race even if we were all doing the most effective tactics and its a good thing we did not win. Obama would have beat down Ron Paul easily because that was not the year for republicans. That is why this time is so important. Please get offended because my post is meant to help and keep our activists from wasting their time and energy on useless tactics. Also please dont think for one minute blogs change anything in politics, our movement is where we are today from the hard work of individuals out there being effective and lots of donations from the liberty movement not from RPF or any blog for that matter.

MelissaCato
11-14-2010, 08:09 PM
ahh the only one bitching and moaning is you.

Just saying. :cool:

muzzled dogg
11-14-2010, 08:40 PM
ha

trey4sports
11-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Great posts. nothing wrong with some sign waves to boost morale but you gotta do what ya gotta do if ya wanna win

MyLibertyStuff
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Ill be at CPAC!

Bruno
11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
for some reason honey and vinegar, superiority complexes, and where were you then come to mind

skyorbit
11-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Be nice.

Believe it or not, people HAVE joined our movement since the Presidential campaign. This is a good thing. Machiavellian4Liberty is quite possibly one of those people.

Tracy

MelissaCato
11-15-2010, 07:36 AM
2) spending all your time sign bombing and standing at intersections with "google ron paul" or "vote for ron paul" signs.

Whateva.

Ya, I'm gonna miss that home made who is Ron Paul trailer and little twin engine flying over the Datona 500. I knew I loved Florida other than NASCAR !!

Ohh those "quirky, de-centralized campaign approachs" all gone in 3 ? I doubt it.

Guess those 2012 POTUS 21 gun salutes are out too huh ? :rolleyes:

LibertyMage
11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
ahh the only one bitching and moaning is you.

Just saying. :cool:

There aren't many people "bitching and moaning" because most people acknowledge that there isn't much actual activism going on via this forum and resign themselves to the notion that trying to get people to use effective tactics is useless. Trying to reinvent the wheel and dictate what other people should do via an internet forum is easy - and irrelevant. Using proven tactics and personally getting something done is hard - and effective.

With that said, the most important part of campaigning:

5. Working the precincts.

LukeP
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM

IMHO, you are a fucking idiot. Ron Paul on numerous times praised the decentralized way the campaign and support for him in general spontaneously gave root. This is the difference between real grassroots campaigns and all the other top down consultant run campaigns. You should never tell supporters, don't do this because it's a waste of time. Encourage all people to help and support in any way that they can because all people can bring different things to the table. This forum isn't stupid and has learned and grown exponentially from every single experience making all past efforts valuable.

JeremyDahl
11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Regardless of approach, Libertymage and Machiavellian are both correct.

The bulk of any serious activist or person wanting to campaign for President Paul will find they have to use conventional methods and strategies.

There is no need to drop the fun, but if you are serious about winning... remember none of us really thought we were gonna win, it was us against the world... you will allocate your time resources and strategies appropriately.

So understand we can win in 2012, you just have to work smarter and harder.

The path is clear, the trail has been blazed.

EDIT: The idea isn't centralize it is cooperate and coordinate. Use the highest level resources available to you for the cause. We need to maintain our independence but work with not against ourselves.

UtahApocalypse
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree completely with your points 1-4. We must play the game on the same court as everyone else. CPAC is the door opener, and Iowa is sealing the deal.

QUOTE=MelissaCato;2984540]"dismal failure in a practical sense"

-- WTF

"You tell me where we failed ? Because the only failure (I see) we had in the 2008 primaries and general election was the MSM blackout. That's what phucked us."

The media was not our friend, true. But simply bitching and moaning about it and saying "thats the reason we lost" is not true. Look we were never going to win that race even if we were all doing the most effective tactics and its a good thing we did not win. Obama would have beat down Ron Paul easily because that was not the year for republicans. That is why this time is so important. Please get offended because my post is meant to help and keep our activists from wasting their time and energy on useless tactics. Also please dont think for one minute blogs change anything in politics, our movement is where we are today from the hard work of individuals out there being effective and lots of donations from the liberty movement not from RPF or any blog for that matter.

I have to disagree though about sign waving, and some of the "odd" campaign methods. Had there not been weekly sign waves where i lived at the time i probably would have read some about Ron Paul, and then back to reading funny crap on the web. The sign waves allowed me to connect with others who felt the same as me.... others I had no clue existed. I would say out of our Salt Lake Ron Paul group a good 50-60% were recruited straight out of seeing us along the road.

We can (and must) do better using our human resources, and grassroots money to reach more people that may not vote without our education.

All in all you speak a hard pill to swallow, and make very valid points.....

Welcome aboard, hope to have your help with us for 2012

Elwar
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
YouTube - Giuliani: "The Ron Paul people are all over the country" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0_Q4IdjXJI&feature=player_embedded)

Bruno
11-15-2010, 12:22 PM
^ + rep

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Precincts precincts precincts. and targeted canvasses going specifically after Republican Primary voters. Y'all can piss and moan all you want to, but if we don't do what actually works, RP might get 10% this time instead of 5% like last time. We can surely win this thing, but we have to actually do what actually works. What works is organizing precincts, and targeted canvasses.

pacelli
11-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks OP for all of the concrete, behavioral suggestions that the grassroots can alter after learning from our experiences during the 2007-2008 campaign. Not sure if you've seen it, but there is a very important thread created in February that has an active, running, and updated list of these types of suggestions.

If Ron runs and has the personal motivation to WIN (rather than stop at educating), we'll have to help him in very concrete ways.

I encourage you to participate actively in that thread as well with your suggestions. Here's the link:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814

teacherone
11-15-2010, 01:29 PM
we didn't win because ron paul didn't want to win.

if he means it this time-- then we'll pull it off.

Dripping Rain
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
not to hijack the thread but are you seriously a Machiavelli fan?

txaslftist
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the advice, Mr. Rove.

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2010, 01:43 PM

LMAO if this was Carl Rove, he'd probably be telling us the best way to win would be moar blimp.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Precincts precincts precincts. and targeted canvasses going specifically after Republican Primary voters. Y'all can piss and moan all you want to, but if we don't do what actually works, RP might get 10% this time instead of 5% like last time. We can surely win this thing, but we have to actually do what actually works. What works is organizing precincts, and targeted canvasses.

You've shown that works, no doubt.

I was part of that, the targeted canvassing that was done in NH for the primary.

Here's the problem: the "script" we were given was wildly intrusive and I am no salesman. I'm not a "people person" and I am not a "closer" by any stretch of the imagination. I despise the greasy dissimulation of sales as much as the greasy dissimulation of politics.

I come off as harsh and abrasive in situations like that, in addition to the fact that if somebody wandered onto my property and started haranguing me in the manner that the "script" suggested, I'd tell them to GTFO and slam the door in their face, so my heart wasn't in it, as I couldn't imagine wanting to talk to me, had the situation been reversed.

So, after a couple days of getting doors slammed in my face and hostile responses, I gave it up.

So, lessons learned:

A) Not everybody has the 'sales" and people skills to canvass door to door. Identify those who do and keep people like me far from that end of things.

B) Find other roles for those people. There are plenty of other things that can be done, and everybody can pitch in as best they see fit.

C) Identify the "targets" of the canvassing before heading out. Don't try to identify a potential voter on their doorstep, which was the stated goal of the effort I described above.

Anti Federalist
11-15-2010, 02:23 PM

In case you don't know, Gunny just won a hard fought NC State House campaign, defeating a long time incumbent as a first time campaigner, using the process he described.

mr1
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM
There are several immediate things that should be on our radar and we need to look no further than these goals.

1 WE MUST WIN THE CPAC 2011 PRESIDENTIAL STRAW POLL!
2) WE MUST ORGANIZE TO WIN THE IOWA STRAW POLL IN 2011
3) WE MUST CRAFT AND CAREFULLY REFINE OUR CAMPAIGN NARRATIVE
Libertarian is a dirty political word to most voters. We need to look at how Rand Paul was able to sell the libertarian message far better than Ron did in 2008.
IT IS OUR JOB TO RELATE TO VOTERS AND WHAT ISSUES THEY CARE ABOUT NOT BAPTIZING THEM IN LIBERTARIAN PHILOSOPHY!

4) IF WE ARE TO WIN WE MUST BE THE TEA PARTY CANDIDATE
If you are serious about Dr. Paul securing the nomination put down your own ego's and when the time comes listen to those who have campaign experience and know how elections are won and lost. Phone banking/ voter ID/ door to door/ polling issues all of these things are effective and what we should be channeling our time and money into. Not some silly idea born on the RPF forums.

You bring up some good points but I'd like to submit that I believe there is lots to do before CPAC!

I believe that the first thing on everyone's mind should be helping promote a kickoff moneybomb on 12/16/2010. Go to www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com to make a pledge to donate.

First we gather enough pledges to convince Ron to form an exploratory committee, and then by donating to his committee on the massive 12/16/10 moneybomb, we can convince him to formally announce.

If you want Ron to run in 2012, then help convince him by pledging you support: www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com

For the 2008 Presidential campaign, the big shots started forming exploratory committees in Nov 2006, and then started making formal announcements in Jan and Feb. 2007 (look at my post in this thread for an analysis of the dates: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814&page=18 )

It seems like some candidates may be pushing the timetable back slightly this time, but I doubt it will be by much. CPAC isn't until Feb 10-12 2011 so I think Ron Paul should definitely at least have an exploratory committee by that point. And I think it would be much easier to get people to go to CPAC for him, if he has that committee, or even better, if he has formally announced.

If we can get all his supporters together and pull off a big money bomb on the anniversary of the original Boston Tea Party, then he could announce his candidacy the next day and get tons of air time talking about how his grassroots supporters in the Tea Party spontaneously got together to encourage him to run and raised over $10 million dollars in one day.

I think that could go a long way in positioning Ron Paul as the Tea Party candidate of choice, as was suggested.

Right now, it is too early to start canvassing for Ron Paul in 2012. So I believe that the most effective thing we can do right now for the 2012 campaign is promote a kickoff moneybomb. The 2007 moneybombs started off as a decentralized idea that could have been ridiculed before it happened. But because of the online effort of thousands of people, the moneybombs went viral and I would say that they were the single most effective effort of Ron Paul's 2008 campaign. And fund raising money is the most important indicator in the beginning, so I'd say that all the political experts would be on my side on this one.

And so yes, that means that right now we should go out and blog about it, post it on facebook, post it in forums, and make the liberty community aware of it.

I submit that those would be the most effective uses of our time right now because we have real life concrete experience that they work to raise money for Ron Paul. And raising money at the beginning is the most important first step in the campaign.

Help Ron Paul in 2012 by helping promote a massive kickoff moneybomb!

www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com

GunnyFreedom
11-15-2010, 09:42 PM
You've shown that works, no doubt.

I was part of that, the targeted canvassing that was done in NH for the primary.

Here's the problem: the "script" we were given was wildly intrusive and I am no salesman. I'm not a "people person" and I am not a "closer" by any stretch of the imagination. I despise the greasy dissimulation of sales as much as the greasy dissimulation of politics.

I come off as harsh and abrasive in situations like that, in addition to the fact that if somebody wandered onto my property and started haranguing me in the manner that the "script" suggested, I'd tell them to GTFO and slam the door in their face, so my heart wasn't in it, as I couldn't imagine wanting to talk to me, had the situation been reversed.

So, after a couple days of getting doors slammed in my face and hostile responses, I gave it up.

So, lessons learned:

A) Not everybody has the 'sales" and people skills to canvass door to door. Identify those who do and keep people like me far from that end of things.

B) Find other roles for those people. There are plenty of other things that can be done, and everybody can pitch in as best they see fit.

C) Identify the "targets" of the canvassing before heading out. Don't try to identify a potential voter on their doorstep, which was the stated goal of the effort I described above.

No, see, when I say "targeted" I mean your Primary voters are identified and listed before you knock on your first door. Use an application like VSS to specifically print out ONLY those who have an actual history of voting in Republican Primaries. To begin with, those voters generally expect to receive visits anyway, and will not react so negatively.

When I say "targeted" for a GOP primary, you have to understand that you will literally pass by and ignore by 30 to 50 homes for every 1 door you actually knock on. You will go into a neighborhood of 500 homes and maybe knock on 8 doors. Is that what you did in NH? OK NH is pretty active, so maybe 20:1.

I am convinced that much of the frustration on the canvass in 2008 was due entirely to 1) lack of effective targeting, and 2) lack of training of the scriptwriters and canvassers.

I GET that canvassers were trying to close when you are a week to 2 weeks away from the election. But an early canvass is a totally different animal altogether. All you are really looking for right now is prospects to build a contact list. Something blatantly simple will do like:

"Hello, I don't want to take up a bunch of your time, but my name is John Doe, I am a volunteer for Ron Paul for President 2012, and we stand for sound economic policy, smaller government, and making our elected officials actually obey the Constitution. I believe that will lead to more general prosperity for all, the kind of freedom our Founders intended, and a more peaceful world to raise our children in. Here is some information about Ron Paul (hand them a SlimJim) Would you be interested in receiving updates as to the progress of our campaign?" y/n if y then "would you be interested in helping our campaign?" y/n "thank you so much for your time, and please have a wonderful day!"
At that point you are building lists that will be worked at a later time, whether by you or someone else. Those lists can be polled for more information, volunteers, donors, or GOTV depending on their answers. The ultimate goal would be to identify at least one prospect per precinct that gets excited enough to do a blanket canvass of their own precinct...and THEY are the ones who will try and close voters or identify them for followup work.

Machiavellian4Liberty
11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Congrats Gunny on your win! That's great news, great job! PLEASE HELP RE-DISTRICTING IN BJ LAWSONS FAVOR :)

Joseph
11-15-2010, 11:16 PM
There are some really great points here. The only thing I'd say is that those "quirky" tactics, the signs, the videos, the community of website those were the things that made us unique, those were what made us stand out. I agree now that every knows who Ron Paul is we don't really need a blimp or things that are overly exspensive. We 100% NEED the CPAC straw poll and Iowa strall poll, if we can get those I frimly believe that is half the battle. We also need to show that we are the TEA party candidate, not just because it is so mainstream now (Though that is part of it) it is also because the TEA party rallies were started by us, the Ron Paul supporters. The final thing is appeal, as he said we need to appeal our case in a respectful manner. If we can show the common sense of our ideas in a way that does not demean others views then we can win many more over. Freedom and Liberty are very popular ideas when presented properly.

JeremyDahl
11-17-2010, 04:49 PM
The path to victory comes from appealing and moving the electorate.

The electorate that will lead us to victory is the Tea Party GOP, Pro-gun, pro-life, anti-tax, anti-union republicans

In the general we need the GOP and Independents, as well as many single issue activists from all across the spectrum.

For average voters, they are motivated only by the person who has played the game the best. Even in the bulk of tea party voters, they are still susceptible to standard politicking. They want the moral, ethical, good looking, rich, intelligent, well spoken, professional, neighborly, successful candidate.

We make sure we educate, turn out and energize the people on our side...

...If we cannot do that with ease, then how can we expect to motivate the masses, apathetic and opposed?

Right now, we need to work with the republicans and all the tea party, 9/12 groups that there are, they are the key. We need to co-opt.