PDA

View Full Version : New Radio Ad- I don't like it!

RevolutionSD
10-20-2007, 10:33 AM
This may have already been posted here but the radio ad on ronpaul2008.com is up. It's totally generic and sounds like an ad for any politician. It says he will "cut taxes and reduce spending". Everyone says that. And it doesn't even mention that he will bring our troops home! I hope that's not the only ad they are running.

We need to make it clear that he is opposed to the IRS and he will bring ALL troops home.

Otherwise the ad could have been for Romney or anyone else.

Geronimo
10-20-2007, 10:37 AM
They stopped playing that particular ad (here in NH) a few weeks ago. If I had an mp3 of the new one I'd post it.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 10:37 AM
end nation building? It is there, but you have to understand, we are past the point of getting people to change registration, it is time to get the base and the independents now, this ad is perfect.

Kacela
10-20-2007, 10:41 AM
They stopped playing that particular ad (here in NH) a few weeks ago. If I had an mp3 of the new one I'd post it.
Is this the one? http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/RonPaul_RealGOP.mp3

militant
10-20-2007, 10:43 AM
when you say 'end the IRS' and things like that, WE respond well, SOME people respond well, but many are worried and confused about how to pay for government, not knowing how little government would cost under a constitutional government. most americans, while they may gripe about taxes, feel it's their patriotic duty to pay them.

same with other issues - tell the truth, but not necessarily the full extent and our preferred wording. once he's warmed up the average voter with his ads, he can go more full-force into eliminating this/that, because they'll be more likely to look it up or listen to a rational explanation.

if he comes out with his first ads being 'extremist' he'll be counted among the Lyndon LaRouche crowd, in many voter's minds. Meaning a candidate with wild ideas, no chance, and more funding (people think radio ads are very expensive) than goals.

born2drv
10-20-2007, 10:44 AM

That's a great ad.... but it's for a PAC?

RevolutionSD
10-20-2007, 10:45 AM

That one is better. Although, do independent voters really care who is the "real republican"? I know what he means but today's republican is a neocon, and it's been that way for the past few elections.

ronpaulyourmom
10-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah Kacela I do like that one more, heard it a few days ago and its an improvement in so far as it has the man speaking about something.

As for the ads sounding "generic", well maybe a little, but that's also a good thing in some ways. It makes Ron Paul sound like a legitimate candidate, somebody in the same ballpark as the top tier.

I do think they could do a little better, but atleast its not a total disaster like the Iowa ads back in June.

Geronimo
10-20-2007, 10:46 AM

Yes. That's the one that's been airing over the past week.

FluffyUnbound
10-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah Kacela I do like that one more, heard it a few days ago and its an improvement in so far as it has the man speaking about something.

As for the ads sounding "generic", well maybe a little, but that's also a good thing in some ways. It makes Ron Paul sound like a legitimate candidate, somebody in the same ballpark as the top tier.

I do think they could do a little better, but atleast its not a total disaster like the Iowa ads back in June.

This is very, very true.

Paul has been labelled the "crazy candidate" by the media. Everyone knows he's the antiwar candidate. That means that if his advertising tones down his image a little, the average Paulphobe out there hears it and says, "Hey, he's not so crazy. Why do they keep saying he is?"

Reagan was really good at this. He would go nuts for a while pushing the envelope and then right when the media wasn't expecting it he'd go all soft and friendly.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I would imagine there will be MANY ads, folks. Just hang in there. They know what they're doing.

RevolutionSD
10-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I would imagine there will be MANY ads, folks. Just hang in there. They know what they're doing.

Yes, agreed.

Karsten
10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Wait, I'm confused. I thought the REAL GOP one is the "new one", so how come when you click hear the new ad on ronpaul2008.com, it plays the obgyn and cut taxes one?

Alabama Supporter
10-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I like the ad strategy they have.

They are spending good money, and I expect there to be some good returns on the investment.