PDA

View Full Version : What do Christians, Athiests, Muslims, Agnostics have in common?

barcop
10-20-2007, 10:25 AM
RON PAUL.

All this religious rhetoric needs to put on hold.

No matter what your personal beliefs are... Ron Paul's campaign supports you.

So support Ron Paul by spreading his message... not your own.

Once he wins... do whatever you want.

SouthernGuy15
10-20-2007, 10:26 AM
For goodness sakes, it is simply some debate and discussion. We still all support Ron Paul. There is nothing wrong with religious discussion.

libertythor
10-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Bump I second that!

Dustancostine
10-20-2007, 10:34 AM
For goodness sakes, it is simply some debate and discussion. We still all support Ron Paul. There is nothing wrong with religious discussion.

Agreed.

Daveforliberty
10-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Or not. Please see this: http://thefreedommovement.blogspot.com/

lasenorita
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
What do we all have in common? Easy. We all think we're right. ;)

uncloned21
10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
1 Corinthians 6:12

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:23

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Vaughn
10-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I agree completely!!!

rajibo
10-20-2007, 01:05 PM
That's why I tend toward's Buddhism:

http://www.buddhanet.net/budsas/ebud/whatbudbeliev/277.htm

'Do not accept anything based upon mere reports,
traditions or hearsay,
Nor upon the authority of religious texts,
Nor upon mere reasons and arguments,
Nor upon one's own inference,
Nor upon anything which appears to be true,
Nor upon one's own speculative opinion,
Nor upon another's seeming ability,
Nor upon the consideration: 'This is our Teacher.'
'But, when you know for yourselves the certain things are unwholesome and bad: tending to harm yourself of others, reject them.
'And when you know for yourselves that certain things are wholesome and good: conducive to the spiritual welfare of yourself as well as others, accept and follow them.'

-from the Kalama Sutta

disciple
10-20-2007, 01:08 PM
As a Muslim, I see Ron Paul's philosophy on nearly every issue as being in virtual agreement with the true ideals of Islam.

freedominnumbers
10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
What do Christians, Athiests, Muslims, Agnostics have in common?
RON PAUL.

That should be a billboard in a religiously diverse area.

Short and to the point

Starks
10-20-2007, 01:39 PM
RON PAUL.

All this religious rhetoric needs to put on hold.

No matter what your personal beliefs are... Ron Paul's campaign supports you.

So support Ron Paul by spreading his message... not your own.

What about Jews like myself?

Daveforliberty
10-20-2007, 01:50 PM

Door's open. C'mon in. :)

barcop
10-20-2007, 02:20 PM

Sorry. I didn't mean to limit my title or post to certain religions... only pointing out the ones that seem to argue with each other the most.

But yes, my point applies to everyone no matter what their religious (or lack there of) views might be.

Starks
10-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean to limit my title or post to certain religions... only pointing out the ones that seem to argue with each other the most.

But yes, my point applies to everyone no matter what their religious (or lack there of) views might be.

My grandfather is a hardcore Jew and yet he actually agrees with Ron.

Delivered4000
10-20-2007, 02:28 PM
As a Muslim, I see Ron Paul's philosophy on nearly every issue as being in virtual agreement with the true ideals of Islam.
That's where you're wrong. True ideals of Islam, circa 611 AD require Sharia law. No thanks.

Give me liberty
10-20-2007, 02:30 PM
as a Christian i couldnt agree more :)

Vaughn
10-20-2007, 07:15 PM
That's where you're wrong. True ideals of Islam, circa 611 AD require Sharia law. No thanks.

I disagree. In reality it just depends on what type of Muslim they are. There is no strictly static codified set of laws of Sharia. Sharia is more of a system of devising laws, based on the Quran. Unfortunately today too many Muslim nations follow the Sharia law dictated by Sayyid Qutb the founder of the Muslim brotherhood who was, too put it mildly, a complete ass. His radical dogmatic law was starkly different from the Sharia law practiced by the Moors in Spain which stressed more freedom, both for men and women- It was fairly modern, especially when compared to their Catholic counterparts. Also Sufism practice of Sharia law is focused on Divine love and the cultivation of the elements of the Divine within the individual human being. It is a more mystic sect which in practice seems to have much in common with Buddhists and Quakers. What I am trying to get at is that you cannot generalize religions. I mean compare Unitarians and Reformed Baptists. They are both considered Christians yet have massive differences and thus grouping both of them together is not accurate. Hope this helps.

RP4ME
10-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I disagree. In reality it just depends on what type of Muslim they are. There is no strictly static codified set of laws of Sharia. Sharia is more of a system of devising laws, based on the Quran. Unfortunately today too many Muslim nations follow the Sharia law dictated by Sayyid Qutb the founder of the Muslim brotherhood who was, too put it mildly, a complete ass. His radical dogmatic law was starkly different from the Sharia law practiced by the Moors in Spain which stressed more freedom, both for men and women- It was fairly modern, especially when compared to their Catholic counterparts. Also Sufism practice of Sharia law is focused on Divine love and the cultivation of the elements of the Divine within the individual human being. It is a more mystic sect which in practice seems to have much in common with Buddhists and Quakers. What I am trying to get at is that you cannot generalize religions. I mean compare Unitarians and Reformed Baptists. They are both considered Christians yet have massive differences and thus grouping both of them together is not accurate. Hope this helps.

agreed many dont tke the time to understand the nuances of other religions

SpicyItalian739
10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I have to remind my Christian friends that before we judge true Islam, we look at what Christians were doing during the dark ages. Starting Crusades, the Spanish Inquisitions, Papal Puppet States, etc etc etc.

During this time of darkness for our ancestors, those in the Middle East were living in an enlightened society of free-thinkers.

Muslims were preserving books during this time period (almost everything we know about ancient Greece today is because of this) while our ancestors were BURNING books in the name of the Catholic church.

Judge not my friends, for Islam is not a religion of hate and oppression any more than Christianity. It is the evil men who interpret it that way to control the people and serve their own interests that lend a bad name.

Don't get me started on the AMAZING contributions to astronomy by Muslims while the Catholic church was condemning people in Europe as heretics for suggesting the same things (remember Galileo?).