PDA

View Full Version : Is Palin now, easily, the front runner

Number19
11-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Just saw for the first time the preview for the 8 week television event, Sara Palin's ALASKA, which will be shown on TLC.

It's a full year before the primary campaign kicks in, but can any candidate overcome the appeal of this free publicity?

SWATH
11-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't think she intends to run, especially not after this hokey show. Who could take her seriously?

Original_Intent
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Sarah Palin will be shredded in a debate. She's no Hillary.

sofia
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Just saw for the first time the preview for the 8 week television event, Sara Palin's ALASKA, which will be shown on TLC.

It's a full year before the primary campaign kicks in, but can any candidate overcome the appeal of this free publicity?

and dont forget "Dancing With the Stars".....

Im not sure if Caribou Barbie is being set up to be the next president....or to be the patsy fall guy that puts Obama back in for 4 more years.

ClayTrainor
11-13-2010, 10:13 PM
and dont forget "Dancing With the Stars".....

Im not sure if Caribou Barbie is being set up to be the next president....or to be the patsy fall guy that puts Obama back in for 4 more years.

Neither. She's just another televised distraction from the plunder taking place.

Patrick Henry
11-13-2010, 10:15 PM
I honestly don't think that she intends to run. She is making some serious cash right now with all of her speaking engagements and what not. Whether or not this TV series helps or hurts her, I have no idea. I say that the series would probably be evenly split between those who have lost respect for her and those that have gained respect for her leaving her with no net gains. I am probably wrong though.

Inkblots
11-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Yep. She's behaving like a celebrity, not a serious politician. And as much money as she's making as a cultural figure who dabbles in politics as well as media, I simply can't see her throwing that aside to make a presidential run she certainly knows would ultimately end in a loss in the general.

sofia
11-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Yep. She's behaving like a celebrity, not a serious politician. And as much money as she's making as a cultural figure who dabbles in politics as well as media, I simply can't see her throwing that aside to make a presidential run she certainly knows would ultimately end in a loss in the general.

Palin is an attention seeking narcissist. I've known women like her.
Never underestimate the capacity of such a sociopath to actually believe in their own invincibility.

She may be actually crazy enough to believe that America would elect her.....(and for all we know, maybe America is that crazy as well!)

Inkblots
11-13-2010, 10:40 PM
...(and for all we know, maybe America is that crazy as well!)

Trust me, it isn't. Have you seen her polling numbers? They're horrific! Her unfavorable ratings are over 50%. She's more personally unpopular than even Obama at this point.

nate895
11-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Nah, Sarah Palin cannot overcome her high negatives. It isn't like those negatives are weak, like some of Paul's relatively high negatives in the 2008 primaries. They are entrenched negatives that could not be changed unless Palin changes.

Tyr
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
The easy answer is no, she isn't the frontrunner. As hard as the GOP has tried they have absolutely failed in creating their vision of Sarah Palin. Unfortunate for them the temporary Sarahmania of 2008 has wore off. While some Americans, mainly a small segment of the neocons still support her she isn't gaining the traction they had hoped for, the traction needed for a serious run.

Truth is, she's a dumb***. I don't say that to be mean but she is. At first the little quips were looked at as cute, it was cool she could give good soundbytes and all that. But that's all there is to her. America sees it for what it is, a lady from Alska grossly ignorant of Federal Government who ONLY HAS little soundbytes for the media. She's becoming the female Obama, and that's the GOP's problem. Noone wants another Obama. The moderates/temporarily insane have awakened from the stupor and, well, now they want some substance behind the words. An actual plan. Despite being portrayed as the outsider thankfully that too has been seen through. An outsider doesn't spit GOP talking points, nor do they run to stump for leftists like McCain.

She's far from the frontrunner. As it currently appears Marco Rubio is being positioned as the frontrunner and why not? He's a young, fairly handsome well spoken gentleman with a Spanish name and more than willing to bend over for AIPAC. Palin may run, but she won't go anywhere. Keep an eye on Rubio, he's the GOP's chosen one.

SWATH
11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
"I'd rather be be out here [Alaska] than in some dumpy old political office"

She would not say this if she was intent on running for president. It would be used to kill her chances by making it seem she is not serious.

RedLightning
11-13-2010, 11:05 PM
I think she's having too much fun being a celebrity then to run for president.

Peace&Freedom
11-13-2010, 11:23 PM
High negatives, high ego, high visibility, equals high expectation she will run. Her attempts to keep her name in public play have succeeded beyond her wildest dreams, that's all. Palin doesn't care about negs (Congress has higher), all that matters to her is she's gotten more attention than all of her 2012 rivals combined. She'll run.

Original_Intent
11-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I think she's having too much fun being a celebrity then to run for president.

Didn't stop the Obama's.

fj45lvr
11-14-2010, 01:18 AM
hell no.

she is just ENTERTAINMENT and a media creation. She has no credibility running with McAmnesty. (but I guess thats what the GOP deserves).

Only thing she has going for her is AIPAC and zombies

anaconda
11-14-2010, 04:01 AM
I thought Romney was winning most of these early polls by a good margin. Not that this means much of anything.

Kotin
11-14-2010, 04:09 AM
I highly doubt she will be running.

devil21
11-14-2010, 04:19 AM
I think Huck is the "media-supported" front runner. Palin isn't viable.

JohnEngland
11-14-2010, 05:48 AM
I don't think Palin has any interest in running.

Romney is the one to watch out for. He's the establishment's pick.

RM918
11-14-2010, 06:51 AM
I don't know, reality show to presidency? While that's certainly been a long time coming, I'm not too sure about it.

james1906
11-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Palin's the Flava Flav of the GOP. She's there to act as the hype man. She's not meant to be taken seriously, but people flock to see her enthusiasm and antics.

BlackTerrel
11-14-2010, 10:36 AM

By this logic "The Situation" is the front runner.

Palin has a strong base - but that's it. She does not appeal to anyone outside her base and that's not how you win elections.

speciallyblend
11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
she is not running but if i was obama;) i would finance her run and hopefully get the gop to nominate her;) bringing about an obama 2nd term!!

The Dude
11-14-2010, 12:07 PM
There isn't a single "establishment" pick. Those in power would love nothing more than Huck, Romney, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Santorum, ect to win the nomination. They are ALL establishment candidates and basically the same.

I don't think Palin will run. I hope she does though, it'll split up the neocons even more.