PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need some ideas to write about for this question: What's the best outcome...

libertybrewcity
11-13-2010, 08:08 PM
What's the best outcome of the midterm elections for President Obama?

a. Democrats keep the house and senate

b. Democrats lose the house, but keep the senate

c. Democrats lose the house and senate

~~~Please give some analysis on why it one of these!!

TY, TY!

Dripping Rain
11-13-2010, 08:21 PM
of course a.
Thats a non question.
first because if they kept both the house and Senate it would support the Obama admin narrative that the economy is getting better
Second Obama Care was the mandate of this midterm election so It would also give more cred to the dems and show that the majority of Americans support Obamacare
Third it would make the democrats chances of keeping the 3 major branches legislative judicial and executive better in 2012
fourth It would give the wishy washy dems more confidence to fall in line behind the Obama agenda and his admins vision. thereby making the jobs of Pelosi and Reid much easier to convince their colleagues of getting onboard behind certain divisive legislations

do you want more?

Koz
11-13-2010, 08:26 PM
This seems like a question that was asked before the elections.

libertybrewcity
11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
bump

Koz
11-14-2010, 05:06 PM
See my previous post.

Pauls' Revere
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
The best outcome for the GOP is to keep Obama in office. He seems to be doing more to get them elected than the GOP itself.

Koz
11-14-2010, 05:15 PM
The best outcome for the GOP is to keep Obama in office. He seems to be doing more to get them elected than the GOP itself.

I don't think that was the question.

Maximus
11-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Obama obviously wants his party in power of both houses of Congress.

libertybrewcity
11-14-2010, 10:34 PM
of course a.
Thats a non question.
first because if they kept both the house and Senate it would support the Obama admin narrative that the economy is getting better
Second Obama Care was the mandate of this midterm election so It would also give more cred to the dems and show that the majority of Americans support Obamacare
Third it would make the democrats chances of keeping the 3 major branches legislative judicial and executive better in 2012
fourth It would give the wishy washy dems more confidence to fall in line behind the Obama agenda and his admins vision. thereby making the jobs of Pelosi and Reid much easier to convince their colleagues of getting onboard behind certain divisive legislations

do you want more?

yes please. thanks for your insight!

Dripping Rain
11-16-2010, 02:39 AM
yes please. thanks for your insight!

ur welcome libertbrew. Well if ur writing a persuasive paper theres your 3 main points right there plus an extra one and you can expand as you wish then write ur conclusion paragraph. If its somthing else heres more:
-It would encourage more Republican federal legislators to cave in to the democrat proposals. making pelosi and reids jobs even more so easier
-It would discredit and neutralize the president's arch nemesis masquerading as the Tea Party. Moderates and independents would leave the tea party, tax protests would wither away. The now motivated energized Republican base will become apathetic and demoralized, making Republican legislators more vulnerable

I honestly cant think of any more. some of those points can be used to expand on ones i made earlier/
I hope I was of use gtg sleep now :)