PDA

View Full Version : Is Justin as Radical as Ron Paul, or is he going to be more like Rand?

skyorbit
11-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Just wondering. I haven't heard much about him. I'm hoping he's somewhere on that continuum in how he actually votes, and lobbies, and campaigns for bills in the house.

TRacy

TheState
11-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Here's a website with some of his past votes. Like Ron Paul, a lot of votes in Michigan ended 109-1, with that 1 being Amash.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Justin_Amash

Oh and don't forget his facebook page, he lists every vote there. http://www.facebook.com/justinamash

MRoCkEd
11-13-2010, 04:32 PM
wait and see

TheState
11-13-2010, 04:40 PM
I like this vote on his FB page:

Justin Amash just voted no on SB 371, which allows active duty military personnel to cancel cell phone contracts without penalty. I support the objectives but believe we should adopt comprehensive legislation to handle ALL types of contracts (to avoid confusing, patchwork legislation). The choice not to do so is entirely political, so legislators can grant small "gifts" to service members every year. The bill passed 99-1.

t0rnado
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Considering that Amash donated to Ron Paul's campaign several times in 2008, I think he's more likely to vote like Ron Paul in Congress.

libertybrewcity
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't think Ron Paul is radical!

Elwar
12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Since when is freedom radical?

Guitarzan
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Radical = Pure

muzzled dogg
12-08-2010, 06:53 PM
justin just got a shout out from ron on schiffradio

mport1
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM
The federal government must secure our borders. The United States has always welcomed individuals who legally seek to enter our country to work or become citizens, but Congress and the president must make every effort to stop at the border those immigrants who attempt to break our laws. Hard-working, skilled, entrepreneurial, and educated legal immigrants benefit our communities and our country.

Well here is at least one anti-liberty position.

brenden.b
12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Well here is at least one anti-liberty position.

FYI, not every liberty-minded individual advocates open borders, in fact I am pretty neither Ron nor Rand advocate open borders, so Amash would not be far from them on this issue.

Besides, open border work in a perfect, we are not in a perfect world and so long as we have a welfare state, open borders are suicidal.

mport1
12-10-2010, 12:25 AM
FYI, not every liberty-minded individual advocates open borders, in fact I am pretty neither Ron nor Rand advocate open borders, so Amash would not be far from them on this issue.

Besides, open border work in a perfect, we are not in a perfect world and so long as we have a welfare state, open borders are suicidal.

They may not advocate them, but in no way is immigration restriction libertarian. It goes completely against private property rights. And you are right about Ron and Rand. Ron has certainly gotten worse over years on the issues.

Ricky201
12-10-2010, 06:47 AM
They may not advocate them, but in no way is immigration restriction libertarian. It goes completely against private property rights. And you are right about Ron and Rand. Ron has certainly gotten worse over years on the issues.

I don't believe Ron has gotten worse over the years on the issue, I believe the issue has gotten worse. I don't understand how the massive welfare expenditures that come along with modern immigration sounds like a win-win situation with open borders(even though I am sure you don't advocate or are ignorant of such a massive welfare state seeing that you are a Procupine). Then again if you won't sweat over the system collapsing than I can see as to why you feel the way you do.