PDA

View Full Version : Workforce strategic command center extranet. *Important*

bigzer
11-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Although I’m Belgian and live in Belgium I follow Ron Paul every week and wishes he becomes the next president of the USA. Thousands of American soldiers died to liberate my country for freedom and today I propose my humble help for your fight to liberty.

I’m a business manager and marketing strategist of several major Belgian companies and know exactly what needs to be done in order to maximize the potential of Ron Paul’s “fanbase”.

It is clear that Ron Paul has a lot of motivated people ready to support him. Everyone has ideas and everyone wants to help but it’s going to be a mess to organize and optimize actions without the proper tools.

In my opinion the chances of success can greatly be improved if the resources (people) are used in an intelligent, synchronized and managed manner. In other words you may have as many people jumping in water it won’t necessarily make a big wave, instead make them jump all together OR make them jump in a timed manner to make waves resonate and you will get strong waves.

In this post I will describe information I think should be considered as highly sensitive information. I urge admins to delete this post as soon as it reached the necessary key members of this forum in order to avoid copy and sabotage attempts.

This post will explain the main functions of a tool that may become a strategic pillar of Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign.
I’m willing to design the entire specifications documents of the project including the user interface and will supervise its development. I will need at least one experienced PHP/MYSQL coder but could use Ajax and Action script coders as well.

This tool is divided in 4 major parts:
1) Get people involved and know what they can do for you: Taskforce aggregator
2) Distribute and read tasks: Taskforce communication platform
3) Advertise Ron Paul: Marketing strategy center
4) Take advantage of your fandbase resources: Taskforce Database
In detail:

1) Taskforce aggregator; is a centralized website where people can “subscribe to help Ron Paul” , they will give their names cell phone number, email and address. This will constitute your taskforce and can later be used. Once registered they will be asked to fill in a form by selecting what kind of task they are ready/able to do. Ex; are you ready to knock doors, are you ready to give phone calls, are you able to do video editing do you have a car etc. THIS CONSTITUTES YOUR WORKING FORCE.

A Flash tool should be developed in order to let website/blog owners integrate a flash registration form onto their website (so instead of integrating for example a YouTube video flash box they can integrate the taskforce registration flash box into their websites/blogs).

2) Taskforce communication platform; a centralized place where a taskforce administrator is able to assign a task or a message to all OR to a special type of taskforce (ex; send a message to all persons who are willing to knock doors). The communication will be delivered in 2 ways; SMS and/or E-mails. Taskforce administrators could also send a message to every member living in NewYork and ask them to go to Central Park at 7PM.

Each task can be given a priority lvl; normal and high priority in order to let people with few free time to do the most important ones first.

In addition to strategic tasks; daily internet tasks will also be delivered to everyone, those tasks are fast to do, for example; write a comment on this video on YouTube or click here or click there. With massive comments or views on youtube we can put targeted videos on youtube’s first page. We can also modify the result of a google search doing synchronized actions ex; when you type in election 2012 we can make sure ronpaul.com becomes the first result listed.

A taskforce member can log into the control center and see his assigned tasks in his personal task list. If he completed a task he can change the status to “completed” or to “couldn’t do it” or whatever in order to give a feedback to the command center.
Some tasks can be cancelled by admins to tell the taskforce “don’t waste time on this we don’t need it anymore”.

To make sure subscribed members stay active, we will grant some key members the role of “taskforce leader” for a particular task type(ex door knocking on NY), those leaders will have access to additional features to communicate with a selected person or to all members of his taskforce. In other words he’ll get access to a comprehensive interface allowing him to see the distributed tasks status (ex; knock doors in WDC; 67% of taskforce did the job) he can then contact one or all those who didn’t do the job yet to motivate them. He can also send a message to a particular person in order to ask him how things are going on and if he needs help or whatever. Members of the taskforce can also ask questions directly to his taskforce leader.

In addition to the standard taskforce management, independent team leaders of any Ron Paul supporter groups around America can register on the system and invite all their team members to join in a private taskforce. The above described tools will then allow them to communicate with their team easily as well as give access to their private workforce pool to the main command center (Ron Paul campaign staff).

Any user registered on the system, can list private taskforces and join or leave them at any moment.
Joining one or more private taskforces means you’ll receive not only tasks from the private taskforce groups but also from the main command center.

3) Marketing strategy center; each member will be given the choice to grand full secure access to the control center to their Facebook wall, Twitter wall and other major community networks. The command center admins will then be able to post automatically messages, pictures or videos on all those accounts walls in behalf of people pressing one single button.

4) Database access and database update capability; admins of the control center can have access to all the taskforce database and search for specific persons. Now let’s say you need someone with a boat, you can add this new database criteria easily using a tool; write what you need and press OK. The question “do you have a boat we could use?” will popup on all screens when people login to their accounts. Next time you need someone with a boat you can just search for this criteria in your taskforce database and get in touch with them.

Although it may sound complicated I’m capable of designing an extremely comprehensive user interface for each layer of this extranet and make sure even new internet users understand how it works.

Imagine people logging in every day and get their daily tasks. Some of them involving real life actions for the most motivated, and internet tasks for the lesser ones.
With internet tasks we can do many things and people don’t even have to get out of their homes to help.
This tool clearly allows synchronized and orchestrated action distribution. This tool will allow the kind of strategies providing free powerful mainstream advertisement.

There are many features I didn’t describe but this describes my general idea.
It will aggregate people and make them part of a real community with true power as well as delivering an accomplishment feeling to each of the participants. It will motivate troops and may become for many members their daily occupation.
We could even design a message space highly visible once logged in where Dr Paul or personalities could writes something once in a while so that the thousands of members of the taskforce feel the real connection with the campaign staff thus motivating and remembering them they are an important part of this campaign.

Now this is not a small project, it would require a lot of planning prior anything but once done I’m confident that a working version could be deployed after about 2 month development with one experienced coder working on it as full time job. A 2d artist would also be required for about 2 weeks to work on the user interface.
I can take care of all the planning and design of the project including the user interface logic and can spend time supervising the development as well as the future maintenance, adaptations and improvements/upgrades.

Let me know if there are any interests in this tool, I would be glad to provide my expertise, knowledge and support of this kind of application.

Best regards from Brussels
David

Spider-Man
11-13-2010, 05:38 PM

JVParkour
11-14-2010, 12:30 PM
This is definitely a very interesting concept. Year of Youth tried to do something similar. They gathered a base of volunteers and divided them into groups based on ability. Then, tasks were assigned, and points given to encourage participation, all for the sake of liberty.

I am not a coder or developer or anything, but I am constantly brainstorming about stuff. If the right people get involved, i.e. the essential people, developers, etc, I will definitely try my best to brainstorm and generate ideas.

Hopefully someone with the proper knowledge will get involved with this project and not just make this one more good idea that didn't turn into anything...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-14-2010, 12:36 PM
so ummmm... I like tater tots

JVParkour
11-14-2010, 12:46 PM
so ummmm... I like tater tots

WTF dude?

specsaregood
11-14-2010, 12:50 PM
WTF dude?

I think jdmyprez_deo_vindice raises an excellent point. Think about what he said in the context of the goals of the OP.

CaseyJones
11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
what y'all think?

CaseyJones
11-21-2010, 11:57 AM
bump
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=269770

pcosmar
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I am thinking that we did a good job last time. And the several reasons that Ron is not President did not have anything to do with Organization or lack of it.
Some of it was the fault of the Centralized Campaign. Some was deliberately sabotaged by those working for the campaign. (Michigan)
Most of it was the MSM. (which we have no controlling interest in).

And yet is was greatly successful in awakening a large mass of people.

I personally like the cellular approach. Many projects, and no central leadership that can be compromised or subverted.

p.s. I have doubts that Ron would ever be allowed the Presidency,(though I support him 100%), but attacks at this point will only grow the resistance.

bigzer
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I don't think it's constructive to openly say that Ron would never be allowed the Presidency. To be honest this would mean this whole forum is useless. I think the establishment is scared of what's happening at this moment because they know deep changes could happen fast if the movement reaches a critical mass that would start an exponential growth.

Anyway, although the tool description is a first shot it's main focus could be different but the philosophy is there.

Also I do agree central control has potential issues but I'm confident they can be addressed if the architecture and the focus is correctly designed from the very beginning.

This tool isn't necessary made to control everyone, instead I see it as a tool to gather independent groups that do their own stuff without any restriction but use this tool to help them communicate and manage their team easily and "as bonus" allow them to propose additional help for synchronized actions for the central control center.

It also allows people who are willing to help but don't know where to start, to find and select the activities they want to do in the region they live in.

We can design the site in order to make the whole process actually entertaining, this would not only secure the existing members but would attract new ones just because its actually entertaining to participate.

At this day I received some messages proposing help, but I still need a motivated PHP/Mysql coder with perhaps some Ajax knowledge.

Don't hesitate to send me your questions or give me your comments.

Best regards from Brussels
David

TheHumblePhysicist
11-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I live in California, which is a lost cause as far as Ron Paul is concerned. I am not willing to fly out to Iowa or whatever and miss school, so I guess I have to say no. If you have a way to work around my obstacles, maybe using the web to organize information for you, or taking the train to a nearby state on my vacation, then I am at your disposal.

JamesButabi
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
I think its an awesome idea and a worthwhile project. To address the post above, he clearly addresses this in the OP. You can set what level of participation you are willing to do.

Only thing is funding. A project of this size would require a decent outlay of cash, especially if you are preparing it in advance to handle boatloads of bandwidth.

roho76
11-24-2010, 10:12 AM
I love the internationality of the Ron Paul movement. I think it's great that someone from another country want's to be so involved with the liberty movement even though it doesn't effect you directly (even though on some level US policy does effect you). Keep up the great work. This is a sound idea and I think it could be useful if given the proper attention. I am teaching myself how to code iPhone apps and if this gains legs then maybe in the not so distant future I can be of some assistance.

Thread added to subscription list.

Tinnuhana
11-24-2010, 05:15 PM
@roho76
Lafayette

Ethek
11-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Subscribed

BamaAla
11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm on board.