PDA

View Full Version : Still talking about out of state contributions

amisspelledword
11-13-2010, 11:54 AM
http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/11/12/rand-paul-got-69-percent-of-individual-contributions-from-outside-kentucky/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+BluegrassPolitics+(Bluegrass+Po litics)&utm_content=Twitter

Though the donations hail from across state lines, “these big-dollar donors stand to become ideological constituents” of Paul and his conservative brand of politics, the analysis found.

“There are two reasons you’re going to give money,” Gross said. “Either there’s a sense of a quid pro quo because he represents a certain industry, or they’re doing it for ideological congruence.”

i wonder which it is...

Dreamofunity
11-13-2010, 12:31 PM
69% of 6.7 million is only about 4.6 million. That leaves 2.1 from Kentucky voters (unless they counted pacs in there, which wasn't a lot), that's a lot of money from Kentucky, almost half of Conway's total amount raised, which I doubt is 100% from Kentucky.

economics102
11-13-2010, 03:50 PM
“There are two reasons you’re going to give money,” Gross said. “Either there’s a sense of a quid pro quo because he represents a certain industry, or they’re doing it for ideological congruence.”

I am an individual, and an out of state donor. I don't know what exacatly "ideological congruence" means, but I donated because, yes, there is a quid pro quo. It goes likes this: I give money to Rand Paul's campaign, and in return, he goes to Washington and fights to save this country. What exactly is the problem with that?

sailingaway
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Boring.....

Conway got his money from individual donors from out of state, too. Daily kos, ActBlue, etc. Organizing for America brought troops in to canvas for him.

No one is even looking at Conway's are they? They are trying to turn his huge grass roots following into a negative as best they can.

TheDriver
11-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Boring.....

Conway got his money from individual donors from out of state, too. Daily kos, ActBlue, etc. Organizing for America brought troops in to canvas for him.

No one is even looking at Conway's are they? They are trying to turn his huge grass roots following into a negative as best they can.

Jack who? :p

Personally, I donated more to $ to a few in-state (Kentucky) candidates, but I donated to more out-of-state candidates running for Congress than in-state.

If you are politically active you donate, if you're not - you don't. Could it be that not many Kentuckians are willing to donate to candidates?

There is a limit to how much you can raise in-state in Kentucky, and the media knows that.

For example, I doubt you can find a federal candidate from Kentucky who raised over $5 million all in-state. Possibly $4 million would be hard (3 might be the ceiling).

ScotTX
11-14-2010, 12:32 PM
The largest share of Paul’s out-of-state individual contributions, $202,754, came from Texas,

That's right! Quite a bit came from my zip code, I know.