PDA

View Full Version : Christians WILL NEVER vote for a Mormon,pro-homosexual,pro-abortion Mitt Romney*

V4Vendetta
10-20-2007, 09:04 AM
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN,

AND IF IT DOES HAPPEN (SUCH AS WITH PAT ROBERTSON, JAMES DOBSON, JOEL OSTEEN, and OTHERS)

THEY AREN'T CHRISTIANS - by the very defining elements that define Christianity!

SouthernGuy15
10-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Christians voted for the warmongering President Bush so they will vote for anyone.

V4Vendetta
10-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Christians voted for the warmongering President Bush so they will vote for anyone.

Bush in 1999 Vs. 2004 and later

is Day and NIGHT

he was a totally different person, He let his true colors out. Most Christians then/and now don't understand the history of the Bush Family

werdd
10-20-2007, 09:34 AM
seriously though, i live in the beltway of brimstone country and christians will just never vote for a morman

fj45lvr
10-20-2007, 09:37 AM
You need to put the word "Some" in front of your claim....I am positive that "some" will vote for him (and I don't want to try to argue whether they are Christian or not).

Romney should fail not because he believes he will be a god of another planet one day but because of his political ideas and record.

Adamsa
10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
To start off with Bush had that humble foreign policy that Ron is always talking about, but since 9/11 Bush got confused and just invaded everywhere.

werdd
10-20-2007, 09:42 AM
You need to put the word "Some" in front of your claim....I am positive that "some" will vote for him (and I don't want to try to argue whether they are Christian or not).

Romney should fail not because he believes he will be a god of another planet one day but because of his political ideas and record.

i dont know, all of my grandparents lifetime church goers have told me they couldnt stand having a mormon president - there is a general prejudice towards mormans here also.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zy0d1HbItOo&mode=related&search=

ALAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIMmmmmmmmmmm!

V4Vendetta
10-20-2007, 09:49 AM
i dont know, all of my grandparents lifetime church goers have told me they couldnt stand having a mormon president - there is a general prejudice towards mormans here also.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zy0d1HbItOo&mode=related&search=

ALAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIMmmmmmmmmmm!

Thats because the CHRISTIAN faith is totally different from the MORMONS

Christians call the MORMAN religion a CULT.

THEY have their own bible, believe in totally different teachings.

Its not like comparing methodists and baptists here... the MORMON faith and CHRISTIAN faith are nothing alike. Mormon's are a CULT

Phil M
10-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats because the CHRISTIAN faith is totally different from the MORMONS

Christians call the MORMAN religion a CULT.

THEY have their own bible, believe in totally different teachings.

Its not like comparing methodists and baptists here... the MORMON faith and CHRISTIAN faith are nothing alike. Mormon's are a CULT

They believe in a different invisible man than you do!! OH NOES!!!1!!1

Corydoras
10-20-2007, 10:01 AM

This is the kind of thing that the people in that other thread are complaining about.

Putting down all theism as the same is extraneous to this thread and really seems designed to offend rather than to explore the topic at hand.

Phil M
10-20-2007, 10:19 AM
This is the kind of thing that the people in that other thread are complaining about.

Putting down all theism as the same is extraneous to this thread and really seems designed to offend rather than to explore the topic at hand.

I intentionally made that post with the objective that someone would respond as you did. I am criticized for lightly ridiculing theism, yet V4Vendetta suggests that anyone who votes for Romeny isn't a Christian, that all Mormons are cult members, implies some other nasty things, and is given a free pass.

Corydoras
10-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I am criticized for lightly ridiculing theism, yet V4Vendetta suggests that anyone who votes for Romeny isn't a Christian, that all Mormons are cult members, implies some other nasty things, and is given a free pass.

So start a different thread instead of hijacking this one. This thread happens to be about theists.

Phil M
10-20-2007, 10:28 AM
So start a different thread instead of hijacking this one. This thread happens to be about theists.

I don't mean to hijack it, I am merely pointing out that the whole premise of this thread is offensive to quite a few people, including the millions of theists who will be voting for Mitt Romney. I'm entitled to do that, right? But if you wish I shall leave it at this.

Corydoras
10-20-2007, 10:30 AM
if you wish I shall leave it at this.

Yes, please do.

inflamesdjk02
10-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together."
- James Madison

tfelice
10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I'll explore the topic at hand if I may. The thread title is correct in some sense, but should have been worded better.

Many Evangelicals will not vote for a Mormon primarily because the LDS church is viewed by Evangelical Christianity as cultic. The term "cult" when used in this context refers to any denominational body that teaches that they are the only true church, that salvation comes only through their church and that when one leaves membership in their church they are "forfeiting" their salvation.

Additionally, Romney's record on gay marriage & abortion will not sit well with Evangelicals. You could say he has three strikes against him. Just like Rudy's three strikes are his pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage and anti-gun stances.

So in the context of building grassroots support, I don't think we will have too much of a problem with Evangelicals supporting Romney based on the reasons I stated.

dircha
10-20-2007, 12:20 PM
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN,

AND IF IT DOES HAPPEN (SUCH AS WITH PAT ROBERTSON, JAMES DOBSON, JOEL OSTEEN, and OTHERS)

THEY AREN'T CHRISTIANS - by the very defining elements that define Christianity!

The generally holier-than-thou liberal media, not Christians, are the number one group making Romney's Mormonism an issue. They are the ones who bring the issue up. They are the ones who press into his participation in Mormon practice like they are tabloid journalists. It's sickening, to be honest, and I'm not Mormon.

It's the same way that the media proclaims itself to be unbiased, claims itself to be the Fourth Estate saving us from plunging into tyranny, when they are the very ones who lead the march to war in Iraq, and are the very ones who have propelled Giuliani, the authoritarian war monger, to national prominence.

Sick, just sick. The "anointed" press, by and large, is the enemy of freedom of fairness.

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 12:22 PM

My imaginary friend is better than YOUR imaginary friend!

:D

Vaughn
10-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Not all Christians hate gay people...Don’t stereotype us!