PDA

View Full Version : Blogger thinks I was "childish" for handing Sen Corker a pocket Constitution

Matt Collins
11-12-2010, 05:46 PM
A blogger thinks I was "childish" for handing Sen Corker a pocket Constitution:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/11/12/atlas-giggled/

awake
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Chin up laddy, they don't understand the document, the idea behind it, or the man who delivered it.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
More threads about yourself?

Anti Federalist
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Matt Collins writes
November 12th, 2010 5:43 pm
Again, you are missing the point of my objective. I came with a specific goal in mind, and got exactly what I wanted.

But really, as mentioned on the Tennessean comment section this isn’t about me (as much as people would like it to be).

Senator Corker “was offended” when someone called him out on his voting record. Senator Corker “was offended” when someone tried to give him a copy of the Constitution. WHAT HUBRIS?!!?

I think you’re looking at this from the wrong angle. Why would a Senator refuse to accept a copy of the US Constitution?

I find Senator Corker’s big-government voting record offensive. I also find his hypocrisy offensive. I find it offensive that he is trying to pass himself off as a conservative Republican when it comes time for reelection. I find it offensive that he is screaming about a problem that he helped create. I find it offensive that he won’t allow for a full audit of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy. I find it offensive that he only opposes debt and spending when the Democrats hold power. I find it offensive that he has the audacity to stand in front of a crowd and obfuscate about issues so important to our Republic.

That is the real story.

JK/SEA
11-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Good job Matt. Getting people to think outside the box isn't easy. Keep at it my friend.

RonPaulCult
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
It WAS a little childish. Sorry. Go ahead and flame away at me now. I'm just keeping it real.

I thought it was pretty funny though.

JK/SEA
11-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Throwing a pie at someone is childish, but funny. Handing a slimeball like Corker a Constitution is....PATRIOTIC.

RonPaulCult
11-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Many of us are childish. We don't take our responsibility seriously. We throw snowballs at Hannity - which is SO FUN and incredibly funny. But how many Hannity fans are turned off from Ron Paul's ideas because of it?

You all do what you think is best - you will anyway - but I think it's important to think of unintended consequences of our actions. We should represent this movement with pride and respect at all times. Being immature is a turn-off from the very serious ideas that we hold. Just my two cents.

Bruno
11-12-2010, 07:06 PM
And yet we are talking about corked not following the constitution. Mission accomplished.

Ekrub
11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
You can't compare throwing snowballs and presenting a senator with a constitution.

Throwing a snowball = childish
Presenting a Constitution = a point that needed to be made.

Kudos to you Matt.

RonPaulCult
11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
You can't compare throwing snowballs and presenting a senator with a constitution.

Throwing a snowball = childish
Presenting a Constitution = a point that needed to be made.

Kudos to you Matt.

They aren't the same thing, but excuse me - it's what he said. He suggested the man had never read the constitution. He did not mean it literally. He meant it as an INSULT. To publicly insult somebody is childish. Right?

I'm not saying that he didn't deserve it. I'm saying that some look down on such behavior and will thus look down on our ideas as a result.

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one. But maybe it's time to think about these things.

Slutter McGee
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
That was a dumb thing to do Matt.

You just wasted a perfectly good copy of the constitution.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Guitarzan
11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
It was contrived. Not necessarily childish.

Personally, I'm more of an improv fan. Next time just take a trumpet.

JK/SEA
11-12-2010, 07:24 PM
They aren't the same thing, but excuse me - it's what he said. He suggested the man had never read the constitution. He did not mean it literally. He meant it as an INSULT. To publicly insult somebody is childish. Right?

I'm not saying that he didn't deserve it. I'm saying that some look down on such behavior and will thus look down on our ideas as a result.

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one. But maybe it's time to think about these things.

OOOHHHH GOD NO!...INSULTED THE GREAT SENATOR FROM TENNESSEE...well fuck me runnin'....how dare he. What the hell man...this 'Senator' should be in prison for treason along with the other bastards who refuse to honor their oaths.

TruckinMike
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Has anyone noticed how political correctness always sides with the opposite of truth and freedom? PC was created by leftists (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/18037) to get their opponents to shut up. I guess we know which side of the fence Corker and his supporters reside.

Way to go Matt! Good Job!

TMike

james1906
11-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Matt is the height of a small child

JK/SEA
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Matt is the height of a small child

The right height for kicking someone in the nuts without too much effort.

RonPaulCult
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
OOOHHHH GOD NO!...INSULTED THE GREAT SENATOR FROM TENNESSEE...well fuck me runnin'....how dare he. What the hell man...this 'Senator' should be in prison for treason along with the other bastards who refuse to honor their oaths.

You are missing my point. I said the Senator was deserving on the insult.

My question is: how many people did he turn on to truth and freedom by insulting the Senator? I'm guessing by the boos from the crowd - a different tactic may have done more to spread our message. But I don't mean to bust his balls - I enjoyed the clip and I understand where he is coming from.

malkusm
11-12-2010, 07:52 PM
You are missing my point. I said the Senator was deserving on the insult.

My question is: how many people did he turn on to truth and freedom by insulting the Senator? I'm guessing by the boos from the crowd - a different tactic may have done more to spread our message. But I don't mean to bust his balls - I enjoyed the clip and I understand where he is coming from.

I think RonPaulCult is correct....it's not the substance, but the style. Matt was 100% correct in what he said....he just could have done it in a way that won more people over to his side.

Still a badass thing to do, though, and it's something that ultimately doesn't amount to much one way or another.

JK/SEA
11-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I didn't hear any boo's. Sounded more like a baabaa...

Bergie Bergeron
11-12-2010, 08:05 PM
That was a dumb thing to do Matt.

You just wasted a perfectly good copy of the constitution.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee
Point, set, match.

pcosmar
11-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Damn.
is it just me or am I seeing a lot of folks discouraging any and all action or efforts here lately?

We must be having some affect to be generating so much resistance.

Good Job Matt.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Damn.
is it just me or am I seeing a lot of folks discouraging any and all action or efforts here lately?

We must be having some affect to be generating so much resistance.

Good Job Matt.

Won't get flak unless you are over the target.

Dr.3D
11-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I would have accepted a pocket constitution. I have a few, but it never hurts to have an extra few to hand out to those who need one.

Must be that guy doesn't have any friends to give one to.

AGRP
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Not even worth your time to respond to this.

You're lowering yourself by responding to them. It would be like if Rand held a press conference to voice his disgust at something Perez Hilton said.

Matt Collins
11-13-2010, 01:43 AM
You just wasted a perfectly good copy of the constitution.Naw, after the dog and pony show was over I went and got it back. ;):p

Promontorium
11-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Childish, no. It was offensive. I thought that was the point. Offensively suggesting someone follow the law.

nobody's_hero
11-13-2010, 10:47 AM
If you think it was insulting, watch how politics are handled across the pond in the civilized country of Britain. Corker's emotionally-fragile self wouldn't last 5 minutes in that political environment.

YouTube - Cameron shred Brown into Pieces (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUy2inkGHQ&feature=related)

The British Parliament is much more interesting than our Congress.

Heimdallr
11-13-2010, 11:01 AM
//

Matt Collins
11-13-2010, 11:08 AM
If you think it was insulting, watch how politics are handled across the pond in the civilized country of Britain. Corker's emotionally-fragile self wouldn't last 5 minutes in that political environment.Someone else mentioned that to me yesterday! :D

osan
11-13-2010, 11:39 AM
It WAS a little childish. Sorry. Go ahead and flame away at me now. I'm just keeping it real.

I thought it was pretty funny though.

It was not childish. It was a necessary tactic in the search for straight answers from the sorts of people who are pathologically unwilling to give them.

You're not "keeping it real" by any means, I am afraid. Not a flame, just raw observation.

tnvoter
11-13-2010, 11:55 AM
You did well Matt but you could have done it without pissing anyone off, I know it's hard to talk to the Senator without emotions getting into but it could have been delivered better without giving the bloggers any ground to move against you, while still getting the point across to the crowd as well.

osan
11-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Many of us are childish. We don't take our responsibility seriously. We throw snowballs at Hannity - which is SO FUN and incredibly funny. But how many Hannity fans are turned off from Ron Paul's ideas because of it?

You all do what you think is best - you will anyway - but I think it's important to think of unintended consequences of our actions. We should represent this movement with pride and respect at all times. Being immature is a turn-off from the very serious ideas that we hold. Just my two cents.

Here, this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=268497&p=2981818)should clarify for you.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM
I think what MsDoodahs suggested to say, in the other thread, is perhaps the way to go in the future. You may want to check it out, because it's good. I applaud you, Matt, for what you did and next time it will be even better.

Way to get out there, Matt, and for putting our talking points into ACTION. :)

Matt Collins
11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
I think a lot of people don't fully understand what I did. I got Senator Corker on video refusing the Constitution and saying it was "offensive". But rest assured, it isn't the first time he has refused a copy of the Constitution being handed to him, and it probably won't be the last. This won't play well with conservative Republican voters in TN.

Jordan
11-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I think a lot of people don't fully understand what I did. I got Senator Corker on video refusing the Constitution and saying it was "offensive". But rest assured, it isn't the first time he has refused a copy of the Constitution being handed to him, and it probably won't be the last. This won't play well with conservative Republican voters in TN.

He was saying that what you said/presented was offensive.

You flat out said to a politician that based on his votes you didn't believe he had ever read the constitution, so you'd like to give him one.

That's like walking up to a Christian and telling them that based on their actions yesterday, you don't believe they had ever read the bible, and presenting them with one.

It was the words and the actions that he found offensive, not the constitution. If he believed the constitution to be offensive, then why would he admit to reading it?

Matt Collins
11-14-2010, 05:07 PM

You flat out said to a politician that based on his votes you didn't believe he had ever read the constitution, so you'd like to give him one.

That's like walking up to a Christian and telling them that based on their actions yesterday, you don't believe they had ever read the bible, and presenting them with one.

It was the words and the actions that he found offensive, not the constitution. If he believed the constitution to be offensive, then why would he admit to reading it?
That will be irrelevant when TV ads against him are made out of the video :cool:

chudrockz
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM

Yeah, it WOULD be like "walking up to a Christian and telling them that based on their actions yesterday, you don't believe they had ever read the Bible, and presenting them with one" IF

Yesterday you witnessed said "Christian" repeatedly moaning "Oh, Jesus FUCK" while cornholing his neighbor's wife in front of a golden idol.

I see not ONE THING wrong with handing that POS a Constitution.

payme_rick
11-14-2010, 05:58 PM
RonPaulCult: I think you're wrong on this one...

Giving the guy the constitution was an insult in itself... No words really needed to follow to get the point across to the senator, but to get the point across to everyone else there needed to be dialogue...
There is no nice way to tell a senator "you legislate as if you've never read the constitution!", but it's nowhere near hate-speech or physical violence etc..., it's just saying "wait a minute here"... If we tone it down from the point Collins was at here, that puts us at the "grin a bare it" stage, where we just do nothing...

This was not a bad thing, this was holding the sonsa bitches responsible and setting an example in a very simple way and frankly, in as nice a way as possible without "doing nothing"...

Knightskye
11-14-2010, 06:13 PM
In his own words, the blogger only has 10 readers. Why draw attention to him?

Umbro2914
11-14-2010, 06:16 PM

So basically you're like Bruno who with Ron Paul?

james1906
11-14-2010, 06:41 PM
In his own words, the blogger only has 10 readers. Why draw attention to him?

If you fuck with The Collins, then you fuck with everybody.