PDA

View Full Version : How to market for Ron Paul

mikelovesgod
06-09-2007, 04:22 AM
I've been in business for 6 years for myself, and 13 years overall with my father. I've learned a lot about how to market efficiently and cheaply. Over that time I've gotten good at inexpensive marketing that is highly efficient on getting a good response rate.

#1 Door-hangers not flyers
Of course the cheapest way is to print doorhangers (about 2 cents each) and distribute them. I think the doorhanger should have a quick over-view of what he believes as a politician.

Secondly, there should be a list of his wins on polls online after debates. Something to the effect of:

"Cong. Ron Paul has won every online poll after the debates on CNN, MSNBC, and 2nd in the text poll on Fox News"

Then have a website where they can go such as www.ronpaul2008.com and an additional website to see his views online.

#2 Coroplast signs
I would never put up "Ron Paul 2008" as a sign. No one knows who he is really. Put up signs like "Ron Paul for President" and under it have a small description of sub-titles like "Stop the IRS" and/or "Stop the War" and have his website under it so people can research him. I would use the same sign with many people helping if the city is large enough.

Use the same message "Stop the War", "Stop the IRS", "Help Freedom", "Take back Freedom" with his website under the the sub-text. Use the same signs, same message and repeat. Change the subtext to the new message monthly with the website on the bottom for a 2 tier marketing effect.

You can get those signs for about $1.60 each if you get 200 or more.

Other guerrilla marketing ideas that are cheap...

Use white marker for your windows that say "Ron Paul for President" but always leave his website as a reference. People always want to look into things, give them easy reference to do so.

Business cards that you can drop. Make sure they have a funny or unique headline like: "Hate Paying Taxes? Good, vote for Ron Paul winner of 8 online polls on MSNBC, CNN, etc.." and drop them off in restrooms, restaurants where you eat, supermarket entrances, etc.. You can get 1,000 for $25 all day long. Just use a bold headline. Headlines are 60% of your effectiveness.

Remember how pretty the message is isn't as important as the message itself. You don't need to have multi-color flyers printed from your house. Printing a simple yet effective message with a 2 tier approach such a website, youtube link, etc. is far more effective. Remember printing a color flyer from your house is about 7 cents, whereas is you go to a company like www.doorhangers.com it's about 2 or 3 cents depending on quantity.

Bradley in DC
06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I've been in business for 6 years for myself, and 13 years overall with my father. I've learned a lot about how to market efficiently and cheaply. Over that time I've gotten good at inexpensive marketing that is highly efficient on getting a good response rate.

Of course the cheapest way is to print doorhangers (about 2 cents each) and distribute them. I think the doorhanger should have a quick over-view of what he believes as a politician.

Secondly, there should be a list of his wins on polls online after debates. Something to the effect of:

"Cong. Ron Paul has won every online poll after the debates on CNN, MSNBC, and 2nd in the text poll on Fox News"

Then have a website where they can go such as www.ronpaul2008.com and an additional website to see his views online.

#2 Coroplast signs
I would never put up "Ron Paul 2008" as a sign. No one knows who he is really. Put up signs like "Ron Paul for President" and under it have a small description of sub-titles like "Stop the IRS" and/or "Stop the War" and have his website under it so people can research him. I would use the same sign with many people helping if the city is large enough.

Use the same message "Stop the War", "Stop the IRS", "Help Freedom", "Take back Freedom" with his website under the the sub-text. Use the same signs, same message and repeat. Change the subtext to the new message monthly with the website on the bottom for a 2 tier marketing effect.

Use white marker for your windows that say "Ron Paul for President" but always leave his website as a reference. People always want to look into things, give them easy reference to do so.

Business cards that you can drop. Make sure they have a funny or unique headline like: "Hate Paying Taxes? Good, vote for Ron Paul winner of 8 online polls on MSNBC, CNN, etc.." and drop them off in restrooms, restaurants where you eat, supermarket entrances, etc.. You can get 1,000 for $25 all day long. Just use a bold headline. Headlines are 60% of your effectiveness.

Remember how pretty the message is isn't as important as the message itself. You don't need to have multi-color flyers printed from your house. Printing a simple yet effective message with a 2 tier approach such a website, youtube link, etc. is far more effective. Remember printing a color flyer from your house is about 7 cents, whereas is you go to a company like www.doorhangers.com it's about 2 or 3 cents depending on quantity.

LOL, overall great, but I'm sort of leary of a "bathroom" campaign--who is this shitty candidate I keep finding in the rest room?!

denvervoipguru
06-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Yard Sign BLANKS
http://www.sdplastics.com/stepstake.html
case of 50 24X18 .79cents each $39.50 case plush shipping

http://www.sdplastics.com/coroplast.html
large coroplast sheets: 10MM 48x96 $32.00 each

SeekLiberty
06-10-2007, 10:05 AM

#2 Coroplast signs

Excellent advice! I can tell you've been a marketer (as myself) for quite some time. Thank you for taking the time to write and post this.