PDA

View Full Version : National Inflation Association

MsDoodahs
11-12-2010, 12:08 PM
is that ghemmy's group?

The president of it will be on FBN coming up next (359 directv users)

Deborah K
11-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah. Beck has been using their stats and referring to them lately as well.

socialvirus
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
He has, and that worries me. According to them the US was supposed to have already collapsed, or at the very least gotten much worse. They sell a lot of fear, and give out dates for total economic implosion and hyper-inflation far to liberally. I think Peter Schiff said we were supposed to have economically collapsed, maybee someone can set me straight on this.

The question I have is: is there a correlation between all of the individuals claiming imminent economic Armageddon and the sale of precious medals?

I have no doubt the a currency crisis, and very high inflation is coming down the line, but a total collapse of society I do not believe will happen over night. Other researchers are not predicting martial law or economic implosion for as many as 10 years.

MsDoodahs
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I have no doubt the a currency crisis, and very high inflation is coming down the line, but a total collapse of society I do not believe will happen over night. Other researchers are not predicting martial law or economic implosion for as many as 10 years.

We refer to the "fall of Rome" because we are looking back in time at a specific **period of time** but think about what it looked like if you had been living in the middle of it.

The collapse is already happening around us.

One day, history students will refer to the "fall of the USA" because they will be looking back in time at a specific **period of time.**

We're all just living in the middle of it.

Original_Intent
11-12-2010, 12:38 PM
We refer to the "fall of Rome" because we are looking back in time at a specific **period of time** but think about what it looked like if you had been living in the middle of it.

The collapse is already happening around us.

One day, history students will refer to the "fall of the USA" because they will be looking back in time at a specific **period of time.**

We're all just living in the middle of it.

While I agree 100% that we are i the middle of it and it has been going on for some time (Fall of 2008 at minimum) I think there will still be a black Monday date where the world wakes up and there is a rush for the exits regarding the dollar. It could be today, it could be 5 years from now.

Thing about Rome is collapse HAD tot ake longer because news travelled a lot slow and so moves and counter moves could take years to play out. With the interconnectedness of the entire world, all that can now play out in days, hours, minutes.

specialkornflake
11-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Ghemmy is a former employee of the NIA. This happened fairly recently. Jonathan Ledbed is the head of NIA last I checked. Peter Schiff isn't associated with the NIA.

Original_Intent
11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Ghemmy is a former employee of the NIA. This happened fairly recently. Jonathan Ledbed is the head of NIA last I checked. Peter Schiff isn't associated with the NIA.

So George is no longer associated with them?

TheHumblePhysicist
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
So how was NIA scamming people? You'd better tell the left wing media, because they will drop kick Beck on this one. And as goes Beck, so goes Palin.

And as goes Palin, up comes Paul!

MsDoodahs
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't know that they were scamming anyone.

malkusm
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't know that they were scamming anyone.

You should watch this.

YouTube - Jonathan Lebed Fox Business Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFcgwZ3xjJg)

knarfxii
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
12NOV10 Fox Biz discussing food inflation now and in 2011! YouTube - 12NOV10 Fox Biz discussing food inflation now and in 2011! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMPxF4zLI0)

paulpwns
11-12-2010, 07:45 PM
So he recommended one bad stock?
No one forces anyone to play the market, so not sure how it is scamming.

malkusm
11-12-2010, 07:46 PM
So he recommended one bad stock?
No one forces anyone to play the market, so not sure how it is scamming.

No, he is compensated to tout companies that he knows nothing about. You're more than welcome to follow their advice, and there's nothing illegal about it (nor should there be, IMO), but don't think that the NIA has your best interests in mind when they pick stocks. They pump fear in every e-mail and are borderline taking advantage of the people who buy into it.

paulpwns
11-12-2010, 07:52 PM
No, he is compensated to tout companies that he knows nothing about. You're more than welcome to follow their advice, and there's nothing illegal about it (nor should there be, IMO), but don't think that the NIA has your best interests in mind when they pick stocks. They pump fear in every e-mail and are borderline taking advantage of the people who buy into it.

Sure I am just saying, people know the risks when buying a stock that someone is paid to tout. They are just making bad decisions. I agree he probably is taking advantage but they are letting him.

Romulus
11-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow.. Ledbed looks awfully uncomfortable there.. Heh.