PDA

View Full Version : Should we start a website to support Michael Steele?

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
There is an all out war waged by the establishment on Michael Steele. Everyone remembers what the RNC did to us during the 2008 elections under the leadership of Neocon fish stick lover Mike Duncan.
We have seen how Michael Steele was so friendly towards ROn Paul and our movement. Steele also didnt shy away from supporting the tea party and its candidates. He even bought and read End The Fed and got Ron Paul to sign it for him(shows you why the neocons are sh*t scared)
http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/ron-paul-steele.jpg
IMHO Neocons are using their media lapdogs to create a fake crisis. There is no real crisis since Steele has done an excellent job so far. This way they can brainwash idiots in the committee that Steele has to go. Theyre also trying to divide and destroy the RNC which will help ensure theres a nation-wide rift = Obama has a second term. This also ensures the purging of the RP movement from the GOP.
Any one other than Steele whether its Duncan, Buck or Anuzis will not be in the favor of the Ron Paul contingent. We will be treated worse than 2008 so can someone from the websmasters start a website to support Steele. Maybe we can create an online petition and print petitions to collect signatures supporting Michael Steele both online and at every tea party thereby Steele will owe us one and treat us even better than he already is.
What say you webmasters?
What say you?

I wouldnt know how to start a website this is why Im floating the idea in the hopes someone reading will run with it and start something. I wouldnt encourage this investment if the stakes werent so high and the return wasnt going to be as good as this will be.

edit: amyPi wrote a better idea

How about a website that supports Republicans who question the wars and question the Federal Reserve, with extra-special props for those who question both?

Bucfish also suggests a Facebook group/s supporting the effort

A website would be good but add to that a movement on Facebook, groups and such.

Don't Mess with Steele!

low preference guy
11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
good idea

MsDoodahs
11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Did Steele ever apologize for what he said about Ron after that debate on FoxNews?

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 05:20 PM
good idea

thanks for the encouragement LPG. it means a lot :)

amy31416
11-11-2010, 05:21 PM
How about a website that supports Republicans who question the wars and question the Federal Reserve, with extra-special props for those who question both?

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Did Steele ever apologize for what he said about Ron after that debate on FoxNews?

Youd have to ask him Doodahs. I personally think he redeemed himself @ CPAC 2010. He also had lots of praise for RP on national tv. But you never know what was said between him and Ron Paul in private. Since the good Doc had a lot of praise for him recently

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 05:28 PM

thats an even better idea amy props to you my friend
will add it to the op

bucfish
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
A website would be good but add to that a movement on Facebook, groups and such.

Don't Mess with Steele!

anaconda
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Has Steele given us any actual talking points or promises that should inspire us to support him? Just curious. Holding up Ron's book doesn't quite do it for me.

anaconda
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
We have seen how Michael Steele was so friendly towards ROn Paul and our movement.

Steele ripped on Ron after the Giuliani debate encounter.

Theyre also trying to divide and destroy the RNC which will help ensure theres a nation-wide rift = Obama has a second term. This also ensures the purging of the RP movement from the GOP.

So, are you saying the RNC wants a second Obama term? And, how would this "purge the Ron Paul movement" from the GOP? It would probably only make it stronger.

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Has Steele given us any actual talking points or promises that should inspire us to support him? Just curious. Holding up Ron's book doesn't quite do it for me.

like opposing the Afghan war. Like giving us legitimacy @ CPAC 2010. Steele doesnt have to be a member of RPFs to inspire our support. We should encourage him to be a true conservative. Rather than abandon him to face the neocons alone.
Ron Paul I think supports Michael Steele being the chairman for another term. Ill have to find the article but its true I read it

anaconda
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
like opposing the Afghan war. Like giving us legitimacy @ CPAC 2010. Steele doesnt have to be a member of RPFs to inspire our support. We should encourage him to be a true conservative. Rather than abandon him to face the neocons alone.
Ron Paul I think supports Michael Steele being the chairman for another term. Ill have to find the article but its true I read it

If Ron supports him that would be good enough for me. At least for now.

BTW: How is it that the Obama second term "purges" RP from the political landscape? Just curious on your reasoning.

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 11:37 PM

BTW: How is it that the Obama second term "purges" RP from the political landscape? Just curious on your reasoning.

Where did I write that?
I meant if Steele is gone we may get purged from all GOP functions and activities just like in 2008. Especially if a facist like Duncan or one of the other facists is elected chair

libertythor
11-12-2010, 12:11 AM
We must keep Michael Steele. He has been a much better friend to us than Mike Duncan, and if we are to have a chance in 2012, we must keep Steele!

Right now the racial tensions that have flared up in the US over the bumbling comments of Obama and Company will probably be used behind the scenes to remove Michael Steel and replace him with somebody more Neocon and therefore more amicable to Barack Obama AND the Kristol faction of the Republican Party.

A Keep Michael Steele Facebook page would be a start, and a website could be built off of that.

Thomas
11-12-2010, 12:12 AM
yes

Imperial
11-12-2010, 01:58 AM
The ideological reasons to support Steele:-He has been friendly to Ron Paul Republicans during his tenure. Other than just focusing on the big groups, he really is a big tent guy. He visited San Francisco and offered some kind words to John Dennis, despite the fact the city was on nobody's radar in the party. When he took his anti-Pelosi bus tour, he made sure to visit BJ Lawson in NC-04.

- He expressed skepticism on Afghanistan. True, he talked back some of the comments; Rand also talked back some of his more libertariany positions during the election, and look at the product we have now!

The practical reasons to support Steele:-Steele is focusing on the long-term. In a certain way, this is like the left's battle between Rahm Emmanuel and Howard Dean. Emmanuel looked for easy gains when he headed up the DCCC, getting lots of blue dogs elected to get a House majority. Look where it got them in 2010 with half of those guys wiped out! Dean meanwhile focused on a 50 state strategy, regardless of ideology. I think Steele would be similar, focusing on every group. That should be the job of the RNC chair. It may not be immediately gratifying, but it is better party building.

-People pay attention to interest groups that help them out. If the Campaign For Liberty and our netroots get behind Steele for RNC Chair, I think it sends him a clear message in 2012: Don't meddle. He can't make an endorsement in the race, but it will tell him to not work behind the scenes to burn Dr. Paul and the faction of the party that bailed him out of a fire.

speciallyblend
11-12-2010, 05:38 AM

exactly what i am thinking. I have 0 trust for steele or the gop establishment!! personally i think the gop will need to crash and burn before they can rise again but maybe if Rand Paul grows some balls and starts banging some gop heads together!!

Steele would need to do some more serious sucking up before i might even give him 5% credibility! I have seen nothing to show that steele isn't the same weasel he was before!!!

jmdrake
11-12-2010, 06:20 AM

YouTube - CNN: Ron Paul praises Steele's comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZKcrmsxgDI)

Not an endorsement of Steele in general, but supporting Steele speaking against Afghanistan. It's funny that Ron Paul caught the CNN commentator in a lie.

Amy31416's idea is tops! We need to start right here with a list of republicans and/or conservatives who have taken pro liberty positions and ESPECIALLY anti war statements, since that's going to be THE anti Paul battleground in 2012. I know some people on this list have been our "enemies". And some may "flip flop" and continue to be so. But we have (in my opinion) two objectives. One is to support potential allies. The other is to provide "political cover" for fiscally conservative candidates who believe in a humble foreign policy. We should catalog every statement that's helpful, but perhaps rate the speakers by how consistent they have been in their help. For example, Michael Savage came out against both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars over a year ago, but he's still advocating war with Iran. He's useful for explaining to dumb downed neocons that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been disastrous in this country, but not quite an ally.

Ann Coulter - Backed Michael Steele's anti war comments.

Pat Buchannan - Long against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

David Stockman - Came out against the wars recently

Michael Savage - Against the war in Afghanistan and has called the war in Iraq "potentially the biggest foreign policy disaster in U.S. history".

Newt Gingrich - Said the war in Afghanistan "likely isn't going to end well". (He could have just been saying "Obama isn't fighting it hard enough.")

Walter Jones - Once so mad ad France for opposing the Iraq war that he wanted "French fries" called "Freedom fries", but later turned against the Iraq war.

John Duncan (Republican congressman from TN :)) - The only republican other than Ron Paul to have voted against the Iraq war and kept he seat. He also voted against the troop surge.

There are many more. I know I've forgotten some myself. Let's list as many as we can in this thread.

reduen
11-12-2010, 09:15 AM
great idea...!!!

amy31416
11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Amy31416's idea is tops! We need to start right here with a list of republicans and/or conservatives who have taken pro liberty positions and ESPECIALLY anti war statements, since that's going to be THE anti Paul battleground in 2012. I know some people on this list have been our "enemies". And some may "flip flop" and continue to be so. But we have (in my opinion) two objectives. One is to support potential allies. The other is to provide "political cover" for fiscally conservative candidates who believe in a humble foreign policy. We should catalog every statement that's helpful, but perhaps rate the speakers by how consistent they have been in their help. For example, Michael Savage came out against both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars over a year ago, but he's still advocating war with Iran. He's useful for explaining to dumb downed neocons that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been disastrous in this country, but not quite an ally.

Ann Coulter - Backed Michael Steele's anti war comments.

Pat Buchannan - Long against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

David Stockman - Came out against the wars recently

Michael Savage - Against the war in Afghanistan and has called the war in Iraq "potentially the biggest foreign policy disaster in U.S. history".

Newt Gingrich - Said the war in Afghanistan "likely isn't going to end well". (He could have just been saying "Obama isn't fighting it hard enough.")

Walter Jones - Once so mad ad France for opposing the Iraq war that he wanted "French fries" called "Freedom fries", but later turned against the Iraq war.

John Duncan (Republican congressman from TN :)) - The only republican other than Ron Paul to have voted against the Iraq war and kept he seat. He also voted against the troop surge.

There are many more. I know I've forgotten some myself. Let's list as many as we can in this thread.

Thanks. :) The list will cause some serious "debate" around here, that's for sure, but if we can keep it to the **most important** topics at hand: Foreign Policy & Fiscal Conservatism, we can weather it.

I'll admit that I bristled at Newt Gingrich, but if we highlight the good things they've said in support of these two very important (and interconnected) issues, we also make it easier to hold their feet to the fire when and if they go back on what they've said.

We could feature (and popularize) our foreign policy/fiscal conservatism sentiments through their own words, while keeping the personal/emotional business to a minimum, I hope.

The only caveat is the appearance of promoting some of these individuals, who are obviously not "friends" in almost every other way. It'd have to be obvious that we don't endorse other aspects of their actions/words.

I think it could work. And it helps build from the foundation that Ron Paul's been trying to set for the GOP.

LibertyMage
11-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Never give praise to a politician unless you are 100% certain they are in your camp. You will be vastly more successful beating on them when they act stupid.

jmdrake
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Never give praise to a politician unless you are 100% certain they are in your camp. You will be vastly more successful beating on them when they act stupid.

I prefer the Ron Paul approach. Give limited praise to other politicians even if they aren't fully in your "camp" for the specific good that they do. That helps to move your own agenda forward and potentially bring them to your camp. I already posted a link of Ron giving limited praise to Michael Steele. Here is Ron praising Dennis Kucinich for his foreign policy position and going on to say that DK is a good friend of his.

YouTube - Ron Paul talks about Dennis Kucinich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJcnoDfFWhM)

All could do themselves and this movement good by reading books like "How to win friends and influence people" and "The 7 habits of highly effective people". Everything is all about scorched earth politics.

Aratus
11-12-2010, 10:43 AM
karl rove has his dastardly moments...

Deborah K
11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't support Steele. I think it's time to move on. I can't remember the exact quote but a few years back he made reference to the Constitution being irrelevant. That did it for me. Didn't much like his remarks after the debate either.

Imperial
11-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Saul Anuzis, the infamous Michigan GOP chair, just officially threw his hat into the ring...

libertythor
11-12-2010, 02:58 PM
bump

speciallyblend
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Youd have to ask him Doodahs. I personally think he redeemed himself @ CPAC 2010. He also had lots of praise for RP on national tv. But you never know what was said between him and Ron Paul in private. Since the good Doc had a lot of praise for him recently

well maybe steele should say a lil more in public about the liberty movement and call out republicans instead of obama!

I just keep hearing in my head ron paul is finished by steele!! I view steele as gop establishment!

sucking up to the gop establishment is not a good way to gain credibility in the liberty movement!!

I expect more from steele in the public domain! I am not sure what it would take to trust the guy anymore but it is not like any other candidate is worth a dam in the rnc let alone the leaders of the gop!!

speciallyblend
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't support Steele. I think it's time to move on. I can't remember the exact quote but a few years back he made reference to the Constitution being irrelevant. That did it for me. Didn't much like his remarks after the debate either.

sad part is i haven't heard of any worthy candidates for RNC chair???

Theocrat
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM

YouTube - Taking a trip down Memory Lane- Post GOP Debate coverage Fox News Style Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_n1BFKhk8)

But...

YouTube - Ron Paul CPAC 2010 and his new fan Michael Steele (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwl-XfTd3CI)

Deborah K
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Okay, fair enough Theo. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Kludge
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I guess, as far as swaying and supporting a talking head in the media, I'd rather have a black man with no sway outside the media than a white woman with no sway outside the media. Steele's voice is far more pleasant to listen to than Palin's, anyway.

Not interested in the race unless someone particularly evil has a shot at winning - like Karl Rove.

gls
11-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I hope Steele loses. His constant use of the race card is an embarrassment to all Republicans. http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/12/steeles-race-talk-to-fall-on-deaf-ears/

Imaginos
11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Steele showed some reluctance to follow the orders from Military Industrial Complex with 100% obedience.
That alone, made Steele better than any other RNC chairman in past decades.
Plus he actually paid some homage to Ron Paul from this spring.
I was NOT a fan of Steele before but now I support him as a chairman of RNC for the reasons I stated above.

Tyr
11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I hope Steele loses. His constant use of the race card is an embarrassment to all Republicans. http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/12/steeles-race-talk-to-fall-on-deaf-ears/

Indeed.

Dripping Rain
11-14-2010, 03:46 PM
blimp 4 relevance

Dripping Rain
11-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Steele showed some reluctance to follow the orders from Military Industrial Complex with 100% obedience.
I was NOT a fan of Steele before but now I support him as a chairman of RNC for the reasons I stated above.

qft

libertythor
11-14-2010, 04:05 PM

QFT

I am not too pleased about his past use of the race card either, but he has been a lot better chairman than Mike Duncan. Keep Michael Steele!

LibertyMage
11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I prefer the Ron Paul approach. Give limited praise to other politicians even if they aren't fully in your "camp" for the specific good that they do. That helps to move your own agenda forward and potentially bring them to your camp. I already posted a link of Ron giving limited praise to Michael Steele. Here is Ron praising Dennis Kucinich for his foreign policy position and going on to say that DK is a good friend of his.

YouTube - Ron Paul talks about Dennis Kucinich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJcnoDfFWhM)

All could do themselves and this movement good by reading books like "How to win friends and influence people" and "The 7 habits of highly effective people". Everything is all about scorched earth politics.

Paul may be looking to build coalitions. That is one role politicians have to play. The voice of the public - which is our role - is much more effective when speaking out against an act. If you ever give positive press to someone they can turn around and use that as an endorsement forever. Coming from the public, praise usually backfires.

Imperial
11-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Not interested in the race unless someone particularly evil has a shot at winning - like Karl Rove.

Saul Anuzis, the Michigan GOP chair who wanted Ron Paul banned from the Republican primary debates, is in the running. Not evil, but certainly not a good situation for us.

libertythor
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Saul Anuzis, the Michigan GOP chair who wanted Ron Paul banned from the Republican primary debates, is in the running. Not evil, but certainly not a good situation for us.

There are even rumors that Mike Duncan may return as well.

MozoVote
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
This is like watching a Sith - on - Sith fight.

Hopefully the tea party groups will refuse to be "organized" or "integrated" with the GOP regardless of what goon is elected RNC chair.

jmdrake
11-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Paul may be looking to build coalitions.

Yes. Go and do though likewise.

That is one role politicians have to play. The voice of the public - which is our role - is much more effective when speaking out against an act.

I thought we were against collectivism? Why are you trying to define everybody else's "role"?

If you ever give positive press to someone they can turn around and use that as an endorsement forever. Coming from the public, praise usually backfires.

Sure. They can play that game. But then they become just as constrained. It would be great for Michael Steele to be beholden to the Liberty movement.