PDA

View Full Version : The debates

Elwar
11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Looks like the first debate was announced for Spring 2011 hosted by NBC and Politico.

What are your thoughts on anything we can do about the debates this year?

I do believe that if TVs were two-way, they would have had to shut down the debates last year from the amount of people screaming at their TVs.

How can we pack the crowds? Do we disrupt the debates if they start acting like they did in '08?

On an unrelated topic, I wonder how a TV antenna would handle a high powered transmitter getting pointed at it during a broadcast...(completely unrelated, just thinking about frequency waves and such...not some FCC violations or anything)

Deborah K
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Good questions. I'd be interested in knowing how they choose their audiences. How do we find that out?

Imperial
11-11-2010, 09:11 PM
The two media outlets will work with the Reagan Foundation to decide the criteria for which candidates take part, Giller said.

We need to find out the criteria to make sure we can get Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in.

muzzled dogg
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
may 07 were the first debates

Romulus
11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Spring '11 is just around the corner! :)

I would suggest never interrupting the debates... just thunderous applause and vocal support at the proper time. :)

Tonewah
11-12-2010, 03:42 PM
The early '07 debates are one of the main things that awakened me to the fact that Ron Paul wasn't going to get a fair shake in '08. It made me want to do more, and work harder. When I saw Fox News attack him during the debates, it really turned me off to Fox News. I STILL don't watch the main Fox, and only recently began to watch Stossell or the Judge on FBC.

I think it's a great chance to pick up support, early. Having Johnson AND Paul to get each other's back would be AWESOME. The '07 debates really reminded me of a bunch of junior high punks (both moderating and on the stage) verbally attacking an adult, Dr. Paul. That's probably insulting to Jr. High kids, though. With another adult, like Gary Johnson, maybe they can chaperone the children and allow for a real intellectual debate.

Romulus
11-12-2010, 08:32 PM
The early '07 debates are one of the main things that awakened me to the fact that Ron Paul wasn't going to get a fair shake in '08. It made me want to do more, and work harder. When I saw Fox News attack him during the debates, it really turned me off to Fox News. I STILL don't watch the main Fox, and only recently began to watch Stossell or the Judge on FBC.

I think it's a great chance to pick up support, early. Having Johnson AND Paul to get each other's back would be AWESOME. The '07 debates really reminded me of a bunch of junior high punks (both moderating and on the stage) verbally attacking an adult, Dr. Paul. That's probably insulting to Jr. High kids, though. With another adult, like Gary Johnson, maybe they can chaperone the children and allow for a real intellectual debate.

Well said. +rep

Dripping Rain
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM
How can we pack the crowds? Do we disrupt the debates if they start acting like they did in '08?

Especially this a BIG FAT NO!!!
Please people I dont think we want to hear about any loud and obnoxious crazy Ron Paul people who do crazy things that turn off potential voters. The media loves this kind of stuff to marginalize us. This election we supporters should play the battered victim card. But Ron Paul should be tough in the debates, not us

Eric21ND
11-12-2010, 09:51 PM
We need to OWN those debate halls.