PDA

View Full Version : Is Rand Paul quickly becoming very powerful?

JohnEngland
11-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Since the election, I get the feeling that Rand is becoming quite influential. Some reasons:

1) He can handle the media with ease (something that most Republicans can't do)

2) He's becoming very popular with the conservative mainstream

3) He appeals to independent and reasonable people for his stance of cutting not only the welfare state but also the warfare state

4) He's planning on creating a Tea Party caucus

... and so on, I'm sure I've missed things out!

Anyway, here's a new article about Rand, from the DC:

http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/11/rand-paul-looking-to-make-d-c-splash-with-senate-tea-party-caucus/

Sola_Fide
11-11-2010, 06:28 AM
The Tea Parties are shaping the debate...there is no doubt that we are bringing pressure to Washington.

I am really proud that we Kentuckian Tea Partiers gave the country Rand Paul!

Dripping Rain
11-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Michelle Bachmann stole Rands Tea Party Caucus idea. though she was gracious enough to send him a foot note thanks for the idea on her twitter lol.
I think Rand's idea of forming another tea party caucus that includes both US Senate and House members is not only a fantastic idea but it shows how Rand isnt going to allow his ideas to be co-opted. Imagine a US Congress caucus that includes both Rand and Ron Paul. im having a Rongasm just at the thought of it :D

radiofriendly
11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Michelle Bachmann stole Rands Tea Party Caucus idea. though she was gracious enough to send him a foot note thanks for the idea on her twitter lol.
I think Rand's idea of forming another tea party caucus that includes both US Senate and House members is not only a fantastic idea but it shows how Rand isnt going to allow his ideas to be co-opted. Imagine a US Congress caucus that includes both Rand and Ron Paul. im having a Rongasm just at the thought of it :D

To be fair, Bachmann floated the idea first (pretty sure):
"Over the summer, Bachmann founded the Tea Party Caucus on Capitol Hill and is a darling of the conservative movement"

http://www.minnpost.com/derekwallbank/2010/11/01/22914/bachmann_plans_to_lead_constitutional_conservative s_in_the_house

teacherone
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM
is it just the forum's influence?-- or is Rand really getting that much more media attention than any other "tea partier"?

Eroberer
11-11-2010, 08:54 AM
The media wants to discredit Rand before he becomes too influential. If the media does not succeed and Rand becomes powerful, his endorsement of his father will be all the more convincing. However, many people probably think that he'd endorse his father for the very reason that he is family. Maybe they want to paint him negatively so that other senators would not be willing to work with him.

CheezItsRule
11-11-2010, 08:58 AM
i am really proud that we kentuckian tea partiers gave the country rand paul!

thank you!!!!

sailingaway
11-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Yeah, I'm surprised Daily Caller didn't mention that it had been Rand's idea on the campaign trail as well. I also noticed that Ron didn't join Michelle's. I thought that was a bit out of line of her, since obviously Ron was waiting for Rand to do it. But that is 'politics' whether on Capital Hill or in a corporation. There is always someone there to take credit for the good ideas and to try to steal them....

We have points in common with MB, but that move frankly pissed me off.

MsDoodahs
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
is it just the forum's influence?-- or is Rand really getting that much more media attention than any other "tea partier"?

He's really getting that much more media attention than any other "tea partier."

sailingaway
11-11-2010, 09:07 AM
He's really getting that much more media attention than any other "tea partier."

Except Rubio wh isn't really tea party and is being pushed by the establishment. But Rand's attention is spontaneous.

itshappening
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Bachmann is a shameless self promoter and careerist

She founded the Tea Party caucus right after Rand suggested it in national review article

She has since tried to grab a leadership position in the Republican party which has thankfully failed

specsaregood
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM

Yes he is, but lets not mistake "attention" for being "powerful". He has not gotten powerful.

sailingaway
11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes he is, but lets not mistake "attention" for being "powerful". He has not gotten powerful.

Right. He has power in the sense that he is seen as a more true voice of current unrest in the country than the plasticine politicians. But that is only an opportunity.

dude58677
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM

Attention is power. It is his father that inspired the Tea Party movement which took more seats in State Legislatures since 1928 and 60 seats were gained since 1938. This along with the fact that State Nullfication has been becoming more frequent. Lew Rockwell's website is more popular than Glenn Becks, Sean Hannity's, and Bill O'Reilly's according to Alexa. Rand and Ron have made Obamacare widely unpopular with their medical backgorunds. The Federal Reserve is part of mainstream discussion. Irwin Schiff is seen as a hero. This website is more popular than Quatloos which is a leftist website that promotes people going to jail for not paying taxes.

Does Rand Paul infleuence politics? That is a HUGE understatment.

November 2, 2010 and December 16, 2007 will go down in history as the darkest days in the history of progressivism and it already is.