PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Carlson sent fake ‘Olbermann’ emails to Philly columnist[

purplechoe
11-11-2010, 05:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101109/cm_yblog_upshot/fake-olbermann-emails-sent-to-philly-columnist

Carlson sent fake ‘Olbermann’ emails to Philly columnist
By Michael Calderone michael Calderone Tue Nov 9, 3:58 pm ET

http://mit.zenfs.com/5/2010/11/olbyoreilly.jpg

Olbermann didn't send emails

Tucker Carlson boasted in July that his site, the Daily Caller, had bought the domain name for liberal MSNBC host Keith Olbermann. Carlson, a conservative journalist and pundit, even said he would start using the email address keith@keitholbermann.com as a gag.

So it was interesting to see that Olbermann allegedly sent some angry emails to the Philadelphia Daily News' Stu Bykofsky using the email address keith@keitholbermann.com.

Phawker.com, which published the exchange, claimed it was "guaranteed 100% for real."And Bykofsky later confirmed to media industry watcher Jim Romenesko that he was writing to keith@keitholbermann.com, which he believed to be Olbermann...

...In the email exchange, "Olbermann" rails against MSNBC President Phil Griffin, who recently suspended and subsequently reinstated the host over a violation of network rules against giving to political candidates.

"As I've said publicly before, Phil Griffin is not my boss (thank god), nor is he intellectually qualified to be," the fake Olbermann wrote. "Phil pretends otherwise in public. I'm not his shrink, but I assume it makes him feel better. The remarkable thing is that fools like you believe his fantasies. That pleases Phil, but only exposes your ignorance. The proof? I'll be anchoring on election night 2012, long after Phil Griffin has moved on to a job for which he's actually qualified, perhaps on QVC."

Later, "Olbermann" wrote that he "could have Phil Griffin fired tomorrow if I felt like it, trust me."

Carlson, reached by phone Tuesday night, confirmed he impersonated Olbermann in the email responses to Bykofsky.

"Could you resist?" Carlson said. "It was just too funny. The flesh is weak."

Bern
11-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Integrity. Not sure he has it.

purplechoe
11-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Integrity. Not sure he has it.

Olbermann or Carlson?

Bern
11-11-2010, 07:29 AM
lol... With Olbermann, it's not a question.

I was referring to Carlson. Impersonating Olbermann was not a very ethical or professional thing to do for someone in the media.

dean.engelhardt
11-11-2010, 07:31 AM
I used to like Tucker. Why throw away credibility?

purplechoe
11-11-2010, 07:37 AM
lol... With Olbermann, it's not a question.

I was referring to Carlson. Impersonating Olbermann was not a very ethical or professional thing to do for someone in the media.

Olbermann, Hannity, O'Reilly, Matthews, Beck, O'Donnell, Spitzer, etc... all professionals... :D ;) :confused: :eek: :(

MRoCkEd
11-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Funny, but stupid

Valli6
11-11-2010, 08:52 AM
I dislike Olberman too, but Tucker has become obsessed with the guy! His daily pre-occupation with him is a little psychotic.