PDA

View Full Version : !!ATTENTION!! Time for CLASS! (MIKE BADNARIK'S!!)

ValidusCustodiae
10-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Seriously, those of you that love Ron Paul and purport to love the Constitution should watch this series of videos if you have not already. It is absolutely vital information and if you truly love liberty you will find yourself watching it over and over.

In fact, after suggesting it to you now, I'm going to watch it again.
(BTW I really hope Ron Paul picks Badnarik for VP! :D)

Michael Badnarik's CONSTITUTION CLASS! (sorry, no youtube, have to live with googlevideo)

PART 1: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8321747074978323622&q
PART 2: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4870224407360952135
PART 3: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8018874590848634400
PART 4: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1980674934527237459
PART 5: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5509747643152392910
PART 6: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3601271545224839349
PART 7: h ttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5824859883322263421

ValidusCustodiae
10-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Why not go to it one more time to up the view count =c) More people definitely need to see this, don't you agree?

SouthernGuy15
10-20-2007, 04:06 AM
Badnarik was an awesome candidate. Also, he was an expert on the constitution!

ValidusCustodiae
10-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Watch. And post your thoughts! So it gets bumped.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
I started watching these after I heard about them on Adam Curry's podcast. Good stuff indeed!

Ninja Homer
10-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Also available here:

http://www.archive.org/details/Michael_Badnarik

I don't know if the quality is any better or not, but I would guess the mp4's are, and they're available for download.

10thAmendmentMan
10-20-2007, 08:36 AM
I watched this a few months ago. About a third of it is pretty insightful and very interesting, another third is not terribly surprising, and the remaining third is just craziness and sometimes wrong. So read up on what he talks about; do not just take his word on everything.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 08:38 AM
I watched this a few months ago. About a third of it is pretty insightful and very interesting, another third is not terribly surprising, and the remaining third is just craziness and sometimes wrong. So read up on what he talks about; do not just take his word on everything.

Yes, agreed. I've only seen the first episode and already there are some flaws with his theories.

torchbearer
10-20-2007, 08:39 AM
We should comment on Curry.com .

Bradley in DC
10-20-2007, 08:40 AM
While we welcome Badnarik's support for Dr. Paul, do not confuse that with Dr. Paul's endorsement of Badnarik's views. With all due respect, Badnarik was a joke candidate with no electability because the "self-taught Constitutional scholar" was completely unqualified to be president.

Yes, I voted for Dr. Paul and 1988 and Browne both times.

torchbearer
10-20-2007, 08:50 AM
While we welcome Badnarik's support for Dr. Paul, do not confuse that with Dr. Paul's endorsement of Badnarik's views. With all due respect, Badnarik was a joke candidate with no electability because the "self-taught Constitutional scholar" was completely unqualified to be president.

Yes, I voted for Dr. Paul and 1988 and Browne both times.

Gary Nolan was the best candidate last election, somehow, Badnarik killed them in the debate and won as a dark heart that appealed to the anarchist as some moderate libertarians.

I just learned about the liberty dollar from this class, i think it's a great idea... but if i have liberty dollars, i really don't want to negotiate with someone who has reserve notes.... so I'm limited in my transactions, not because people wouldn't take it, but because i don't want to loose my fortune through inflation.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 09:03 AM
I just learned about the liberty dollar from this class, i think it's a great idea... but if i have liberty dollars, i really don't want to negotiate with someone who has reserve notes.... so I'm limited in my transactions, not because people wouldn't take it, but because i don't want to loose my fortune through inflation.

I've been an LD supporter for about 6 years now. Became an Associate about 2 years ago. Welcome!

hutch
10-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Thank you for posting this Validius. The videos are very interesting and also got me to look at The Money Masters video that he mentions toward the end. Very eye opening.

10thAmendmantMan and DrNoZone, would you mind sharing some points of disagreement or pointing to some sources? My interest especially in the Fed has been piqued.

SWATH
10-20-2007, 11:51 PM
What specifically was wrong in his presentation? He kind of lost me there when he was taking about how being an American citizen was being subservient to congress because the status of citizen was created by congress and is therefore inferior to simply an American person. Is this one of those things?

richard1984
10-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I've watched these videos more than once.

I am VERY interested in what he has to say about gun licenses and (especially) marriage licenses (see the first part of video 2 for more information). These are both very practical matters that could completely change the future of our country.

Beyond these comments, I choose not to response, though, for I am very ignorant (and curious).

If these videos aren't the best Constitution videos, then WHAT ARE/IS THE BEST?!?!?!?!

PLEASE HELP ME/US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have incredibly curious, but also incredibly poor....

foofighter20x
10-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I watched and posted this months ago. :)

While I like what Badnarik taught, he kind of sporadically donned his tin-foil hat during the lecture, which was a bit of a turn-off.

Richandler
10-21-2007, 12:19 AM
I've watched these videos more than once.

I am VERY interested in what he has to say about gun licenses and (especially) marriage licenses (see the first part of video 2 for more information). These are both very practical matters that could completely change the future of our country.

Beyond these comments, I choose not to response, though, for I am very ignorant (and curious).

If these videos aren't the best Constitution videos, then WHAT ARE/IS THE BEST?!?!?!?!

PLEASE HELP ME/US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have incredibly curious, but also incredibly poor....

What he talks about with cars and the titles and land ownership are very revealing too. I just wish such information would be more regularly available. There are a lot of things in the videos that seem truly mind-blowing. However I think a shorter version of the lecture needs to be done. It's like a frikin marathon to watch. Most pople I try to get to watch it just shudder at the thought of near 7 hours. I think he also skips some important points here and there.

ValidusCustodiae
10-21-2007, 02:09 AM
IF Badnarik is wrong, what about? I want to talk about it instead of all these vague references.

Malakai0
10-21-2007, 02:26 AM
I enjoyed the class a lot, I skipped the end of part 5 and the first part of part 6 so I could watch the part on the fed early with my friend.

The concept of rights being a result of property ownership were completely new to me (in such a clear and precise sense anyway), I enjoyed it deeply.

I love his idea's of using silver and gold coins in daily life, but yeah if I get gold and silver I'm going to keep them. At the time he made these video's the dollar might not have been plummeting quite as fast as now.

I voted for him too ^^.
Any intelligent constitutionalist > what we've had for 50 years. I wouldn't mind someone who overdoes (in some people's opinion) his interpretation of the constitution.
a) I happen to think it's a beautiful idea to work towards re achieving, though obviously would require massive transition like Ron advotes
b) He would be limited greatly by congress, but the clear and interesting way he explains things could help americans re acquire respect and awareness to their rights, and the immorality of the way the US government taxes the people.

I still think Ron is a much much better candidate due to his massive experience with government and libertarian/conservative idea's, plus his special way of igniting passion in those who had none. But at the time there was no Ron Paul to vote for!

I'm also a fan of NORFED/liberty dollars. They make some kickass Ron Paul coins that I saw on ebay, and real money is sweet and shiny. Mmm silver....

ValidusCustodiae
10-21-2007, 02:29 AM
I was thinking he would make a great vice president for Dr. Ron.

foofighter20x
10-21-2007, 03:51 AM
I was thinking he would make a great vice president for Dr. Ron.

1. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched (i.e. mark-to-market accounting: what got Enron into trouble).

2. If we want out "revolution" to continue past a Paul administration, you need a Veep that has their own independent political experience; just being Veep does not qualify someone to be President. This is why we need someone like Mark Sanford, Gary Johnson, or Sarah Palin. They each have a political resumé that includes executive experience and will make them a natural candidate for Pres after a Paul administration. Someone like Badnarik, WHO HAS NEVER HELD A POLITICAL OFFICE, would be disregarded by the media at face value as unqualified.

Mandrik
10-22-2007, 10:39 PM
I started watching these after I heard about them on Adam Curry's podcast. Good stuff indeed!

Same here. Currently watching part 7. This is really eye opening stuff!

mport1
10-22-2007, 10:52 PM
This is a must watch for everybody. I don't agree with everything, but it is really good.

Michael Badnarik made me into a libertarian and also introduced me to Ron Paul :)

Bluedevil
10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Thought the first two were good, maybe it was at that point I started getting really annoyed at how he asked himself questions and answered them...NOOOO

torchbearer
10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Also- If you like this video series, Michael Badnarik has a book out called "It's Good to Be King". If you've seen the videos, you know what he is talking about.
You can find it at amazon. A must for any library.

mport1
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Also- If you like this video series, Michael Badnarik has a book out called "It's Good to Be King". If you've seen the videos, you know what he is talking about.
You can find it at amazon. A must for any library.

Yeah, its a good read and is probably pretty cheap now. The binding of the book sucks though and falls apart easily.

Also, would anybody care to point out some of the things you thought he got wrong because I'd be interested to hear them.

torchbearer
10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, its a good read and is probably pretty cheap now. The binding of the book sucks though and falls apart easily.

Also, would anybody care to point out some of the things you thought he got wrong because I'd be interested to hear them.

The only thing I see as a point to consider is... are property rights absolute. Can I pile up trash in my front yard to the point that my neighbors houses value falls because no one wants to live near me.... I've always been kinda on the cusp on that one.

ConstitutionGal
10-22-2007, 11:06 PM
As much I as liked Mr. Badnarik's series, he does get a few points incorrect here and there. Nothing really drastic, just seems a bit of a spin on a few things. For anyone interested in delving deeper, I would highly suggest Mr. Michael Peroutka's Institution on the Constitution available here http://www.instituteontheconstitution.com/

Also, The Money Masters (avaialbe at video.google.com) is a REAL eye opener. Although 3 1/2 hours long, I can guarantee that the time will FLY and you'll want to watch it over and over again. We downloaded it and have shared it with several very knowledgeable and political savvy friends who now sing its praises.

ConstitutionGal
10-22-2007, 11:11 PM
The only thing I see as a point to consider is... are property rights absolute. Can I pile up trash in my front yard to the point that my neighbors houses value falls because no one wants to live near me.... I've always been kinda on the cusp on that one.

At that point your neighbor would have two options, either clean up the trash himself or take you to civil court and prove that your mess is actaully causing him harm. In either case, the government is out of it. The other possible scenario is a home-owners association which you voluntarily sign when purchasing a property/home. Even under those, however, the remedy is only in civil court. Current zoning regulations are in the hands of government and are, therefore, a violation of private property rights. As Mr. Badnarik points out, if you must get permission (ie a permit or license) to do something, it has been regulated from a right to a priviledge. Free people have rights...serfs are granted privledges.

mport1
10-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Also, how about his contract analogy? If you agree to paint the house his dog sleeps in for $20 or whatever it was and the guy tells you that his dog sleeps in his mansion, is it some sort of fraud or something for setting unclear contract terms? It seems like taking contracts out to that degree could have some bad consequences.

Malakai0
10-23-2007, 02:37 AM
The Moneymasters is amazing. Badnarik's class is great for the basics and theory, Moneymasters explains the history of private central banking vs debt free government paper currency or a commodity based system not controlled by bankers.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

The key issue isn't what we use as currency, it's who creates and maintains the currency, and whether we are indebted to private banks by it.

Every Ron Paul supporter should watch it for the truth about the battle over who issues money throughout history.

DJ RP
10-23-2007, 04:09 PM
The Moneymasters is amazing. Badnarik's class is great for the basics and theory, Moneymasters explains the history of private central banking vs debt free government paper currency or a commodity based system not controlled by bankers.

The key issue isn't what we use as currency, it's who creates and maintains the currency, and whether we are indebted to private banks by it.

Every Ron Paul supporter should watch it for the truth about the battle over who issues money throughout history.

One thing I'm confused about is ron paul advocates a currency backed by a commodity (gold or silver?) but the money masters concludes that that is corrupt and a paper currency works fine if it's not private????

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 04:15 PM

The Money Masters is riddled with factual errors. The goals of it are not Dr. Paul's goals; they are incompatible. View the Mises money video for better info. Or read Dr. Paul's books available free online.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-466210540567002553

http://www.mises.org/books/goldpeace.pdf

http://www.mises.org/books/caseforgold.pdf

http://www.mises.org/books/paulmises.pdf

http://www.dailypaul.com/freedom-under-siege/Freedom-Under-Siege-complete.pdf