PDA

View Full Version : Now flight attendants complain about TSA groping

Anti Federalist
11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Flight attendants union upset over new pat-down procedures

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/lifestyle/travel/flight-attendants-union-upset-over-new-pat-down-procedures

PHOENIX - A flight attendants union with 2,000 members is upset over what it calls "invasive pat-downs" recently implemented by the TSA.

"We're getting calls daily about peoples' experiences, our members are concerned," said Deborah Volpe, Vice President of the Association of Flight Attendants Local 66.

Volpe confirmed that the union is offering advice to its flight attendants, who mostly work for Tempe-based USAirways, involving the security moves.

According to a union email obtained by ABC15, it tells flight attendants if they opt out of using the body scanner through security and are required to undergo a pat-down to ask the pat-down be conducted in a private area with a witness.

"We don't want them in uniform going through this enhanced screening where their private areas are being touched in public," said Volpe. "They actually make contact with the genital area."

KCIndy
11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
From the article:

Volpe said she has been a flight attendant for nearly 25 years and she and other union leaders are pushing for a "crew pass" system that would allow flight attendants and pilots to essentially by-pass security.

Wow. Nice of 'em to stick up for everybody and not just themselves! :rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
From the article:

In the US Airline business... Customers come last!

If you can function without flying... boycott TSA, US Airlines, DHS and the Tyranny.

A great big Middle Finger to the establishment BS.

nate895
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
From the article:

Seriously. If the employees' unions for airlines started striking over this, TSA would give it up in a matter of days, if not hours, lest the economy come to a grinding halt.

speciallyblend
11-10-2010, 10:59 PM
From the article:

that is what i was thinking screw the flight attentants, thay should be spanked and water boarded:)

speciallyblend
11-10-2010, 11:00 PM
In the US Airline business... Customers come last!

If you can function without flying... boycott TSA, US Airlines, DHS and the Tyranny.

A great big Middle Finger to the establishment BS.

so poor i have to boycott:)

Dripping Rain
11-10-2010, 11:24 PM
TSA gangstaz YEAH NI**A!!!
YouTube - TSA Gangstaz by Zach Selwyn and Eli Braden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7AWw7t5zj0)

tangent4ronpaul
11-11-2010, 12:03 AM
so these JBT's that are groping genitals for our "safety" are now groping the genitals of pilots and flight crew - because, you know they might be concealing a nail cutter or other dangerous weapon... So these are the same people that said it would be a good idea to let pilots have guns in the cockpit - right?

-t

Anti Federalist
11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
so these JBT's that are groping genitals for our "safety" are now groping the genitals of pilots and flight crew - because, you know they might be concealing a nail cutter or other dangerous weapon... So these are the same people that said it would be a good idea to let pilots have guns in the cockpit - right?

-t

Not to mention, they're the freakin pilot!!!

If they wanted to kill everybody and crash the plane, they could, at any time.

squarepusher
11-11-2010, 12:21 AM
TSA, where they let no one escape humiliation

squarepusher
11-11-2010, 01:00 AM
they need to start shoving glass rods down everyones butt to prevent the next "butt bomber" i bet you could smuggle some terrorist weapons in there

HOLLYWOOD
11-11-2010, 01:39 AM
YouTube - Soul Plane - We Feds Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izl-3z8Gl6c)

Philhelm
11-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Not to mention, they're the freakin pilot!!!

If they wanted to kill everybody and crash the plane, they could, at any time.

That was the first thing I had thought when hearing about pilots complaining about TSA. These people must be fucking dumb as a sack of shit.

revolutionary8
11-11-2010, 01:59 AM
This is going to be super UNNN PC, but the new "bombs in breast implants" might have something to do with the backlash w/ the flight attendants.

KCindy has a point and is right on the money- as soon as a "plea bargain" is reached with the flight crew, then, well, it will be up to "their customers" to fight for their constitutional rights to escape molestation.

Promontorium
11-11-2010, 04:17 AM
They make an appeal that being groped in uniform is worse.

This latest development just makes me feel really bad as a person. All these people being assaulted under coercion. The argument for airline bailouts is that people need to fly to do their jobs. When it comes to the individual being coerced into giving up their privacy or to be assaulted, what, suddenly it's entirely voluntary? The government has figured out quite well that people will compromise their well-being in order to preserve their lives or the lives of loved ones. Push a man far enough, and he will kill for you. Push a woman far enough, and she will be your whore.

Way to go America, you bullies, you disgusting monsters, just rip that veil of reason and morality right off.

purplechoe
11-11-2010, 04:58 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/moz-screenshot-14-300x297.png

MelissaWV
11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
The "pass" idea makes sense in the context of the pilots' complaint (that they are exposed to way too much radiation by going through these things over... and over... and over... and over). It doesn't make sense to get a "no grope" pass on those grounds, though. They should put up a third offensive option: just come in to work naked, flight attendants, so we can see you have nothing to hide!

That's a favorite phrase, right? If you have done nothing wrong, why would you mind?!?!?

It would be nice if one of the many "child advocacy" groups out there would come forward amid this chatter about the groping vs. scanning, and talk about how they suggest parents avoid those airports like the plague. Be very graphic as to why.

Krugerrand
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
The "pass" idea makes sense in the context of the pilots' complaint (that they are exposed to way too much radiation by going through these things over... and over... and over... and over). It doesn't make sense to get a "no grope" pass on those grounds, though. They should put up a third offensive option: just come in to work naked, flight attendants, so we can see you have nothing to hide!

That's a favorite phrase, right? If you have done nothing wrong, why would you mind?!?!?

It would be nice if one of the many "child advocacy" groups out there would come forward amid this chatter about the groping vs. scanning, and talk about how they suggest parents avoid those airports like the plague. Be very graphic as to why.

spot on, as always.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't doubt for a milli-second that these TSA people aren't having fun with the naked scanner and the pat-downs when it comes to persons they find attractive (whatever type of person that may be). In the case of your average male, the female flight attendants would be a welcome relief to the monotony of their otherwise miserable jobs.

Philhelm
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Don't doubt for a milli-second that these TSA people aren't having fun with the naked scanner and the pat-downs when it comes to persons they find attractive (whatever type of person that may be). In the case of your average male, the female flight attendants would be a welcome relief to the monotony of their otherwise miserable jobs.

I don't doubt it for one second. Parents should be especially outraged when their teenage daughter is "randomly" chosen for inspection. From my end, I would be more than happy for a female TSA agent to give me a handjob, so long as it goes on her face at the end. Fucking bastards.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I don't doubt it for one second. Parents should be especially outraged when their teenage daughter is "randomly" chosen for inspection.

Is there anything random about it anymore? Aren't they making people choose between naked machine strip or going to third base with a TSA groper?

Icymudpuppy
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
So, I'm going cross country from WA to a conference in NC this winter.
............................PROS.................. ...........................CONS
Drive myself.........No hassles, unlimited gear............Fuel expenses, road fatigue

Amtrak.................No hassles, comfortable seats......expensive as air, takes too long

Bus (greyhound)..No hassles, cheap........................very uncomfortable, takes too long

fly........................fast, reasonable cost.....................TSA security BS, uncomfortable.

UPS ground.........Very cheap.....................................5 to 7 days in a boxed up crate...

Decisions, Decisions...

MelissaWV
11-11-2010, 11:51 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe your pat-down is done by someone of the same gender. Of course, I haven't heard any such assurances about who's manning the computer screen, and it would not make sense to swap out employees for nearly every person that walks through (males for males, females for females, etc.).

jrskblx125
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I got groped. Funny thing is they put me through the machine. Saw my pocket knife in said machine. Guy groper says theres something metal in my pocket. I pull out my wallet. He opens it and literally looks through it. Bends it etc. Pats me down without even touching my front pockets. Like deliberately avoiding them. I carried my small swiss army knife on. Good to see theyre keeping us safe. And i have the knife for work purposes and forgot it was in my pocket.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe your pat-down is done by someone of the same gender. Of course, I haven't heard any such assurances about who's manning the computer screen, and it would not make sense to swap out employees for nearly every person that walks through (males for males, females for females, etc.).

Seems like every time I get a pat-down at events (concerts, games) it's from a female. Even the same-sex thing doesn't help. How do we know the groper isn't LGBT? :eek: ;) Rumor has it that government employee databases have seven options for gender...

Anti Federalist
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
That was the first thing I had thought when hearing about pilots complaining about TSA. These people must be fucking dumb as a sack of shit.

Nobody could be that dumb.

It isn't about TSA being dumbasses, they know exactly what they are doing.

Pushing the American people as far as they can, to see what we will tolerate and how many hoops we will jump through.

And sadly, as usual, my fellow pussified, feminized, thumb sucking Americunts have proven, once again, that they will comply with pretty much anything that gooferment demands of them, just so long as there's a spiffy uniform and tin badge involved.

The day is soon coming when somebody tries to blow something up with explosives hidden in a body cavity.

People will then dutifully submit to anal and vaginal cavity searches.

Parents will stand idly by with stuporous glazed eyes, meekly submitting their eight year old daughters to vaginal probing by some sweating government goon.

Philhelm
11-14-2010, 02:26 AM

Pushing the American people as far as they can, to see what we will tolerate and how many hoops we will jump through.

And sadly, as usual, my fellow pussified, feminized, thumb sucking Americunts have proven, once again, that they will comply with pretty much anything that gooferment demands of them, just so long as there's a spiffy uniform and tin badge involved.

The day is soon coming when somebody tries to blow something up with explosives hidden in a body cavity.

People will then dutifully submit to anal and vaginal cavity searches.

Parents will stand idly by with stuporous glazed eyes, meekly submitting their eight year old daughters to vaginal probing by some sweating government goon.

You're right. However, when the vagina bomber strikes (at the behest of the CIA), I think I'll send my application to TSA.

Pauls' Revere
11-14-2010, 02:36 AM
So, I'm going cross country from WA to a conference in NC this winter.
............................PROS.................. ...........................CONS
Drive myself.........No hassles, unlimited gear............Fuel expenses, road fatigue

Amtrak.................No hassles, comfortable seats......expensive as air, takes too long

Bus (greyhound)..No hassles, cheap........................very uncomfortable, takes too long

fly........................fast, reasonable cost.....................TSA security BS, uncomfortable.

UPS ground.........Very cheap.....................................5 to 7 days in a boxed up crate...

Decisions, Decisions...

I see a business opportunity here, anyone should start shuttling people around in a limo service, or private planes.

MelissaWV
11-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Seems like every time I get a pat-down at events (concerts, games) it's from a female. Even the same-sex thing doesn't help. How do we know the groper isn't LGBT? :eek: ;) Rumor has it that government employee databases have seven options for gender...

My post was meant to address stupidity like ...

You're right. However, when the vagina bomber strikes (at the behest of the CIA), I think I'll send my application to TSA.

You won't be probing ladies. You'll be slapping on the rubber glove and taking a totally different route.

Also, Brian, most folks don't like groping people against their will --- LGBT or otherwise. It's a power trip, and it's humiliating for the person being groped/probed. I shudder at the kind of person who'd be attracted to that "perk" of the job.

tangent4ronpaul
11-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Actually, having too high of an IQ is an automatic dis qualifier for being a cop. Not having enough of an IQ, and an inferiority complex makes you an automatic candidate for being a security guard... (not qualified to be a cop)

Just saying....

-t

w2992
11-14-2010, 10:00 AM
I would do that job for free! If I just did the pretty women.

No seriously just use Ron Pauls Idea. The airlines should provide their own security. Start flying from your local airports.

qh4dotcom
11-14-2010, 10:00 AM
All of this TSA groping is disgusting but look at the bright side....folks who voted for Obama aren't exempt from the groping....no need to feel sorry about them being molested by the TSA