PDA

View Full Version : On Limbaugh’s Show, Bush Acknowledges That Limbaugh And His Comrades Killed Immigrati

Agorism
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
On Limbaugh’s Show, Bush Acknowledges That Limbaugh And His Comrades Killed Immigration Reform

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/10/bush-limbaugh-immigration

USH: What was the objective of that legislation? What were you trying to accomplish with your comprehensive immigration reform because many people thought it was amnesty and that he they opposed it.

PRESIDENT BUSH: No, I know, and that’s what happens a lot of times these issues get labeled and people react poorly. I couldn’t have said it more plainly: I was against amnesty. I don’t know many people who were for amnesty when it comes time for comprehensive reform. … I was trying to basically recognize that our economy required immigrants to work. I mean, there’s a lot of jobs Americans won’t do and therefore there needed to be an orderly, legal way for people to come and work on a temporary basis and that if you’d paid your taxes and had been here for a while and were a good citizen you had a chance to become a citizen, but you had to get at the back of the line.