PDA

View Full Version : "Audit Of The Fed Has Nothing To Do With Spending" - Sen Bob Corker (R-TN)

Matt Collins
11-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) was on the radio today prior to some of his townhall meetings and said that "an audit of the Federal Reserve has nothing to do with spending".

Listen to the short interview here:
http://tncampaignforliberty.org/misc/SenCorker-Audit_Of_Fed_Has_Nothing_To_Do_With_Spending.mp3

If you disapprove of Senator Corker's statement and want to share your feelings with the Senator, drop his Chief of Staff an e-mail at the following address: Todd_Womack@corker.senate.gov

Matt Collins
11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
YouTube - Independant federal reserve system to Bob Corker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkFzqq7Rbmo)
YouTube - Bob Corker to Bernanke: Please, no audits at the Federal Reserve. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mH2euK_d4)

Sola_Fide
11-10-2010, 03:08 PM
YouTube - Independant federal reserve system to Bob Corker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkFzqq7Rbmo)
YouTube - Bob Corker to Bernanke: Please, no audits at the Federal Reserve. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mH2euK_d4)

What a tool.

HOLLYWOOD
11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Corker, like Judd Gregg, and many others are on the "Friends of the FEDERAL RESERVE" VIP program.

Guaranteed current power now and wealth and riches in the afterlife of the US Senate.

That's why we call them Puppets & Prostitutes

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Someone should have crammed that mic down Corker's throat. Douchebag. :mad:

djdellisanti4
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Some people just don't get the damn connection.

Matt Collins
11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Some people just don't get the damn connection.
He gets the connection, but if you go to www.OpenSecrets.org you'll see his largest donor sector is the banking industry. Imagine that :rolleyes:

CableNewsJunkie
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Am I the only one that finds dark humor in this type of willful ignorance?

They don't even realize they're digging their own graves.

aclove
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I think they believe they're digging OUR graves, but that they themselves will be taken care of and immune when the collapse comes.

Humanae Libertas
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Time for him to go too.

FSP-Rebel
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Another repubic that needs to be crushed, figuratively of course.

tnvoter
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Blimp.

This is quite sad, and yes, time to find his replacement to support.

Matt Collins
11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Apparently there was some chanting of "End The Fed" at his Knoxville Town Hall Meeting today. I'm trying to get the audio / video for it.

itshappening
11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Bailout Bob has to go

MRoCkEd
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Corker is a prime target for a tea-party primary challenge.

Matt Collins
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Corker is a prime target for a tea-party primary challenge.I'm working on it ;)

malkusm
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
"I have closely analyzed and scrutinized Matt Collins' forum posts, and he is definitely considering running for the U.S. Senate." -- a very well known intellectual who shall for now remain nameless.

Matt Collins
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
"I have closely analyzed and scrutinized Matt Collins' forum posts, and he is definitely considering running for the U.S. Senate." -- a very well known intellectual who shall for now remain nameless.Not quite. I'm not old enough, and there is really only person out there who has a chance of beating Senator Corker. We just have to be able to convince him... more on that later :)

Sola_Fide
11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Not quite. I'm not old enough, and there is really only person out there who has a chance of beating Senator Corker. We just have to be able to convince him... more on that later :)

Fred Thompson?

Matt Collins
11-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Fred Thompson?
HA HA HA.... u a funny guy :p

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
All I see Corker saying is that he's doesn't want the politicians to be telling the Fed what to do in terms of setting interest rates. On the surface, who disagrees with that? Of course he is just using that to defend the status quo and the existing Fed. Certainly a system of competing currencies would not be "directed' by the Congress either. Has anyone called him on that?

JeremyDahl
11-11-2010, 11:53 AM
All I see Corker saying is that he's doesn't want the politicians to be telling the Fed what to do in terms of setting interest rates. On the surface, who disagrees with that? Of course he is just using that to defend the status quo and the existing Fed. Certainly a system of competing currencies would not be "directed' by the Congress either. Has anyone called him on that?

real questions for bob

Do you believe that the federal reserve system has worked, and is the most optimum economic system for the American government to be able to protect the live liberty and property of the people??? Yes or No?

Do you believe that Fiat money is a better system than a gold or commodity backed currency? Yes or No?

Do you believe debt is the optimum backing for a nations labor and legal tender? Yes or No?

Then follow up the argument wherever it leads

Matt Collins
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Exactly.

jmdrake
11-11-2010, 02:02 PM
It's funny. In the clip Corker admits that the recent federal reserve move is bad for the economy and leads to more private debt, but somehow he thinks it doesn't have anything to do with more public debt. What a moron.

tnvoter
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
real questions for bob

Do you believe that the federal reserve system has worked, and is the most optimum economic system for the American government to be able to protect the live liberty and property of the people??? Yes or No?

Do you believe that Fiat money is a better system than a gold or commodity backed currency? Yes or No?

Do you believe debt is the optimum backing for a nations labor and legal tender? Yes or No?

Then follow up the argument wherever it leads

Blimp

Matt Collins
11-12-2010, 01:27 AM
SEE THIS:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=268497