PDA

View Full Version : The Cost Of Government Is Just Too Damn High!

Matt Collins
11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-KM912_mcmill_G_20101019115123.jpg

heavenlyboy34
11-10-2010, 09:55 AM
lolz :)

TonySutton
11-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes but you know what? The cost of government is just too damn high!

Do you hear that? Do you hear that tax payer crying because they have no money left? I can hear them. You need to learn how to listen.

Matt Collins
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
If you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you!

furface
11-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Do you hear that tax payer crying because they have no money left? I can hear them. You need to learn how to listen.

The problem is that most taxpayers don't realize they're being taxed. The get a check from their employer and never bother to figure out that a minimum of 15% has been taken out for federal taxes. A lot of people rent and don't bother to figure out that a good 10 or 20% of their rent goes to pay property taxes and fees, with that number approaching 50% or more in places with high housing development fees. The cashier tells them to pay some money and they pay it, not ever realizing what it would be without the upwards of 10% or more in stales tax.

What's really interesting is the talk of people like Rand Paul saying we need a higher social security threshold age and perhaps medicare deductibles and means testing. The thinking is correct, but I wish the issue would be posed in terms of this is what you're giving up for military adventures, another 2 years of labor before you can retire. This is what you're giving up for federal bureaucrats retiring in their 40s and 50s, higher medical expenses, perhaps less quality of care.

What are we giving up for government in real terms? A trip to Europe every year? Not being able to pay for our children's college? Skipping a medical procedure that we might need? These are the ultimate taxes on people, giving up real goods and services in order to sustain a government that's out of control.

Kregisen
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
The problem is that most taxpayers don't realize they're being taxed. The get a check from their employer and never bother to figure out that a minimum of 15% has been taken out for federal taxes. A lot of people rent and don't bother to figure out that a good 10 or 20% of their rent goes to pay property taxes and fees, with that number approaching 50% or more in places with high housing development fees. The cashier tells them to pay some money and they pay it, not ever realizing what it would be without the upwards of 10% or more in stales tax.

What's really interesting is the talk of people like Rand Paul saying we need a higher social security threshold age and perhaps medicare deductibles and means testing. The thinking is correct, but I wish the issue would be posed in terms of this is what you're giving up for military adventures, another 2 years of labor before you can retire. This is what you're giving up for federal bureaucrats retiring in their 40s and 50s, higher medical expenses, perhaps less quality of care.

What are we giving up for government in real terms? A trip to Europe every year? Not being able to pay for our children's college? Skipping a medical procedure that we might need? These are the ultimate taxes on people, giving up real goods and services in order to sustain a government that's out of control.

Love it!