PDA

View Full Version : Palin disses the nanny state in Pennsylvania speech

Knightskye
11-10-2010, 12:18 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/09/palin-on-a-presidential-run-and-pushing-cookies/

Palin also denounced government intervention, bringing up a local example that she said caught her attention.

"I heard that there's a debate going on in Pennsylvania over whether public schools were going to ban sweets," Palin said.

So, Palin said, she decided to "shake things up," by bringing cookies to the school when she met with Plumstead students early in the day.

"I wanted these kids to bring home the idea to their parents for discussion. Who should be deciding what I eat? Should it be government or should it be parents? It should be the parents," Palin said to a cheering audience.

Palin has also been vocal on Twitter about her opposition to the proposed ban on sugary foods.

Before meeting with the students, Palin tweeted, "2 PA school speech; I'll intro kids 2 beauty of laissez-faire via serving them cookies amidst school cookie ban debate;Nanny state run amok!"

She's also taking on the Fed. :D

If only her foreign policy made sense. :rolleyes:

BuddyRey
11-10-2010, 12:34 AM
So why does she still support the Drug War?

low preference guy
11-10-2010, 12:40 AM

probably because she doesn't want to lose her base. she calls for making it a low enforcement priority.

libertythor
11-10-2010, 12:41 AM

That is why I am still just watching her. Right now I neither support nor oppose her because of the way she has been backing such a diverse group of GOP candidates.

I am pissed because she backed Carly Fiorina over Tom Campbell in CA, but I like her for backing Rand Paul and Joe Miller.

Let's remain in "wait and see" mode with her until this next Congress is inaugurated. Then we will know for sure based on the way she comments on the performance of individuals and the party caucus in Congress.

We will know by February or March whether or not she is any sort of ally to any of our causes if at all.

FrankRep
11-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Why did California reject drug legalization?

libertythor
11-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Why did California reject drug legalization?

Because all of the top ticket Democrats in CA opposed it, and enough "liberals" followed the recommendation like sheeple. It was leading in the polls until Boxer and Brown came out heavily against it. The results in California were among the shittiest in the nation, only to be rivaled by Massachusetts!

Even the local liberty candidate for City Council in Chula Vista that had the backing of the newspaper lost by 5%. (Not that bad considering that Dems outnumber Reps 2 to 1 there!)

low preference guy
11-10-2010, 12:44 AM
by how much did california reject legalization?

libertythor
11-10-2010, 12:46 AM
by how much did california reject legalization?

54 to 46!

It will be tried again in 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/03/prop-19-results-marijuana_n_778050.html

low preference guy
11-10-2010, 12:49 AM

amy31416
11-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Of all the crap things going on in PA, she focuses on this?

We've had some serious privacy issues with the PA DHS targeting so-called "radical" groups for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, and she wants to make sure kids can get cupcakes?

djdellisanti4
11-10-2010, 05:58 AM

We've had some serious privacy issues with the PA DHS targeting so-called "radical" groups for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, and she wants to make sure kids can get cupcakes?

Like a typical Republican she's just skirting around the edges in an attempt to make herself seem a little more edgy.

Knightskye
11-10-2010, 05:16 PM
There was also that school that used borrowed laptops to spy on kids. Nobody got fired, but two kids got some settlement money.

oyarde
11-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Let everyone have a cupcake while PA DHS is dismantled .