PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with PMs

SovereignMN
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
My employer is sending me to Europe for a week in December and I want to travel with some of my PMs just in case things become unstable. I plan on keeping it on my person at all times as I would never trust it in my luggage due to inspections and such. When I go through customs will I receive any questions about these? I'm thinking of bringing strictly American Eagles since they are technically US currency and thus not subject to confiscation (is that a correct assumption).

I also have Canadian Maple Leafs and other non-currency buillion but I plan to leave those at home with my wife.

Am I being paranoid? Thoughts?

psi2941
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
ur paranoid, europe is going to be fine for a while. USA you should be looking at. but how long r u going to be there?

SovereignMN
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
ur paranoid, europe is going to be fine for a while. USA you should be looking at. but how long r u going to be there?

Just a week.

hugolp
11-10-2010, 12:58 AM
The most unstable place in Europe right now is Greece. The other countries are fine at the moment. But I think it does not hurt. I would do the same.

psi2941
11-10-2010, 02:00 AM
The most unstable place in Europe right now is Greece. The other countries are fine at the moment. But I think it does not hurt. I would do the same.

yea i agree, other then Greece and a few other countries, the euro zone is fine for the short term and if something does happen, the other eurozone who has been doing the right thing is going to support the failing countries. thats going to buy him enough time to get out of there.