PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a Grassroots summit?

Eric21ND
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
We could have a gathering to discuss ideas how to go about Ron getting the republican nomination. Maybe in Iowa?

Agorism
11-09-2010, 10:38 PM
grumble grumble grumble how about at CPAC?

TCE
11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Even electronically in some formal chat room or something. It would be nice to get a bunch of people together to realistically look at what candidates we could have in 2012 and who has the best chance among them. Because of infighting and personalities, we threw big support behind several no-chance candidates while good candidates with great chances went by the wayside. With better planning, that would be less likely to happen.

Kotin
11-09-2010, 11:01 PM
grumble grumble grumble how about at CPAC?

This may work well since many of us will be there.. I will be..

Eric21ND
11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
This may work well since many of us will be there.. I will be..
When is it?

american.swan
11-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Maybe its just my ego, but I agree with this idea of having a Grassroots Convention.

I think we need to have a meeting place. Many people should go there, but I think we should have a strong online element to it.

Each room would be broadcast online with twitter/chatroom on the walls so people inside the event can see what the online community is saying while watching. Have a set schedule of speakers and discussion rooms but have the twitter/chatroom connected to each discussion room.

The online participants know to change hashtags or change chatrooms to enter whatever even they want to see. I think it would be AWESOME to set up and pull off. A logistics challenge and yet SO AWESOME.

Imperial
11-10-2010, 01:17 AM
The left has Netroots Nation, so it is only natural we should make our own meeting.

Kotin
11-10-2010, 01:48 AM
When is it?

February 10-12 in DC