PDA

View Full Version : Bush: Mom gave me permission to talk about seeing her fetus in a jar

Agorism
11-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Bush: Mom gave me permission to talk about seeing her fetus in a jar (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/bush-mother-showed-fetus-jar)

In an interview with NBC's Matt Lauer broadcast Monday, former President George W. Bush explained that his mother had a miscarriage when he was a teenager and showed him the fetus.

"She says to her teenage kid, 'Here's a fetus,'" Bush told Lauer. "There's no question that it affected me."

"I never expected to see the remains of the fetus, which she had saved in a jar to bring to the hospital," Bush wrote in his new book Decision Points. "There was a human life, a little brother or sister."

Bush's mother, Barbara, gave him special permission to recount the story in his book, the New York Post reported.

The Daily Telegraph noted that while Bush is staunchly pro-life, his mother does not necessarily hold that point of view.
"I hate abortions, but just could not make that choice for someone else," Bush's mother once said.

But Bush told Lauer that the point of the story was not to show how he came to be pro-life.

"I thought it was very important for people to understand the relationship with my mom," Bush said. "There's no question that it affected me -- my philosophy -- we should respect life."

"The purpose of the story really wasn't to show the evolution of a pro-life point of view, it was really to show how my mom and I developed a relationship."

Different people grieve in different ways, but Justin Frank, a psychoanalyst based in Washington D.C., told The Daily Beast's Casey Schwartz that saving the fetus is not a normal response.

"You don't save a fetus in a jar -- you just don't do that," Frank said. "I would consider that to be the behavior of an extremely depressed person. Probably also extremely angry... because I think she's saying -- essentially -- that she has had to suffer."

"In one murder case of a few years ago, keeping a miscarried fetus in a jar was even used as evidence of mental instability," noted Schwartz. "The defense of Cesar Rodriquez, accused of murdering his 7-year old stepdaughter, Nixzmary Brown, argued that the girl's mother was in fact responsible for her death, and, among the evidence, presented the fact that she kept a miscarried fetus in a jar on the dresser."

This video is from NBC, broadcast Nov. 8, 2010.

oyarde
11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I would hate to think what some people may have in jars .

wormyguy
11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
That's pretty creepy.

amy31416
11-09-2010, 08:19 PM
"You don't save a fetus in a jar -- you just don't do that," Frank said. "I would consider that to be the behavior of an extremely depressed person. Probably also extremely angry... because I think she's saying -- essentially -- that she has had to suffer."

I dunno about all that...isn't there also a case to be made for curiosity, morbid though it may be? Perhaps I'm a bit jaded because I've been in labs with all sorts of bizarre things in jars and I've read some pretty graphic medical textbooks. She may well be an angry/depressed person, and I think she is, but I don't see how this is evidence of it. Could be evidence of sociopathy I suppose.

Showing it to a kid though--now that's kinda psycho.

nate895
11-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I have to say that miscarriages affect a woman pretty hard. I am going to be intentionally vague to conceal her identity. One I know personally had relatively many due to an illness, and she refuses to talk about it, and cries when the subject of miscarriages is broached, which is how I found out about it.

oyarde
11-09-2010, 08:28 PM

I dunno about all that...isn't there also a case to be made for curiosity, morbid though it may be? Perhaps I'm a bit jaded because I've been in labs with all sorts of bizarre things in jars and I've read some pretty graphic medical textbooks. She may well be an angry/depressed person, and I think she is, but I don't see how this is evidence of it. Could be evidence of sociopathy I suppose.

Showing it to a kid though--now that's kinda psycho.

Maybe they took the jar to the moloch .

madengr
11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Back in 8th grade, a girl brought a fetus in jar for her science fair entry. It was pretty controversial so they curtained it off so only the judges could see it. IIRC she won first place. No, this was not public school.

oyarde
11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Back in 8th grade, a girl brought a fetus in jar for her science fair entry. It was pretty controversial so they curtained it off so only the judges could see it. IIRC she won first place. No, this was not public school.

Wonder what she does with it now ?

youngbuck
11-09-2010, 08:34 PM

Omg, that is seriously demented. They probably did...:eek:

In any case, it strikes me as pretty weird, and, to me at least, quite disgusting for somebody to keep a fetus in a jar. Just trying to picture it in my head is pretty repulsive.

oyarde
11-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Omg, that is seriously demented. They probably did...:eek:

In any case, it strikes me as pretty weird, and, to me at least, quite disgusting for somebody to keep a fetus in a jar. Just trying to picture it in my head is pretty repulsive.

I am trying not to , but I have all kinds of terrible stuff in my head after researching that molech culture crap for a week .

oyarde
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
W'S Dad was shot down just off of an island in the pacific and barely rescued before the Japanese got out to pick him up . The rest of our guys shot down on that island were killed and eaten by the Japanese . I wonder how often HW thinks about that ?

james1906
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
"hmmm...this mayonnaise tastes funny....WTF?"

nate895
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
W'S Dad was shot down just off of an island in the pacific and barely rescued before the Japanese got out to pick him up . The rest of our guys shot down on that island were killed and eaten by the Japanese . I wonder how often HW thinks about that ?

It probably haunts the guy.

I really don't like the tendency amongst many political activists to dehumanize the leaders of other political persuasions. I mean, despite all the horrible evil things Bush and Bush Jr. did in office, they are still human beings who have normal thoughts and emotions about things that happen to them.

"hmmm...this mayonnaise tastes funny....WTF?"

Like this. This is just plain sick, even as the joke it was (hopefully, at least) intended to be. The Bushes are politicians, not cannibals.

oyarde
11-09-2010, 09:25 PM
There were other larger instances of this , but I think that particular island was Chichi Jima .

james1906
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Like this. This is just plain sick, even as the joke it was (hopefully, at least) intended to be. The Bushes are politicians, not cannibals.

I saw a fetus in a jar at age 13 when I visited the med school my cousin went to. It's still etched in my memory. A jar at a med school is one thing, putting it in the curio cabinet is another.

oyarde
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
It probably haunts the guy.

I really don't like the tendency amongst many political activists to dehumanize the leaders of other political persuasions. I mean, despite all the horrible evil things Bush and Bush Jr. did in office, they are still human beings who have normal thoughts and emotions about things that happen to them.

I would think it would haunt him as well . I know if it were me , I would think of it every day .

oyarde
11-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I saw a fetus in a jar at age 13 when I visited the med school my cousin went to. It's still etched in my memory. A jar at a med school is one thing, putting it in the curio cabinet is another.

Glad I did not make any med school trips before 17 or so .

osan
11-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Bush is such a pathological liar. It wasn't a "brother or sister" in that jar. It was him. He wants to tell the world but can't quote bring himself to fess up, so he made this ridiculous fabrication to veil the whole truth.

Oh, and the part about how it made him come to respect life - what a fookin' joke in the wake of the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis he murdered.

nate895
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Bush is such a pathological liar. It wasn't a "brother or sister" in that jar. It was him. He wants to tell the world but can't quote bring himself to fess up, so he made this ridiculous fabrication to veil the whole truth.

Huh?

oyarde
11-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Bump before I call it a night .

wormyguy
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Hokay - I've seen a lot of bizarre conspiracy theories on this site and elsewhere, but this one just takes the cake. (Is my sarcasm detector faulty?)

oyarde
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Hokay - I've seen a lot of bizarre conspiracy theories on this site and elsewhere, but this one just takes the cake. (Is my sarcasm detector faulty?)

Osan has some good stuff , but I am lost on this . Could be this thread is too much , we have cannibals and a jar with a fetus .

Agorism
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
http://pandagon.net/index.php/site/bush_speaks_fluent_bs_on_fetuses_in_jars/

silentshout
11-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Gross.

BlackTyrone
11-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Veal Soylent Green. Yum.

oyarde
11-10-2010, 01:24 PM
On New Guinea a pow testified that he had seen the Japanese kill and eat about 100 prisoners. Some had flesh cut from them while living and were thrown into a ditch to die .

acptulsa
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I heard of an artist so meglomaniacal that he canned and sold his own crap.

I didn't ever think I'd live to hear of a woman even more meglomaniacal than he...

Well, since Skull and Bones is the family hangout, I guess we shouldn't try to account for taste.

JoshLowry
11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Pro-life*

*Excludes Middle Eastern children.

susano
11-10-2010, 02:18 PM

This isn't really the board to discuss mind control and trauma, but lots of people who are familiar with the subject, myself included, believe that junior was subjected to cult mind control. That you mentioned Moloch is not far off at all. The origins of the cult go back to Babylon. I don't know if you know but there is pretty good case for Aleister Crowley being Barbara Bush's real father. Her mother was in Europe hanging out with Crowley when she returned home and gave birth nine months later.

What the hell kind of person saves a fetus in a jar?! I'm sure that screwed with Georgie's head.

http://www.thequoteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/crowley_portrait1b.jpghttp://nosheep.net/wp-content/upload/barbara-bush.jpg

oyarde
11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Predates Babylon .

Eroberer
11-10-2010, 02:37 PM
There's a book called Fly Boys that contains the story of the pilots who were shot down along with Bush Sr. I read a couple of months ago and found it quite interesting.

oyarde
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
There's a book called Fly Boys that contains the story of the pilots who were shot down along with Bush Sr. I read a couple of months ago and found it quite interesting.

I read one 7 or 8 years ago , may be same one .

oyarde
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Alright , what do the rest of you have in jars ?

osan
11-10-2010, 09:29 PM

HELLO - Bush was the fetus in a jar?! You need to recalibrate that thing. It was a stab at humor - you know, Bush the eville commie prick came out of a jar instead of his mommy.

Oh, never mind.

oyarde
11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
HELLO - Bush was the fetus in a jar?! You need to recalibrate that thing. It was a stab at humor - you know, Bush the eville commie prick came out of a jar instead of his mommy.

Oh, never mind.

I figured it was a stab at humor .

osan
11-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Huh?

An attempt at humor at GW's expense. Was it really that hard to tell? I suppose I'd better not quit my day job.

Perhaps I ought not have added the second paragraph, which indeed was seriously offered - the hypocrisy or lie that he is pro-life.

amy31416
11-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Alright , what do the rest of you have in jars ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_64-fPthGj2k/RyIci-fQxyI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/nUYgU8-8FHA/s400/yf.jpg

Nothing.....nothing at all....

Dripping Rain
11-10-2010, 09:36 PM
what a family of sickos
I wonder if they ate it

low preference guy
11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I wonder if they ate it

psycho

Bruno
11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_64-fPthGj2k/RyIci-fQxyI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/nUYgU8-8FHA/s400/yf.jpg

lmao, Amy! :D

one of my favorites!

Anti Federalist
11-10-2010, 09:39 PM

Beat me to it...ROFL...Abby Someone....

Bruno
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Abbie Normal!, That's what the name was!

oyarde
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_64-fpthgj2k/ryici-fqxyi/aaaaaaaaaeq/nuygu8-8fha/s400/yf.jpg

nothing.....nothing at all....

lol

amy31416
11-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Abbie Normal!, That's what the name was!

You promise you won't be angry?

(Anachronistic, I know.)

Bruno
11-10-2010, 09:48 PM
You promise you won't be angry?

(Anachronistic, I know.)

lol, forgiven. :)

(had to look that word up!)

oyarde
11-11-2010, 04:33 PM
bump

moostraks
11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
This seems to be completely misleading for the purpose of sensationalism. Far be it from me to defend Bush as I have never really cared for the guy, but this article seems to drift from stating he saw the fetus when she miscarried and took it to the hospital and some psychopath who kept one in a jar on a dresser which is completely unrelated but added for effect. Who checks this crap for facts nowadays?

It was not uncommon to have doctors request you bring in any tissue when you are miscarrying for analysis to determine if the contents of the uterus were completely discharged. I had been told to do something similar if any large tissue was passed with a previous miscarriage years ago. Now they usually do transvaginal ultrasounds to determine if all the tissue has passed.

oyarde
11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
This seems to be completely misleading for the purpose of sensationalism. Far be it from me to defend Bush as I have never really cared for the guy, but this article seems to drift from stating he saw the fetus when she miscarried and took it to the hospital and some psychopath who kept one in a jar on a dresser which is completely unrelated but added for effect. Who checks this crap for facts nowadays?

It was not uncommon to have doctors request you bring in any tissue when you are miscarrying for analysis to determine if the contents of the uterus were completely discharged. I had been told to do something similar if any large tissue was passed with a previous miscarriage years ago. Now they usually do transvaginal ultrasounds to determine if all the tissue has passed.

I wish he had not mentioned it at all .