PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Be GOP Nominee?

DeadheadForPaul
11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Honest question

Has the rise of the Tea Party given him a second shot?
Is his age a factor?
Does he have the momentum now?
Do the newsletters and anti-war stance hurt him?

torchbearer
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
only if everyone does there very best.
our meet-up group will be spending very little time waving signs, and more time building a group of voters to swamp the caucus.
we know what we did wrong last time, we know what is required to get the delegates, and we will focus fully on the task of getting delegates.

I'm certain other groups will use their experience to capture the delegates we need.

tremendoustie
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Possible but unlikely.

Now, if the question is, will a ron paul candidacy help move the country in a pro liberty direction, the answer is absolutely yes. His first campaign was an overwhelming success -- I hope everyone here recognizes that.

libertyfan101
11-09-2010, 05:12 PM
As much as I love Ron Paul and his policies. It ain't happening no matter what we do. The GOP isn't worth saving and would never elect someone who wants to end the wars and cut military spending. Paul is a true fan of liberty and the constitution. The GOP can't handle that.

I would rather he run third party or indie. Because when he doesn't win the nomination and he won't. Then it will be another bullshit election where we have to choose from two different versions of Neo-Con big government corporatists.

BuddyRey
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
It'll happen if we make it happen. We came darn close last time, and I think with the way the economy is now, RP's chances have only gotten better.

torchbearer
11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
people who doubt, shame on you.
you need to first believe it can be done, visualize how it will be done, and then achieve it.
we will win louisiana for ron paul in 2012. i know how we are going to do it.
if you doubt, you obviously don't plan on winning your state for ron.

Wren
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
50/50 chance and I'm up for that chance. It won't happen if we do nothing.

It'll happen if we make it happen. We came darn close last time, and I think with the way the economy is now, RP's chances have only gotten better.

+rep

tremendoustie
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
people who doubt, shame on you.
you need to first believe it can be done, visualize how it will be done, and then achieve it.
we will win louisiana for ron paul in 2012. i know how we are going to do it.
if you doubt, you obviously don't plan on winning your state for ron.

It could happen, I agree -- and when we do our level best, great things will come of it. I certainly don't want to be a discouragement -- I just want to say that there are huge benefits to such a campaign, even if we don't end up getting the outcome we're all working for.

libertythor
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I voted possible but not likely. He has a lot of hurdles and psychological barriers to cross with many voters, but we should try our hardest and put even more energy into this than in 2008.

Remember that if we manage to get double the stealth delegates at the county and state conventions than last time, we can really make some noise. Also, more of us should be running for local offices!

Ron Paul 2012! If he doesn't run, Gary Johnson 2012!

DutchLiberty
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Only if he wins CPAC 2011 he will have a chance.
So all efford must go to winning that!

RileyE104
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
I think if the dollar crashes (or is severely devalued in the next year) he will have a real chance.

Imaginos
11-09-2010, 06:26 PM
It will be extremely brutal.
The establishment, Military Industrial Complex, AIPAC and all the other traitors in and out of Washington, D.C. will pour everything they got to stop Ron Paul.
This is our only shot to legalize constitution.
That's why I believe that although it's extremely difficult, we must win this fight.
That means even if each one of us has to suffer huge financial burden, we must pour everything we got for Ron Paul.
It's better go broke supporting Ron Paul then to have a total dollar meltdown.
The meltdown is coming, mark my words.
Legalize constitution!
Liberty or bust!

KramerDSP
11-09-2010, 06:32 PM
It will be extremely brutal.
The establishment, Military Industrial Complex, AIPAC and all the other traitors in and out of Washington, D.C. will pour everything they got to stop Ron Paul.
This is our only shot to legalize constitution.
That's why I believe that although it's extremely difficult, we must win this fight.
That means even if each one of us has to suffer huge financial burden, we must pour everything we got for Ron Paul.
It's better go broke supporting Ron Paul then to have a total dollar meltdown.
The meltdown is coming, mark my words.
Legalize constitution!
Liberty or bust!

You've got to be John Tate, right?

Cherder
11-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Possible but unlikely

If everyone started immediately familiarizing themselves with the precinct committeeman position and understood that sign waving doesn't win elections, then we'd have a good shot. Really though, it depends on the mood of the country and how effective a campaign Ron's staffers put together. I don't have much faith in the latter.

I should note that I am not against sign waving entirely; it builds morale, it can be great for a group get together, and can even be somewhat effective if combined with literature handouts at an intersection. That said, most of your time is better spent making phone calls, going door-to-door, lit drops, or just connecting with voters in general.

cindy25
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
if the wars start going badly (or are perceived to be lost) and the Republican base turns against the war. I can't see that happening quickly enough. on domestic issues Palin is already attacking the fed, so this issue is gone.

new momentum
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I support Ron 100%. I do not believe TPTB in the Repub Party would allow Ron's message to be heard without without twisting his words or diluting his message. Look at the way the Tea Party has been corrupted by the Neocons. He deserves better than the Republicans.

Imaginos
11-09-2010, 07:04 PM
You've got to be John Tate, right?
No, I am just a concerned guy who put American interest ahead of special interests.
As far as I am concerned, Ron Paul is the only one who has been always put American interest first.
I trust Ron Paul's genuine patriotism as much as I trust the Sun will rise in the East, not West.

MikeStanart
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I voted Unlikely; but who cares?

This is about education. Look how much Ron's 08' run has actually influenced the rhetoric!

I'll fight to the end for Paul to get nominated because it's about education. And if he does get it, all the better!

libertybrewcity
11-09-2010, 07:22 PM
It will easy to get to the convention, but hard to get through it. Of course there are a few things that must happen, like a first or second place finish at Ames.

PeacePlan
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I was district delegate and it is a battle. They don't like Ron Paul.

PeacePlan
11-09-2010, 07:33 PM
It will easy to get to the convention, but hard to get through it. Of course there are a few things that must happen, like a first or second place finish at Ames.

I MN Ron Paul showed up at the Convention and they would not let him in to speak. It was real shitty to say the least. He had to speak outside as they would not let him in.

KramerDSP
11-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Imaginos, I was joking but did a poor job of it. I was referring to the style of C4L fundraising letters sent out by Tate that have underlined sections as highlights.

I'm all for RP2012. I can't wait till the first debate. It'll be off the hook.

wormyguy
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
He has zero chance. Doesn't mean I won't try, though. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Imaginos
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Imaginos, I was joking but did a poor job of it. I was referring to the style of C4L fundraising letters sent out by Tate that have underlined sections as highlights.

I'm all for RP2012. I can't wait till the first debate. It'll be off the hook.
No worry, I suck at detecting jokes.
:D
Yeah, can't wait for the first debate.
I hope Ron would use the same self introduction he used which was "I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my 11th tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution".

Anti Federalist
11-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Possible.

But that doesn't matter.

If he can and will run, I'm in it like it's a done deal.

Ron Paul 2012

AlexMerced
11-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't care if he can win or not, I just love getting out there and educating, and his running is so galvanizing

oyarde
11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Possible.

But that doesn't matter.

If he can and will run, I'm in it like it's a done deal.

Ron Paul 2012

Yes

rich34
11-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Imo here's what needs to happen. Rand needs to continue making waves and once in the senate he needs to really position himself as the highest ranking member of the tea party movement. He's virtually already is, but he needs to wrestle a lot of the Palin supporters away and convince them to be solidly in the Paul camp. And then when the time is right Rand needs to come out and endorse his father. So there after in every interview he can mention "and we really need a president like my father because he's the only one who truly understands the issues." Hell yeah!!