PDA

View Full Version : Incoming congressman Allen West taps outspoken Fla. radio host as chief of staff

bobbyw24
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Congressman-elect Allen West (R-Fla.), who rode the tea party wave to unseat Rep. Ron Klein (D-Fla.), has hired Joyce Kaufman, a local conservative talk radio commentator known for her provocative and sometimes incendiary statements, as his chief of staff.

Kaufman has been a prominent and controversial voice on the Florida political scene for decades. For example, according to the Miami New Times, she once said about illegal immigrants, "If you commit a crime while you're here, we should hang you and send your body back to where you came from, and your family should pay for it."

West's campaign manager, Josh Grodin, defended Kaufman's outspoken style. "What's been working in Washington has not been working," he said. "Things need to be different."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/09/AR2010110904767.html

Toureg89
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
i dont think i like west. but an R is better than a D (not that i voted for him)

AGRP
11-09-2010, 03:28 PM
What's West's foreign policy?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-09-2010, 03:30 PM

It goes a little something like this

YouTube - Bomb,bomb,bomb !!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ25xMRHtj4)

Pericles
11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
His sacrificed his career in the Army to do what he thought necessary to protect his men, and every soldier that I can find that served with him, has the greatest respect for him. Good enough for me.

Toureg89
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
not doubting that he was a great soldier who sacrificed for america. but i wouldnt vote for him for office...

YouTube - Colonel Allen West Answers a Marine's Question (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGQmCZjJ0k)

YouTube - LTC Allen West in support of Israel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMp60uHAnfA)

"we will make sure that it exists". sounds like foreign interventionism to me...

heavenlyboy34
11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
i dont think i like west. but an R is better than a D (not that i voted for him)

The lesser of 2 evils is still evil. ;)

FrankRep
11-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Kaufman has been a prominent and controversial voice on the Florida political scene for decades. For example, according to the Miami New Times, she once said about illegal immigrants, "If you commit a crime while you're here, we should hang you and send your body back to where you came from, and your family should pay for it."

Joyce Kaufman is tough on Illegal Immigration. Sounds good.

Toureg89
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
uh, yeah, and when i voted, i didnt vote for the lesser of 2 evils. if i saw a more principled candidate than an R, i voted for them.

but that doesnt change the fact that i am more relieved to see that AW, an R, replaced a D in a district to which i dont belong. in the end, Rs are (IMO) usually less evil than Ds, so if a candidate is going to be chosen and i DONT have a say in the matter, id rather it be an R than a D

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Joyce Kaufman is tough on Illegal Immigration. Sounds good.

Aren't you pro-life? If you approve of that comment it just goes to show the hypocrisy. Still amazes me how contradictory people are.

qh4dotcom
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Continue the April 15th looting of Billions of taxpayer dollars for funding the unconstitutional foreign aid to Israel

http://allenwestforcongress.com/issues

FrankRep
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Aren't you pro-life? If you approve of that comment it just goes to show the hypocrisy. Still amazes me how contradictory people are.
I support the fact that she's anti-Illegal Immigration. I highly doubt she literally means we should kill them unless the crime is serious enough like rape or murder.

I'd like to see the full context of that quote.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I support the fact that she's anti-Illegal Immigration. I highly doubt she literally means we should kill them unless the crime is serious enough like rape or murder.

I'd like to see the full context of that quote.

I will agree that I too would like to see a more lengthy transcript, however I wouldn't put it past vitriolic anti-immigrant persons to actually believe such rhetoric. As good as Joe Miller is on many issues, he actually believes we should institute East Germany on our borders for instance. Absolutely insane.

muzzled dogg
11-09-2010, 04:10 PM
wild

FrankRep
11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I will agree that I too would like to see a more lengthy transcript, however I wouldn't put it past vitriolic anti-immigrant persons to actually believe such rhetoric. As good as Joe Miller is on many issues, he actually believes we should institute East Germany on our borders for instance. Absolutely insane.

Austrian Econ Disciple,

You're taking Joe Miller out of context too. He's doesn't want "East Germany-style borders," he simply said it's possible to secure the borders and he referenced East Germany as an example. Big difference.

If Joyce Kaufman violates the law by unjustly killing people, then I have no problem with her getting the proper punishment.

FrankRep
11-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Allen West‘s Chief of Staff Steps Down Admidst ’Lockdown’ Controversy (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/allen-wests-chief-of-staff-steps-down-admidst-lockdown-controversy/)

The Blaze
November 11, 2010

Just one week after securing election victory, Congressman-elect Allen West of Florida dismissed his chief of staff, conservative radio host Joyce Kaufman. According to news reports, Kaufman voluntarily stepped aside Wednesday evening after the controversial host was accused of inciting violence.

According to the Miami Herald, a warning call was phoned into WFTL 850 AM from a woman claiming that her husband was planning to carry out a mass shooting in Broward County, specifically targeting government buildings and schools. In addition, the Pembroke Pines Police Department says the WFTL station received an emailed warning addressed directly to Kaufman.

Ms. Kaufman has previously come under critical fire for a variety of controversial comments. Just this week, Kaufman described Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi as “garbage” and has previously spoken out against illegal immigrants. According to The New York Times, she previously claimed at a rally that illegal immigrants “reproduce at a rate about three times that American citizens do. And that’s not bigotry, and that’s just fact.”

But related to this week’s threat against Broward County schools, many are pointing to her divisive rhetoric and accusing her of actually inciting violence.

Kaufman, 56, promotes herself as the “most heavily armed” radio host in South Florida. Earlier this week, a video made the rounds on the internet and on MSNBC which showed Kaufman seemingly advocating tough action against the government. “I am convinced the most important thing the Founding Fathers did to ensure me my First Amendment rights was they gave me a Second Amendment,” she said. “And if ballots don’t work, bullets will.”