PDA

View Full Version : New donators from another forum (usually hostile)

Sematary
10-20-2007, 12:54 AM
My first campaign donation EVER has gone to Dr. Paul. I will also be helping to organize support in Florida. I must be honest and say that I was hesitant because I think the Pubbies will dis Dr. Paul, and I hate Hillary. I routinely change my affiliation because one cannot be an independent in Florida. I am currently registered as a Democrat, and I would have probably worked for John Edwards, (we Trial Lawyers must stick together) as I at least, trust him with most of the Constitution, as opposed to Hillary, who I don't trust at all. But, I refuse to go with the lesser of evils again. So, the die is cast, as they say.

Last night my (apparently formerly) Guiliani loving mother informed me she was donating 100 dollars to the Ron Paul campaign.

One at a time. That's how we'll do it. One at a time. If we don't inspire them to love Ron Paul, at least we can inform them of his positions and inspire in them a love of the concept of liberty and desire for a government that represents ALL of the people rather than 50% at a time being represented, spending their time trying to control the other 50%.

I too recently made a small donation to his campaign. The Revolution has begun!

Keep in mind - this is happening on a mostly neocon forum. :D

steph3n
10-20-2007, 12:58 AM
can you remove the direct link?

Sematary
10-20-2007, 01:01 AM

I could, but why?

bbachtung
10-20-2007, 01:05 AM
I could, but why?

So that the neo-cons at that forum don't trace visits to that site back to this forum.

libertythor
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM

I can think of a few reasons why...but why don't you post them? This movement didn't get organized by "herding cats" (an analogy used for past libertarian and pro freedom campaigns). The "cats" herded themselves and saying why the link would be detrimental would have the double effect of getting the poster to remove it and getting others that see your post not to do it in the future.

Sematary
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM
So that the neo-cons at that forum don't trace visits to that site back to this forum.

Fair enough. They wouldn't last 5 seconds here, anyway.

libertythor
10-20-2007, 01:08 AM

Exactly! :) Its better to post the link in a broken format. Separate the .com with one space in the link.

Example: http://www.mittromney .com

Then tell them to paste it in their browser and join the .com.

There you go.

This goes the same for all online polls.

bbachtung
10-20-2007, 01:11 AM
Exactly! :) Its better to post the link in a broken format. Separate the .com with one space in the link.

Example: http://www.mittromney .com

Then tell them to paste it in their browser and join the .com.

There you go.

This goes the same for all online polls.

Or you could post a clickable link that has been anonymized: http://www.gulli.com/english/anonym-to/

libertythor
10-20-2007, 01:16 AM
How do you anonymize them?

devil21
10-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Just Yahoo/Google:

free anonymizer

bbachtung
10-20-2007, 01:20 AM
How do you anonymize them?

Go to the website that I posted, enter the original URL, and it spits out an "anonymized" URL that re-directs via another server.