PDA

View Full Version : Banker escapes felony charges for hit and run 'because it could jeopardize his job'

bobbyw24
11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
A Morgan Stanley wealth manager will not face felony charges for a hit-and-run because Colorado prosecutors don't want him to lose his job.

http://dailybail.com/storage/jump%20you%20fuckers..jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI ON=1289303596007

Martin Joel Erzinger, who manages more than $1 billion in assets for Morgan Stanley in Denver, is being accused only of a misdemeanor for allegedly driving his Mercedes into a cyclist and then fleeing the scene, Colorado's Vail Daily reports. The victim, Dr. Steven Milo, whom Erzinger allegedly hit in July, suffered spinal cord injuries, bleeding from his brain and, according to his lawyer Harold Haddon, "lifetime pain."

But District Attorney Mark Hurlbert says it wouldn't be wise to prosecute Erzinger -- doing so might hurt his source of income.

http://dailybail.com/home/outrage-morgan-stanley-banker-escapes-felony-charges-for-hit.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyBail+(The+Daily+Bail)&utm_content=My+Yahoo

squarepusher
11-09-2010, 11:41 AM
ruling class anyone?

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
It is high time the monied aristocracy is de-throned.

JK/SEA
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few...or the one...damn bikers!...hope the benz is ok....

NerveShocker
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Whoa we better raise hell about this.. now bankers can just run lesser people over? What if he hit another banker?

tremendoustie
11-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Are you effing kidding me?

speciallyblend
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
f da's ,f the law and ,f the gov this is in our local county total BS and i ask anyone else if this happened? what would happen to you? I think that covers this BS > this tells me why bother following laws. I can use my job to jusify not getting a felony, not to mention this same da caused 2 girls to lose their jobs over a class 3 felony then never charged them over a mtn bike race and exchanging their numbers! icing on the cake is my wife and i were almost hit by an elected official in vail when i was djing and we called the cops and my wife had to wake the drunk passenger up from the wrecked vehicle and then the cop told my wife they didn't need a report from my wife or me! The next day no record of my call or any police reports on the elected official who was drunk and wrecked her car in the parking lot! me and my wife were the ones that woke her up and she reeked of alcohol! I am pretty much saying f the law and the gov!! colorado law enforcement is as corrupt as the dnc/gop!! america is f'ed

speciallyblend
11-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Are you effing kidding me?

100% true, the da is corruption at its best!! also goggle montrose da and your mouths will drop!

the law enforcement in colorado is really bad and corrupted. I view colorado law enforcement and federal law enforcement and the dnc/gop more of a threat to america's security then any terrorists!!

ps i do have a few friends who are police officers so don't think i am hating on police or law enforcment!It is just a fact!

Bern
11-09-2010, 01:11 PM
HuffPo posted an update on the story:
UPDATE:
District Attorney Mark Hurlbert told HuffPost on Monday afternoon that news reports about the prosecution have been inaccurate. "We charged him with a felony, first of all," he said.

What's happening is that prosecutors offered Erzinger a plea bargain for restitution and two misdemeanors potentially carrying two years of jail time. What the victim wants, Hurlbert said, is for Erzinger to plead guilty to the felony of leaving the scene of accident, causing serious bodily injury. Under that deal, judgment would be deferred and the felony would be cleared from his record after a few years of good behavior. The misdemeanors, though, would stay on Erzinger's record permanently.

"This is the right plea bargain given the facts of the case, the defendant's prior criminal history and his willingness to take responsibility," Hurlbert said. "We feel this is far more punitive than the felony deferred."

Hurlbert did not offer details on the restitution, except to say it would be "significant."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/08/martin-erzinger-morgan-stanley-hit-and-run-_n_780294.html

HOLLYWOOD
11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
LOL
"This is the right plea bargain given the facts of the case, the defendant's prior criminal history and his willingness to take responsibility," Hurlbert said. Leaving the scene of a severely injured person is responsible?

Responsibility = PAYOFF $$$

Prison is for Peasants!

Heimdallr
11-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Fuck the what?

Philhelm
11-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Remember the part in "A Tale of Two Cities" when the noble runs over a peasant with his carriage? Yeah, it's like that.

BillyDkid
11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Like George Carlin said - there's a big club and you and I aren't in it. There is a ruling elite who are immune the consequences of their actions, who can't lose no matter what they do. This is the moral hazard by which this country operates for the ruling class - they are exempted from responsibility for their mistakes. Those who are most directly responsible for the economic meltdown were rewarded for their mistakes will billions of taxpayer dollars. There is certain class of people in this country who can not lose no matter what they do and are protected through their connectedness to those who operate the levers of power.

speciallyblend
11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
google montrose da charges, it gets even crazier;)

Pericles
11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Remember the part in "A Tale of Two Cities" when the noble runs over a peasant with his carriage? Yeah, it's like that.

This /\

youngbuck
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
The DA needs to be sent to prison for a very long time. He can be cell mates with the banker.

kpitcher
11-09-2010, 07:00 PM
How is this any different than Cheney shooting a hunting partner in the face and taking a day to, I assume sober up, before it was reported? Oh Cheney didn't even get a slap on the wrist, so I guess it was different.

BamaAla
11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
People wonder why the French Revolution was so bloody...here is why.

silverhandorder
11-09-2010, 07:26 PM
To be honest reparation is better then punishment. However yes the two different set of laws is fucked up.

tremendoustie
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM
To be honest reparation is better then punishment. However yes the two different set of laws is fucked up.

This.

Inflation
11-09-2010, 11:51 PM

Yes, that scene has been replayed over and over in real life starring Hillary, Secret Service, etc as the Marquis.

The two cities are London and Paris at the time of the French Revolution in the 1790s. The story depicts the lives of some of the people involved in and affected by the French Revolution. The Marquis de St Evremonde (Rathbone) is one of the French ruling aristocracy who cruelly mistreats the ordinary struggling people. He refers to the peasants as "dogs," "pigs," "vermin" and "idiots." After running over and killing a child, the Marquis climbs out of his carriage and speaks contemptuously to the gathering crowd:

http://www.basilrathbone.net/films/taletwocities/ttc97.jpg

"It is extraordinary to me," says he, " that you people cannot take care of yourselves and your children. One or the other of you is forever in the way. How do I know what injury you have done my horses?"

He then drives away with the air of someone who had accidentally broken some common thing and paid for it. Dickens used the character of the Marquis to personify the callous ruling class, living in luxury while the peasants starve. Unknown to the aristocracy, a group calling themselves the jacquerie were preparing to revolt. Later in the film one of them murders the Marquis.

http://www.basilrathbone.net/films/taletwocities/ttc333a.jpg