PDA

View Full Version : Is this why Bush Is Messed Up?

Agorism
11-08-2010, 11:59 PM
When Bush's mother showed him her miscarriage (http://www.salon.com/life/broadsheet/2010/11/08/bush_fetus)

The startling story is getting lots of attention -- but no one is mentioning that Barbara now says she's pro-choice

In the weirdest news item of the day, the New York Post reveals that when George W. Bush was a teenager, his mother, Barbara, showed him her miscarried fetus in a jar. "There's no question that affected me, a philosophy that we should respect life," he tells Matt Lauer in an interview that will air tonight. This bizarre anecdote may make Barbara sound like a pro-life extremist who used scare tactics to sway her son's views of abortion, but what the Post doesn't mention is that the former first lady eventually became pro-choice.

In the NBC interview, the former president explains that in the mid-1960s he had to drive his mom to the hospital after her miscarriage because his dad was out of town. "She said to her teenage kid, 'Here's the fetus,'" Bush says in the interview. "There was a human life, a little brother or sister." Lauer reads an excerpt from Bush's book, "Decision Points," in which he recounts the incident: "I never expected to see the remains of the fetus, which she had saved in a jar to bring to the hospital."

It may have helped to secure Bush's "pro-life" (or anti-choice) position, but it clearly didn't have the same impact on Barbara -- you know, the person who actually experienced it firsthand. In 1994, she revealed that she was pro-choice in an interview with Barbara Walters. Not only that, but during the 2000 presidential campaign, she went so far as to argue that the Republican Party should abandon its anti-choice platform. Note that another pretty important lady in G.W.'s life, wife Laura, has also voiced her belief in a woman's right to choose.

bj72
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Bush might have claimed to be "pro-life", but did his actions support the claim? I do not think so.

Bman
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
It's a big issue for a lot of women. My wife flat out won't vote for anyone who is a strong pro-life advocate.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Well both President Bush's though absolutely nothing of human life and proved it by murdering hundreds of thousands of people in the name of profit and imperialism so it stands to reason that the female members of the clan would also be murderous monsters.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Well both President Bush's though absolutely nothing of human life and proved it by murdering hundreds of thousands of people in the name of profit and imperialism so it stands to reason that the female members of the clan would also be murderous monsters.

Win.

BlackTerrel
11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Good for him. I'm pro-life too.

I was not a fan of Bush but he's gone - time to move on.

dannno
11-09-2010, 12:28 AM
It's a big issue for a lot of women. My wife flat out won't vote for anyone who is a strong pro-life advocate.

Classic :D

YouTube - Seinfeld On Abortion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KmsK3ertkM)

bj72
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
As a woman, I'd have a hard time voting for someone who did not take into consideration protection of human life in the womb ("a person's a person no matter how small...").

How pro-life groups, churches, etc, bought off on Bush, McCain, et al being "pro-life" is beyond me. Actions prove otherwise.

jdmyprez, excellent observation. The comment easily applies to the Clinton and Obama clans as well.

Vessol
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
She keeps a dead fetus in a jar? The fuck is wrong with her? That whole family is fucked up.

dannno
11-09-2010, 01:17 AM
She keeps a dead fetus in a jar? The fuck is wrong with her? That whole family is fucked up.

They also keep skulls in tombs.

puppetmaster
11-09-2010, 02:01 AM

seriously why is pro life a bad thing.........if your not pro life then your pro death.
is your wife ok with killing children at any stage in life or is there a number that qualifies them as worthy?

Taking a human life, let alone a defenseless life is something that will mess up any human being for the rest of their life. Maybe this is why there are so many depressed women on meds.

RonPaulwillWin
11-09-2010, 02:14 AM

Why is she going out to vote? She should be in the kitchen!

Noob
11-09-2010, 02:26 AM
seriously why is pro life a bad thing.........if your not pro life then your pro death.
is your wife ok with killing children at any stage in life or is there a number that qualifies them as worthy?

Taking a human life, let alone a defenseless life is something that will mess up any human being for the rest of their life. Maybe this is why there are so many depressed women on meds.
There is a guy that lives in Idaho that change is his name to Pro-Life, he got 2,736 votes in the Idaho Governors race last Tuesday.

Bman
11-09-2010, 02:33 AM

Personally, I sit to the side of pro-choice because making abortion illegal means punishment for women who get abortions and I don't see how that fixes the problem. But more directly I believe that most women don't like feeling like someone is telling them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. Now the typical complaint to that is that the babies body is not theirs, but I can tell you I don't think they care. If something is in them and they want it out anyone who disagrees can get bent.

Personally my wife has never had an abortion, we have one beautiful child, abortion isn't even a consideration, but advocate making it illegal and you simply will not get her vote and trust me, there's no discussing it. I've tried to soften up her stance so she'd consider someone who is pro-life and at least look at their other stances (I never vote based on abortion, either way). No dice.

Bman
11-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Why is she going out to vote? She should be in the kitchen!

Screw that. She's a vegetarian, I wouldn't eat the crap she eats if my life depended on it.

moostraks
11-09-2010, 07:46 AM

Some doctors want you to bring in any tissue when you are having a miscarriage to determine if the entire fetus has been passed. Remnants left behind can lead to infection. It was much more common for this to be requested in years past. She didn't pickle it, but brought it for analysis.

puppetmaster
11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I was pro choice until my wife had a miscarriage and I did see the fetus.....gross but amazing. Seeing it first hand has an effect on you....wholly shit I sound like Bush but I am not religious much

some people that treat it only like a medical condition and not a life

Lucille
11-09-2010, 09:30 AM

Right? WTF?!

Matt Collins
11-09-2010, 10:03 AM
This is kind of sickening