PDA

View Full Version : Palin's new target: Bernanke

CzargwaR
11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
This caught my eye when a facebook friend posted it. I'm wondering is she trying to capitalize on Ron Pauls core issue to steal the thunder or is she sincerely trying to unite Pauls with the Palins in the tea party vs the GOP? I don't like her but I welcome any attacks on the FED, even if it's coming from her.

Article:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/08/palins-new-target-bernanke/

Palin's new target: Bernanke
mug.mooney By: CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) – After months of delivering red meat political speeches ahead of the midterm elections, Sarah Palin is pivoting towards tackling the Federal Reserve's monetary policy.

The former Alaska governor is the keynote speaker at the Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Association (STAFDA) trade show in Phoenix Monday, during which she will take on the Fed's so-called "quantitative easing" plan.

"Will discuss Fed's quantitative easing plan(print $ out of thin air)tmrrw@ tools trade assn speech" Palin tweeted Sunday. She added in a tweet Monday, "Today:trade speech;tmrw school event 2 start discussing QuantitativeEasing w kids around US so they prepare 4 Feds experiment w their future."

The speech appears to be a transition of sorts for Palin, who has largely steered clear of major policy addresses since leaving her post as Alaska's governor more than a year ago – a move that has left her vulnerable to criticism she lacks the substance to be a bona fide leader of the GOP.

In Palin's prepared remarks obtained by The National Review, the former vice presidential candidate said the policy "deeply concern[s] her."

"If it doesn't work, what do we do then? Print even more money?" Palin will say.

"What's the end game here? Where will all this money printing on an unprecedented scale take us? Do we have any guarantees that QE2 won't be followed by QE3, 4, and 5, until eventually – inevitably – no one will want to buy our debt anymore? What happens if the Fed becomes not just the buyer of last resort, but the buyer of only resort?"

In its latest move to jump start the sluggish recovery, the Federal Reserve announced last week it will pump billions into the economy by buying $600 billion in long-term U.S. Treasury bonds over the next eight months – policy known as quantitative easing.

The bond purchases will total up to $900 billion and be completed by the end of the third quarter of 2011.

libertythor
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
She did back Joe Miller, an Alaska Senate candidate who criticized neocons in the debate. I am watching her closely over the next few months to see where she swings. Perhaps the McCain factor is wearing off.

cswake
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Parker Spitzer having an intellectual discussion about monetary policy:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2010/11/08/ps.qe2.sarah.palin.cnn?hpt=T2

Aratus
11-09-2010, 10:44 AM
sarah palin's 2012 run is being speculated on!

LisaNY
11-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Romney is next to jump on the fed wagon. How I love politicians.