PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see a Gary Johnson sub-forum?

JoshLowry
11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
What are your thoughts on Gary Johnson?

Time to create a subforum for his 2012 run?

I registered GaryJohnsonForums.com a year or so ago.

What do you think?

Ekrub
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I haven't been around here a long time, but I would vote no. RP 2012 needs all resources we can get.

BenIsForRon
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I say yes, but one Ron Paul announces his candidacy, we take the Johnson subforum down.

TonySutton
11-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Yes because he will have some unique followers who may find there way here. Once here they can get a crash course in liberty!

Are those sub forums scanned by the bots?

Baptist
11-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I think that we should create "Draft Johnson for Senate" websites. He could probably win NM easy and then we wouldn't bicker over Johnson vs Paul presidential runs.

Johnson may think that the Ron Paul grassroots is going to go balls-to-da-walls for his presidential run, but it is not going to happen. Sorry Gary, but only Ron can get people to stand on the corner in the snow. You should run for Senate though.

Wren
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Gary Johnson supporters are Ron Paul supporters. If he was running for the senate, absolutely, but not for president.

tremendoustie
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I say yes, but one Ron Paul announces his candidacy, we take the Johnson subforum down.

I agree with this. Actually I don't have a strong preference as to whether one is created -- but if it is, it should be taken down in case of a RP 2012 run.

roho76
11-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Absolutely. Gary is the real deal and ran his office like a true conservative.

JoshLowry
11-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Yes because he will have some unique followers who may find there way here. Once here they can get a crash course in liberty!

Are those sub forums scanned by the bots?

Yes, most sub-forums are picked up by bots. The off topic/ht/religion/philosophy subforums do not return in google search results.

Gary Johnson supporters are Ron Paul supporters. If he was running for the senate, absolutely, but not for president.

I agree with this. Actually I don't have a strong preference as to whether one is created -- but if it is, it should be taken down in case of a RP 2012 run.

I think this is probably best.

Unless Johnson shows some real muscle and excitement, then Ron should get the center stage with all of the resources that he has on the site that bears his name. That's the way I lean at the moment.

mrsat_98
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Ron has endorsed Gary for President , that makes Gary as much a part of the Ron Paul rEVOLution as any of us.

JoshLowry
11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Ron has endorsed Gary for President

Not exactly, but about as close as he can get without actually doing it.

Lucille
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Ron has endorsed Gary for President , that makes Gary as much a part of the Ron Paul rEVOLution as any of us.

This. I truly don't think Ron will run in '12, especially if he has his way with the Fed and monetary policy.

Johnson (or any, or all, of the GOP hopefuls) should ask Paul, early on in the campaign, to be Treasury Secretary.

low preference guy
11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I'd say create the forum if Ron decides not to run and Johnson runs.

DjLoTi
11-08-2010, 01:08 PM
It would be great. All of the Gary Johnson topics could be in 1 spot. He's not perfect, but nobody is. If the demand is high enough for his own webpage, then we can take it to the next level and create it (or one of his supporters/staffers can).

But I think it would help filter the GJ topics out of the MSRPF boards, and possibly cause less divisiveness

Kotin
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
This. I truly don't think Ron will run in '12, especially if he has his way with the Fed and monetary policy.

Johnson (or any, or all, of the GOP hopefuls) should ask Paul, early on in the campaign, to be Treasury Secretary.

well you are most likely wrong in your assumption that Ron will not run.. if you asked me, I'd say he is definitely running..

Gary Johnson can support him in the debates, but we must all be clear on the fact that Ron Paul is our guy.. we laid all the ground work for this run in 2007-2008, and now we can make a serious run.. no, its unlikely we will win, but Ron Paul has much better name recognition than Gary Johnson and is in a much better position to maximize the presidential run for educational purposes..

Ron Paul must be our guy..

Elwar
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
There are a lot of n00bs that come to the forum after hearing about Johnson and are like "Hey guys! Check out this guy Gary Johnson!!!".

A subforum would allow them to come here and say...oh, I guess they already know about him...and I can read about what's been going on with him here.

It would save the redundant "Johnson will divide us", "Johnson in the debates will be great", "I won't vote for a guy who kills babies", "Johnson was supported by the New Mexico pro-life groups", etc...every time he comes up in General Politics. Now they'll all have their own threads.

specsaregood
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Ron clearly supports Johnson's candidacy. And Johnson supported his. I vote yes.

Elwar
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
If the demand is high enough for his own webpage, then we can take it to the next level and create it (or one of his supporters/staffers can).

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com :)

#3 on a google search for "Gary Johnson".
#1 for a search on "Gary Johnson 2012".

Elwar
11-08-2010, 01:18 PM
YouTube - Gary Johnson 2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwjVRXjjir0&feature=player_embedded)

Bergie Bergeron
11-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Couldn't hurt, as long as there isn't a Ron Paul 2012 vs Gary Johnson 2012 flame war.

Lucille
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
well you are most likely wrong in your assumption that Ron will not run.. if you asked me, I'd say he is definitely running..

Gary Johnson can support him in the debates, but we must all be clear on the fact that Ron Paul is our guy.. we laid all the ground work for this run in 2007-2008, and now we can make a serious run.. no, its unlikely we will win, but Ron Paul has much better name recognition than Gary Johnson and is in a much better position to maximize the presidential run for educational purposes..

Don't get me wrong. Ron is my top choice. I just don't think he'll run if he makes headway against the Fed and on monetary policy.

Wren
11-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Having written a brand new book that can be compared to his "Revolution" book, I'd say that there is good chance RP will run. Gary Johnson is a simplified version of Ron Paul. He does not have the knowledge that RP has when it comes to foreign policy or economics.

YouTube - Gary Johnson The New Ron Paul! pt.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zXaPIc5bMc)

Fast foward to 4:15 and you can hear him agree with hannity

Iraqis owe us? For killing a couple million innocent people, turning that country into a war zone, polluting their land w/ depleted uranium, among a hundred other things?

Elwar
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Having written a brand new book that can be compared to his "Revolution" book, I'd say that there is good chance RP will run. Gary Johnson is a simplified version of Ron Paul. He does not have the knowledge that RP has when it comes to foreign policy or economics.

Johnson is certainly not the statesman of Ron Paul...but he gets libertarianism and why it works.

Suzu
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
IMO it would be almost like having a Gurley Martin subforum in the 2010 candidates section along with Rand Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Gary Johnson running + Ron Paul not running = death of movement

malkusm
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Wait for Gary to officially announce, and then put it up. But, I don't see a conflict between having a Gary subforum alongside the Rand subforum.

Kotin
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Gary Johnson running + Ron Paul not running = death of movement

Agreed.. But it won't happen.. Ron will run.. But will GJ make it easier or harder on him?

specsaregood
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
IMO it would be almost like having a Gurley Martin subforum in the 2010 candidates section along with Rand Paul.

Not even close. Mr. Johnson is a credible candidate and has executive experience as a successful governor. Most presidents have such a background.

Anti Federalist
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM

That ^^^^ +1776

klamath
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Not even close. Mr. Johnson is a credible candidate and has executive experience as a successful governor. Most presidents have such a background. I think you missed the point. Would it have helped Rand to promote the man he was running against as well? What if Grayson had been a pretty darn good candidate, just not as good as Rand. Would it have helped Rand for Josh to have a Grayson subforum next to Rand's?

specsaregood
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I think you missed the point. Would it have helped Rand to promote the man he was running against as well? What if Grayson had been a pretty darn good candidate, just not as good as Rand. Would it have helped Rand for Josh to have a Grayson subforum next to Rand's?

I missed no point. gurley martin was not a credible candidate. Dr. Paul has encouraged Mr. Johnson to run and Johnson endorsed Dr. Paul in 2008. It isn't even close to a valid comparison. No doubt if it comes down the wire an Johnson has gotten no traction or Dr. Paul does he will drop out and endorse Ron and vice-versa. In which case, having a place to help watch and promote Johnsons campaign can only be a good thing.

trey4sports
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
It's not a foregone conclusion Ron Paul is running in 2012 so I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. I think having a Johnson sub-forum is a great idea

klamath
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I hear this batted around like it is some great absolute fact.
Gary Johnson will drop out before the first primaries. Somebody please show me a quote of GJ saying he would drop out before the NH primary?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Not even close. Mr. Johnson is a credible candidate.....

Well, Gurley Martin's 2% when he was running is better than Gary Johnson's current 1% or even 'N/A' in the polls.

Johnson running and then dropping out when the obvious occurs to me wastes time and, most importantly: money. Can you imagine all the arguing and in-fighting about all facets of the money bombs if they're both running? It's only going to serve to unnecessarily handicap Ron Paul's fundraising ability I think.

Maximus
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
As others have said, we need to draft him for Senator

Let's have a forum dedicated to that.

johnrocks
11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I like the idea.

Daamien
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes, and also reinstate the Schiff 2010 forum but rename it Schiff 2012.

JoshLowry
11-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the input thus far.

I do think taking the Schiff board down was a mistake. Think he will run in 2012?

Daamien
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the input thus far.

I do think taking the Schiff board down was a mistake. Think he will run in 2012?

He won't rule it out and PPP did a poll which showed him ahead of Lieberman (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/10/connecticut-down-on-lieberman.html), so I'd say he's strongly considering another run. He also was in an article over the weekend saying how much of a better candidate he was than Linda (http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Simmons-and-Schiff-We-were-better-Senate-801365.php), which could be posturing for a 2012 run. Perhaps just leave off the 2012 for the time being.

Elwar
11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Somebody please show me a quote of GJ saying he would drop out before the NH primary?

He has indicated that he's in this for the long haul, as in 2016 and beyond.

Why would he try to screw over Ron Paul's grass roots in 2012, knowing that it's those grassroots that he'll need for the long haul.

I think Johnson's best bet would be if Republicans finally realized that marijuana laws were stupid and wanted a candidate that has been on the right side of that issue. Unfortunately, if Prop 19 is any indicator, Republicans haven't come that far yet.

Hopefully they've come that far on the needless wars and will support Ron Paul.

Either way, politics is insane. The wars were the big issue during the primaries and then it all turned around and the economy was the big issue. Who knows what the issues will be in one year.

specsaregood
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
What are your thoughts on Gary Johnson?
Time to create a subforum for his 2012 run?
I registered GaryJohnsonForums.com a year or so ago.
What do you think?

I think Dr. Paul would support this idea.

muzzled dogg
11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
yes with an asterisk

Todd
11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I haven't been around here a long time, but I would vote no. RP 2012 needs all resources we can get.

Until Ron says no...I think attention to a presidency should be minimal.

that sounds good.

Meatwasp
11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Johnson for senator but not against Ron for president.

JohnEngland
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
If Gary Johnson runs for 2012 (which he blatantly is), will that discourage Ron Paul from running? We wouldn't want to split the vote. Hmm...

speciallyblend
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
yes ,no other choices are worth a dam in the gop but Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. The rest of the crooks cannot be trusted!!

Fr3shjive
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing him having a sub-forum if he was actually running for office. It'd be nice to see him in the house or senate. We need as many liberty minded rep in Washington as we can get and with his resume I think he'd have an excellent shot of gettin in.

speciallyblend
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM

I am onboard to support gary johnson since he is running in 2012. I surely will not waste one dime on ron paul 2012 until he wins the nomination or announces or runs indy!

I am going to support gary johnson for Prez as a republican. I cannot wait for Ron Paul or the failed gop ! The bottom line is i will have to vote 3rd party,since the failed gop will do everything in their power to make sure ron paul or gary johnson do not get the nomination,on that note i am voting 3rd party!

I am beginning to think ron paul shouldn't bother so we can focus on gary johnson!! The GOP will do everything to make sure i cannot vote republican this i have faith in!!

I hope Rand Paul grows some balls or he will just become another gop establishment tool!! The track record for the gop is just as good as the dems worthless!! gary johnson and ron paul running in 2012 for the nomination would just split the vote and back to the gop bs!! I doubt either will win the nomination due to corruption within the gop!! The republican party is not smart enough for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson!!

Rand Paul needs to address the real problem not obama but the gop leadership!!

Kotin
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I am onboard to support gary johnson since he is running in 2012. I surely will not waste one dime on ron paul 2012 until he wins the nomination or announces or runs indy!

I am going to support gary johnson for Prez as a republican. I cannot wait for Ron Paul or the failed gop ! The bottom line is i will have to vote 3rd party,since the failed gop will do everything in their power to make sure ron paul or gary johnson do not get the nomination,on that note i am voting 3rd party!

I am beginning to think ron paul shouldn't bother so we can focus on gary johnson!! The GOP will do everything to make sure i cannot vote republican this i have faith in!!

I hope Rand Paul grows some balls or he will just become another gop establishment tool!! The track record for the gop is just as good as the dems worthless!! gary johnson and ron paul running in 2012 for the nomination would just split the vote and back to the gop bs!! I doubt either will win the nomination due to corruption within the gop!! The republican party is not smart enough for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson!!

Rand Paul needs to address the real problem not obama but the gop leadership!!

sorry but what you are proposing would result in utter failure for our movement.

Gary Johnson has NO NAME RECOGNITION, even in New Mexico its not huge..

do you want to waste all the work we did in 2007-2008 laying the ground work for Ron to run seriously in 2012?

WHO JUST WON CPAC THIS YEAR??? was it gary johnson?? or did gary johnson come in like last place??

do you hear yourself??

did Gary Johnson's son just get elected as Kentucky's junior United States Senator?? NO!!!!

gary johnson is a great guy and a good candidate.. BUT NOT FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012..

IF YOU PERSUE THIS YOU WILL ONLY BE AN OBSTACLE FOR THOSE OF US WHO KNOW RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE FOR US IN 2012

Gary Johnson can run some other year.... Ron Paul 2012!

Imaginos
11-09-2010, 12:58 PM
This.
Johnson is better than most but he is NO Ron Paul.
IMHO we should squeeze out and pour all the available resource (donation, volunteering, and etc.) to Ron Paul not others.
Splitting the resource could be a terrible mistake for us.
Even if we pour everything we got for Ron Paul 2012, it still will be a very hard fight.

Zap!
11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm shocked there wasn't a Mike Lee or Joe Miller one.

speciallyblend
11-09-2010, 02:57 PM
sorry but what you are proposing would result in utter failure for our movement.

Gary Johnson has NO NAME RECOGNITION, even in New Mexico its not huge..

do you want to waste all the work we did in 2007-2008 laying the ground work for Ron to run seriously in 2012?

WHO JUST WON CPAC THIS YEAR??? was it gary johnson?? or did gary johnson come in like last place??

do you hear yourself??

did Gary Johnson's son just get elected as Kentucky's junior United States Senator?? NO!!!!

gary johnson is a great guy and a good candidate.. BUT NOT FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012..

IF YOU PERSUE THIS YOU WILL ONLY BE AN OBSTACLE FOR THOSE OF US WHO KNOW RON PAUL IS THE ONLY ONE FOR US IN 2012

Gary Johnson can run some other year.... Ron Paul 2012!

i am talking on the premises that ron paul is not running so for now my support is behind gary! i doubt the gop will allow gary or ron paul get the gop nomination so in the end i will be voting 3rd party because of the failures of the gop! I really see no one left in the gop but gary or ron with any credibilty left so i hope the gop delegates wake the f up because if they do not nominate gary or ron .I will be voting against the 2012 republican,knowing the gop tactics i highly doubt gary or ron will get the nomination, so i will continue to support Gary or Ron but lack any faith in the failed gop.It has me thinking 3rd party if gary or ron do not get the gop nomination!! Gary is running for 2012 ,ron paul is not that i have heard. If Ron Paul wants support, Then he needs to announce now! my gut feeling is if Ron announces and gary is running neither of them will get the nomination within the gop unless republicans wake up which i doubt they will!! I will support Gary until Ron announces but if Ron announces and gary runs i highly doubt we will get a nomination for either,so in my best interest i am looking 3rd party. I have written off the lp since the bob barr crap but maybe the lp will get some common sense eventually if not? There will not be anyone worth voting for in 2012 other then writing in Ron Paul! I highly doubt we have enough liberty republicans to overcome 2 liberty candidates running for primary splitting the vote! I expect the same ole bs from the gop in 2012! If Ron or Gary do not run in the gop or run indy. I will see no point in voting unless a neo-con/gop establishment/right-winger is running then i might have to consider the worse vote ever to stop the gop candidate!!

DeadheadForPaul
11-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes to a sub-forum

Elwar
11-09-2010, 03:05 PM
With a sub-forum I could link to this site's garyjohnsonforums from garyjohnson2012.com and not have to create a gary johnson forum there.

Plus you'd have a lot more people coming here who might not have before.

Bergie Bergeron
11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Do it.