PDA

View Full Version : Tea Parties and the Stupid Party By W. James Antle, III

bobbyw24
11-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Andrew Pavelyev is at it again. On Friday, I pointed out that there wasn't much evidence for his argument that even winning Tea Party candidates like Rand Paul and Marco Rubio cost Republicans Senate seats by diverting resources that could have been better spent elsewhere. He responds: "Antle says that extra campaign money would have hardly made any difference in California, while I actually very specifically mentioned a much closer race in Washington State."

Well, he actually very specifically mentioned the California race too, with his reference to vulnerable "liberal Democrats (such as Barbara Boxer)." No matter. Let's look at the Washington State Senate contest. The National Republican Senatorial Committee did spend $3 million there in the closing weeks. Maybe the other $1 million Pavelyev is dreaming about would have made the difference, but somehow it seems that Dino Rossi has lost two previous close statewide races in Washington, neither of which can be blamed on Rand Paul or Marco Rubio. By the time the NRSC made its last infusion of cash, Paul and Rubio were both polling well ahead of Rossi -- and their own opponents.

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/11/08/tea-parties-and-the-stupid-par

sailingaway
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Who cares? Look at how much they had to spend to get McConnell elected last time, and what a small vote margin he had, next to Rand. The reason they had to spend so much on Rand was because the left tried to make him the face of the GOP and fought him across the country. If Rand hadn't run, they'd have picked someone else the GOP would have had to defend.

AParadigmShift
11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
"...while I actually very specifically mentioned a much closer race in Washington State."
http://spectator.org/blog/2010/11/08/tea-parties-and-the-stupid-par

Fat. chance. that.

If you cannot make a dent in Western Washington, specifically King County, which compromises the Seattle~Metro area, you're sunk.

And Seattle is as left-liberal leaning as you can get, and no amount of poured in monies to a milquetoast Republican is going to sway that vote.

Now, for Congress, run a John Dennis~type, and you may just grab a district or two.