PDA

View Full Version : From $10,000 and apartment HQ to TOP TIER!

max
10-19-2007, 11:05 PM
It's pretty awesome what we pulled off. A complete unknown with $10,000 anounces his candidacy. The media blacks him out but our grasssroots efforts alone have put him into the top tier.

RP is not the first unknown to suddenly come out of nowhere and become a household name. Think Clinton, Carter, Obama, etc.

But all of those guys were artificial creations of media hype. RP got his "top tier" status SOLELY because of we the people! The rigged debates couldnt stop us. The blackout couldnt stop us.

Our flyers, our donations, our Meetup actons, and our revolution banners worked!

You should all be proud. Now that the RP cat is out of the bag, I can only imagine how many other people will "google ron paul" and have the same "religious conversion" that many of you felt when u first heard him.

We are on our way...but still have lots of work to do.

RevolutionSD
10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
The mainstream media was promoting Obama in 2004 as the next great dem hope. He hasn't exactly come out of nowhere. But yes, it is fantastic what we've done so far! Let's just keep it up at the same pace and I'm sure we will all be happy with the results come 2008 primary season.

BLS
10-19-2007, 11:42 PM
The mainstream media was promoting Obama in 2004 as the next great dem hope. He hasn't exactly come out of nowhere. But yes, it is fantastic what we've done so far! Let's just keep it up at the same pace and I'm sure we will all be happy with the results come 2008 primary season.

Not to be a downer, and no disrespect to you, but doing what we are currently doing ain't gonna be enough IMO.

We have to DOUBLE our efforts.
We NEED TO RECRUIT more supporters. Iowa is in 76 days.

For me...to put it into perspective, that only 5 pay periods.
that's not very far away.

Primbs
10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
It is a great story about starting with nothing and growing into a large force.

While there is much work to do, with the increase in coverage more volunteers will show up to help us do that work.

While there are many obstacles, the person and cause are right.

SouthernGuy15
10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Keep him on top by donating!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Johncjackson
10-19-2007, 11:58 PM
While certainly a huge accomplishment, I wouldn't say RP started from nothing. He had a solid base of supporters from his previous campaigns, including a lot of out of state donors and LP/CP types who have revered him for 20-30 years and wanted to draft him for president for a long time. When he declared ( and even before) there were a lot of people lined up waiting to help him out. Not "a lot" as in enough to win, but enough to get a good base.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 12:24 AM
A complete unknown with $10,000 anounces his candidacy. The media blacks him out but our grasssroots efforts alone have put him into the top tier.

RP is not the first unknown to suddenly come out of nowhere and become a household name. Think Clinton, Carter, Obama, etc.
Ron Paul was not a complete unknown.

libertythor
10-20-2007, 12:37 AM
I donated to his congressional campaign in 2002.

RP4ME
10-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I keep hearing HUCKABEE could win in IOWA? I know he is not gonna quit if he thinks he can upset Paul!