PDA

View Full Version : How do we stop Boehner from becoming Speaker?

Matt Collins
11-08-2010, 10:43 AM
This guy voted for the TARP bailout and a whole host of other things. How do we stop him from becoming speaker? :confused:

I think there might be a chance that if the Liberty / Tea Party movement puts enough pressure on the GOP (specifically the incoming Congressman) that we might have a chance to if not stop it, at least let them know that we don't accept it.

libertythor
11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
This sounds like an good action alert to spread virally!

BuddyRey
11-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I thought it was pretty much a done-deal. Is there actually a way to defeat his appointment?

Liberty4life
11-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Ron Paul for speaker!!

Yell it! scream it!

They can hear us all the way from the 2012 election polls!

tekkierich
11-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Vote democrat last week.

Elwar
11-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Perhaps we can ask him politely.

NewFederalist
11-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Reach across the aisle to the Blue Dogs and put up a bipartisan candidate. He (or she) might not win but it could scare the bejabbers out of both Pelosi and Boehner and give the media some fresh perspective on politics within the beltway.

freshjiva
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Matt, I have no clue how to do this, but we clearly will be in the minority. I think most Republicans are generally in support of Mr. Boehner getting Speakership.

But anyway, I just clicked on that link in your signature and pledged.

I don't care that I only earn $40K/yr. When Ron announces, I will contribute the maximum allowed under the law.

Matt Collins
11-08-2010, 11:18 AM
YouTube - RINO Alert: John Boehner Voted for the TARP Bailout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ja9q386ek&feature=player_embedded)

VBRonPaulFan
11-08-2010, 11:24 AM
YouTube - RINO Alert: John Boehner Voted for the TARP Bailout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ja9q386ek&feature=player_embedded)

oh man that is gold right there. it's amazing how incredibly short the memory of people are.

itshappening
11-08-2010, 11:30 AM
oh man that is gold right there. it's amazing how incredibly short the memory of people are.

our memories are not short, there's just nothing we can do about Boehner. he is in a powerful position along with the rest of the GOP "leadership" who all voted for the bailout

They're all evil and that speech was horrible

For every Rand Paul there is a Rob Portman or a Dan Coats, total establishment hacks who will be voting for bailouts, war and big govt

Matt Collins
11-08-2010, 11:38 AM
our memories are not short, there's just nothing we can do about Boehner. he is in a powerful position along with the rest of the GOP "leadership" who all voted for the bailout I agree that we may not be able to win this fight, but we can make some "conservative" Congresscritters squirm in the process.

Theocrat
11-08-2010, 11:40 AM
We can't stop Boehner from becoming Speaker of the House. The man is a beast in politics! He's more unstoppable than Bruce Willis on a train to Philadelphia. I heard he visited Iraq one time, walked right in the middle of a gun fight, and it ceased just so both sides could hear him speak! Another time, Boehner asked Bernanke if he could see his books, and Bernanke actually showed him for fear of getting shut down! I'm telling you, Boehner is a force to be dealt with.

Valli6
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Likewise for Spencer Bachus (committee chair) and Eric Cantor.
Why must we accept putting proven screw-ups in charge?! :mad:

libertythor
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I have heard that saltpeter will stop a boner! :p

But seriously, we need to start reaching out to the Tea Party groups and look at trying to pressure congress into not naming Boehner as the speaker.

pcosmar
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
[Suggestion Deleted]

:cool:

nobody's_hero
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM

Statistics show that the average length of memory for the American voter is exactly two years.

[Suggestion Deleted]

:cool:

:D

libertythor
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Statistics show that the average length of memory for the American voter is exactly two years.

:D

The American voter does have the memory of a goldfish.

Matt Collins
11-08-2010, 12:03 PM
The American voter does have the memory of a goldfish.

http://www.cosmoedu.net/images/bovard-bookcover.jpg

http://books.google.com/books?id=EemQvsO3QcwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=attention+deficit+democracy+bovard&source=bl&ots=fibW2AMky-&sig=payintbMcbot5YYY3rkxl8VT7bA&hl=en&ei=OjvYTJGGA4OC8gbn4J3VBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

RPgrassrootsactivist
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
If anyone here is particularly skilled at dealing with talk radio hosts, I would recommend calling into Glenn Beck's radio show, explaining how Boehner is a statist, and suggesting that listeners start calling their GOP members of Congress (especially the new Tea Party victors; many of their campaign offices are probably still open) and demanding they reject Boehner as Speaker and elect someone like Ron Paul (or at least Walter Jones, or some other House member who comes somewhat close to Ron). It may also be a good opportunity to mention that people should demand Ron be made chairman of the Financial Services Committee.

vita3
11-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Pelosi fought against the wall street bailout or tarp.. Boehener fought for it.

The GOP hates Pelosi & supports Boehner & pretends its all about reducing GOV.

What a COLLECTIVE joke.

BuddyRey
11-09-2010, 01:34 AM
I suppose we could all make a good start blocking Boehner's ascent by joining this group and organizing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oppose-John-Boehner-for-Speaker/130419400345902

Valli6
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Do you think Boehner should be challenged for role of Speaker?

_ No, Boehner's the one for the job (50%)

_ Yes, there are others who should be considered (41%)

_ Not sure, but someone might throw their name in while he's tanning (9%)

http://dailycaller.com/ (scroll down, left side)

Slutter McGee
11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
We have limited political capital. Not a fight we need to start right now.

Slutter McGee

Matt Collins
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't understand why no one is making a push about this? :confused:

Liberty4life
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I totally agree Boehner should not be speaker.

IMHO he's an establishment guy. And will push to see larger government,
More restrictions on freedom.

If we here keep raising a stink about it, people may hear it and start thinking of
alternatives.

Ron Paul for Speaker.

libertythor
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
I suppose we could all make a good start blocking Boehner's ascent by joining this group and organizing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oppose-John-Boehner-for-Speaker/130419400345902

Be sure to recommend it to all of your Facebook friends too.

cindy25
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Boehner is harmless political hack

target Cantor

Imperial
11-15-2010, 02:46 AM
This guy voted for the TARP bailout and a whole host of other things. How do we stop him from becoming speaker? :confused:

I think there might be a chance that if the Liberty / Tea Party movement puts enough pressure on the GOP (specifically the incoming Congressman) that we might have a chance to if not stop it, at least let them know that we don't accept it.

We don't.

Seriously, he just got a massive majority in the House. Do you seriously think they won't give a winner in a safe district the job? Most of the Republicans are incumbents. He won't be speaker.

A better fight would be to save Michael Steele's job. He has been very friendly to us this cycle, we could use somebody who is reliant upon us for a constituency and won't sick attack dogs on us in 2012.

Vote democrat last week.

Lol.

cindy25
11-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Boehner is not the problem. The power lies with Cantor, who is a rainmaker on the level of Pelosi.

if Cantor keeps his seat he will be Speaker in a few years, and someday president.

Graham and Cantor must be top targets.

sailingaway
11-15-2010, 06:09 AM
I think we can't really impact this since Canter would just sail in. I think we CAN impact primarying both Boehner and Canter if Ron doesn't get his subcommittee chairman position. And I think we should, and will, should that happen.

sailingaway
11-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Pelosi fought against the wall street bailout or tarp.. Boehener fought for it.

The GOP hates Pelosi & supports Boehner & pretends its all about reducing GOV.

What a COLLECTIVE joke.

Pelosi fought for TARP tooth and nail. Then tried to blame the GOP for it entirely even though more GOP voted against it than Dems did. It was GOP who beat it back the first time in the House.

Matt Collins
11-15-2010, 10:39 AM
A better fight would be to save Michael Steele's job. He has been very friendly to us this cycle, we could use somebody who is reliant upon us for a constituency and won't sick attack dogs on us in 2012.Fighting against someone is politically better than fighting for someone.