PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to pull a "Dobson" on the neo-cons?

Anti Federalist
10-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Dobson, of course, being the "influential" titular head of the religious right, who suggested a couple of weeks ago that they, the RR, would go home and not vote for a pro choice presidential candidate, a not so veiled swipe at the Ghoul.

So the question is, should we do the same?

Consider:

The good Dr. has said a number of times he would not run as third party candidate, but that doesn't mean we can't run him, meaning that, no matter what happens, he has our votes even if having to write them in, which is what I intend to do in any case.

The sad fact is that, even with the large "crossover" and "disgruntled" vote, the neos still have a substantial grip on the republican party.

It seems a given that the "fix is in" on the other side, barring some large event, Hill will be the nominee.

The neo-cons fear only one thing more than the "hay-rabs" and that's the Harpy.

We have tried facts, cajoling, soft talk and more on the hide bound neos, maybe a little threat will work:

"You vote for RP in the primary or else...or else we leave you high and dry, and guaranteeing a Hill victory."

noxagol
10-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Absolutely. They think all of this new members to the party are going to support the party. Hell no! We are here to support Ron Paul and that is it. The day after the RNC, if Ron Paul is not the nominee, I change my party affiliation to Independent.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Absolutely. They think all of this new members to the party are going to support the party. Hell no! We are here to support Ron Paul and that is it. The day after the RNC, if Ron Paul is not the nominee, I change my party affiliation to Independent.

You mean like the time the RNC called begging for money and I told them all my money was going to a specific campaign...Ron Paul's?

:D

FrankRep
10-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't like anyone else in the Republican party. They will lose my vote if Ron Paul doesn't win the primary.

Note that I've voted Republican in the past.

Grandson of Liberty
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Longtime Republican here. . .if RP doesn't get the nod, the Repubs don't get my vote. Can't decide if I'll actually take the time to re-register independent or not.

Brent H
10-20-2007, 01:04 AM
I voted for George Bush twice.
I am a lifelong Republican.
I became a Precinct Committee Officer several months ago for the sole purpose of supporting Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul is not the Republican nominee, I'm out of the party and voting for Hillary, as the Republican Party needs an enema.

fj45lvr
10-20-2007, 02:13 AM
well......the NEO-Conned will lose either way (unless they are masters of the diebold or a nice falseflag attack is timed right).

I think it woud be GOOD GREAT AWESOME to: have our own DECLARATION (a mini-INDEPENDENCE) to draw the line in the sand to tyrants. This would be the right thing to do....it is would CLEARLY outline the reasoning and the issues that seperate LIBERTY from TYRANNY.

Only those who are Republican should sign it and they could list how long they have been in the party.

!!

literatim
10-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I am a Republican, I was one of the few 6.6% that came out to the polls for Bush. I will only vote for Ron Paul.

tfelice
10-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Republican for 20+ years here. I will not vote for a CFR endorsed candidate again. If Ron Paul does not win the nomination, then I will likely vote for the Constitution Party or Libertarian Party candidate.

robatsu
10-20-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm the fifth generation of lifelong republican. If the repubs don't nominate RP, I'm writing him in.

philipsantamaria
10-20-2007, 07:49 AM
voted for bush, will ONLY vote ROn Paul...will write him in no matter what.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Based on what I've seen and heard, these comments seem to indicate the norm.

So that works out to quite few disgruntled "ex- pubs", myself included, walking.

More than enough to throw this thing.

I think we all need to start making that very clear to the GOP establishment and the neos.

SpicyItalian739
10-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Guys, I have a brilliant idea based on fj45lvr's post.

If I do write a Re-Affirmation of Independence that reaffirms our rights and lays out our grievances - will you all help me edit it - and then we can have every meetup group get a few pages of actual hard signatures and send them all to me with the master hand-written document? If we do this right and get enough signatures to the GOP before the primary, at the very least we might actually get media coverage. I think we have enough supporters. It could be a powerful message.

jacmicwag
10-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Independent. Write in - Ron Paul. Too much skin in this game to do anything else.