PDA

View Full Version : Just read End The Fed again...

Sola_Fide
11-08-2010, 08:29 AM
...just to brush up on my arguments.

And it just strikes me how illiterate even "small-government conservatives" are in regards to monetary policy. Conservatives still don't understand that a central bank with the power to print fiat money is the CAUSE of big government itself.

You cannot have a small government if you have a central banking fiat system...the two cannot exist together. The FED is the reason for government growth. Without ending it, it doesn't matter how many "small-government" types we elect.

I was really encouraged this election season when I saw some people at our Tea Party Patriot meetings with End The Fed books. I struck up more than a few conversations with people who were just coming around to the understanding that the FED manipulating interest was at the root of our boom and bust cycles.

I think we have to make this case to conservatives in 2012. Auditing and ending the FED has to be front and center. Let's let NO ONE get away with calling themselves a "small government conservative" while defending this morally evil cartel of debasement.

P.S. If you are trying to convince a "conservative Christian" that the FED is evil and immoral, give them Scripture. Scripture condemns unjust weights and measures in multiple places. God expressly forbids debasement...it is theft.

"You shall do no injustice in judgement, in measure of length, weight, or volume. You shall have just balances, just weights..." -Leviticus 19:35-36

"Diverse weights are an abmination to the Lord, and a false balance is not good." -Proverbs 20:23

"You shall not steal" -Exodus 20:15

georgiaboy
11-08-2010, 08:59 AM
P.S. If you are trying to convince a "conservative Christian" that the FED is evil and immoral, give them Scripture. Scripture condemns unjust weights and measures in multiple places. God expressly forbids debasement...it is theft.

"You shall do no injustice in judgement, in measure of length, weight, or volume. You shall have just balances, just weights..." -Leviticus 19:35-36

"Diverse weights are an abmination to the Lord, and a false balance is not good." -Proverbs 20:23

"You shall not steal" -Exodus 20:15

Additionally, where is the only place in scripture where Jesus shows outright rage?

Moneychangers in the temple. Lots of interpretations to that, but just sayin'.

Travlyr
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
"Conservatives still don't understand that a central bank with the power to print fiat money is the CAUSE of big government itself."

A lot of people don't get this yet.
Even today we'll see veteran posters on RPF's claiming that governments always expand... that they are designed that way... even when the language in the Constitution specifically limits the expansion of government.
All while fiat money inflation robs them and grows unconstitutional government.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Even today we'll see veteran posters on RPF's claiming that governments always expand... that they are designed that way... even when the language in the Constitution specifically limits the expansion of government.

Um...the Government grew when we didn't have a National Bank (and had a commodity currency). The nature of the monopolist is to grow their power, not shrink it. Besides, business interests will always corrupt it because it is easier/cheapier to grab the reins of the monopoly than it is to have to compete for business.

Theocrat
11-08-2010, 09:18 AM

I agree, and it's the same problem that people who blame the free market for our current economic woes do not comprehend. In a free market system, there would be no central bank, manipulating interest rates and printing huge sums of fiat money.

Sola_Fide
11-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Um...the Government grew when we didn't have a National Bank (and had a commodity currency).

I don't neccessarily disagree, but I would just say that it was very difficult for government expansion (even in wartime) because the debt was not passed on to future generations through inflation by simply printing money...the debts were paid by the current generation. When the spending DIRECTLY affects your pocketbook, the people reject the spending.

The nature of the monopolist is to grow their power, not shrink it. Besidesbusiness interests will always corrupt it because it is easier/cheapier to grab the reins of the monopoly than it is to have to compete for business.

I completely agree with this too ..but look at how much central banking has facilitated the entangling alliance of business and government. It is impossible to fight against this corporatism without ending the FED.

Travlyr
11-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Um...the Government grew when we didn't have a National Bank (and had a commodity currency). The nature of the monopolist is to grow their power, not shrink it. Besides, business interests will always corrupt it because it is easier/cheapier to grab the reins of the monopoly than it is to have to compete for business.
I agree that people who gravitate toward governmental roles will always try and gain more power. Yet, still it would be much easier for an aware public to restrict government power grabbing actions if the people controlled the money supply.

Sola_Fide
11-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Additionally, where is the only place in scripture where Jesus shows outright rage?

Moneychangers in the temple. Lots of interpretations to that, but just sayin'.

Exactly!

The temple money-changers would take the journeyers currency and change it into "temple currency", which the journeyers could use to buy animals and other things for sacrifices. The money-changers would frequently cheat the journeyers by not changing the currency at an honest rate.

What did Jesus say? He said, "It is written, my house shall be called a house of prayer, but you make it a den of theives!" And he overturned the tables and drove them out of the temple in a rage.

How the vast majority of "Christians" in America can be okay with our central banking cartel is mind-blowing to me. The mainline churches are FERTILE GROUNDS for the message of sound money. The Bible teaches honest money. God forbids dishonest scales. Jesus was enraged at the debasement of the money-changers. In no way can a Christian who actually reads his Bible be okay with the FED. The Liberty movement has a genuine opportunity to make inroads here!