PDA

View Full Version : Post one liner responses for Rand here!

teacherone
11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
We gave Rand "I've been a Kentuckian longer than Grayson's been a Republican". Let's give him a few more!

To defeat the left's attacks!

low preference guy

When the lady mentioned

Quote:
Most economists say the budget can't be balanced without increasing taxes

I wished Rand responded with

"Most economists said there wasn't a housing bubble"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-08-2010, 07:00 AM
If nothing else he can just always say "Don't make me go get my Dad".

malkusm
11-08-2010, 07:02 AM
When they ask him "What specifically will you cut?" I want him to start naming pedantic programs that no one's ever heard of.

"I would eliminate the Broadcasting Board of Governors. I would eliminate the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. I would eliminate the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee."

"Yes, but those are all drops in the bucket."

"Yes, but there are hundreds of programs like this that don't do a whole lot that have to come to the top of the list, and they add up. Do you really want specifics, or are you just asking me rhetorical trap questions? I'd also look at military waste and reforming entitlements."

teacherone
11-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Awesome! He should take a look at the most frightening web-page on the internet. (http://www.usa.gov/Agencies/Federal/All_Agencies/index.shtml) or better yet lead people to this website. most citizens have no idea the waste that big government produces.

When they ask him "What specifically will you cut?" I want him to start naming pedantic programs that no one's ever heard of.

"I would eliminate the Broadcasting Board of Governors. I would eliminate the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. I would eliminate the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee."

"Yes, but there are hundreds of programs like this that don't do a whole lot that have to come to the top of the list, and they add up. Do you really want specifics, or are you just asking me rhetorical trap questions? I'd also look at military waste and reforming entitlements."

sailingaway
11-08-2010, 08:23 AM
If nothing else he can just always say "Don't make me go get my Dad".

LOL!

But seriously, HER kind of economists are all Keynesian. That is basically one single voice.

Dreamofunity
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
$12 million in tax dollars to fund the new Domino's Pizza commercials. Totally a legitimate role for government.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/07/1818826/watch-your-weight-and-pass-the.html

Cut Dairy Managment and the Department of Agriculture.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
$12 million in tax dollars to fund the new Domino's Pizza commercials. Totally a legitimate role for government.

If it was an earmark, many here would give it a thumbs up. :rolleyes:

kentukblue
11-08-2010, 09:28 AM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/07/1818826/watch-your-weight-and-pass-the.html

Cut Dairy Managment and the Department of Agriculture.

WOW....Im not naive enough to believe this is a isolated story but how infuriating. Some of the farmers in this country are just as bloated as the bankers or more.

amisspelledword
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM

ahaha

wow

i love it

teacherone
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
not a one liner but a good retort nonetheless

A filibuster can be overturned by 60 votes.

This point must be made every time someone fear mongers the use of a filibuster.

This means that it takes 41 US Senators to make a filibuster happen.

Make the 60 Senators who wish to raise the debt ceiling step up to the plate.