PDA

View Full Version : My burning question

Suzu
10-19-2007, 10:31 PM
If someone supporting a candidate and has sent that candidate money, and they change their mind, can they get their contribution refunded? Suppose I convert a Hillary or JulieAnnie supporter to RP, and that person has donated to the other campaign. Can they get that money back (to send to RP instead)? What's the actual law on this issue?

demosthenes
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
I would highly doubt it, unless of course its a tainted donation.. but were talking about hillary... so even then...

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
No, it can't be. Sorry :(

RP4ME
10-19-2007, 10:35 PM
where does residual money go for candidate sthat bow out? to teh RNC or to teh candidate they endorse?

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:37 PM
where does residual money go for candidate sthat bow out? to teh RNC or to teh candidate they endorse?

some, to other candidates, some to themselves if they run another campaign. Like it is said if Dr Paul loses, he can use it for his congressional run. Talk about a war chest, millions compared to Chris Peden's $8000 or less :eek:

JosephTheLibertarian
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
If someone supporting a candidate and has sent that candidate money, and they change their mind, can they get their contribution refunded? Suppose I convert a Hillary or JulieAnnie supporter to RP, and that person has donated to the other campaign. Can they get that money back (to send to RP instead)? What's the actual law on this issue?

just make a chargeback lol

CurtisLow
10-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Put a Stop payment on it? Credit card tell them you put the wrong amount in? Not $100.00 it was $1.00 lol good luck!

katao
10-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I've read of a Mitt Romney supporter who asked for his donation back in a letter, and the campaign contacted him and arranged for a refund. It can't hurt to ask...