PDA

View Full Version : Think Progress is REALLY unhappy about Rand wanting regulations to have to be voted

sailingaway
11-07-2010, 10:16 PM
on by Congress within 6 months or they sunset.

"Rand Paul, the GOP’s Senate hopeful in Kentucky, wants to eliminate the power of White House officials to create rules unilaterally — a change that would have an enormous impact on a healthcare reform law that punts hundreds (if not thousands) of decisions to the Health and Human Services Department."

h xxp://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/11/02/rules-gop/

low preference guy
11-07-2010, 10:18 PM
why is it that i smile whenever somebody is unhappy with Rand?

Andrew-Austin
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
That sounds very undemocratic of them.

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm getting lobbed at by "Progressive Pulse" some radical liberal name of Chris Fitzsimon seems to really hate liberty and the Constitution. How terribly interesting -- Rand has "Think Progress" going after him with every lying point of propaganda they can twist. and likewise I am fighting the same demon here in the "Progressive Pulse."

specsaregood
11-07-2010, 10:25 PM
why is it that i smile whenever somebody is unhappy with Rand?
I'm in the same boat. I foresee us smiling a lot over the next 6 years.

That sounds very undemocratic of them.
Let's face it, democracy is quite unprogressive.

Andrew-Austin
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm in the same boat. I foresee us smiling a lot over the next 6 years.

Let's face it, democracy is quite unprogressive.

I suspect so yes, liberalism seems to be getting more statist all the time. Maybe in practice they really do like unaccountable totalitarian czars, I just thought theoretically they were supposed to be really pro-democracy.

Its funny seeing liberals scoff at libertarianism, when they can't keep their damn story straight, they can't even keep their supposed principles of governance consistent with one another.

sailingaway
11-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I suspect so yes, liberalism seems to be getting more statist all the time. Maybe in practice they really do like unaccountable totalitarian czars, I just thought theoretically they were supposed to be really pro-democracy.

Its funny seeing liberals scoff a libertarianism, when they can't keep their damn story straight, they can't even keep the basics consistent with one another.

Only when the masses vote as they want. When they can no longer promise more and more credibly, the masses start being recalcitrant.