PDA

View Full Version : Demint Defends: Senator Says Tea Party Did Not Cost GOP Senate Seats

bobbyw24
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint says he hopes fellow Republicans heed the call of tea party and give the grass-roots activists credit for last week’s election gains.

He also says the campaign of the GOP‘s White House nominee in 2012 should be based on repealing President Barack Obama’s health care law.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/demint-defends-senator-says-tea-party-did-not-cost-gop-senate-seats/

acptulsa
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Someone said that running real conservatives as Republicans--and getting them in office as Republicans--cost the Republicans something?

Don't think that crap will play in Peoria...

Maximus
11-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Because we all know how well Fiorina, McMahon, and Whitman did...

low preference guy
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Because we all know how well Fiorina, McMahon, and Whitman did...

none of those three is a tea party candidate. plus, you need to look at the big picture. 60 house seats were gained. i heard that's more successful than 1994. if that is so, i'd say the enthusiasm brought by the tea party was very effective.

South Park Fan
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
none of the three are tea party candidates. plus, you need to look at the big picture. 60 house seats were gained. i heard that's more successful that 1994. if that is so, i'd say the enthusiasm brought by the tea party was very effective.

I think that was the post of his post. Those that accuse the Tea Party of costing Republicans the Senate fail to mention that Angle's and Buck's opponents were doing just as badly against Reid and Bennet at the time of the primary election, and almost certainly would have been defeated as well. As for Delaware, what cost O'Donnell the election was not the fact that she was a Tea Partier but her terrible campaign and enormous personal baggage. Additionally, since Castle would have voted with the Democrats most of the time anyway, it's hard to write that off as a loss.

low preference guy
11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
^ right. i need some rest.

MRoCkEd
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
The GOP threw away $8 Million on Carly Fiorina. That money could have saved Ken Buck, Dino Rossi, and Joe Miller.

FSP-Rebel
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
The NRSC clearly tried to sabotage Miller by running ads against the Dem that didn't have a chance anyway. Keep in mind, Murkowski is buddies with the fools atop the NRSC. Only on this last Friday morning did Cornyn send out emails calling for help in AK and that only happened because Mark Levin had his listeners call Cornyn's office to see what the deal was. The official Levin surge..

South Park Fan
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
The GOP threw away $8 Million on Carly Fiorina. That money could have saved Ken Buck, Dino Rossi, and Joe Miller.

Anyone who was in charge of the decision to waste any money on California should be fired immediately. Of all the states they could have spent money on, California was by far the dumbest, given both its liberal lean and heavily expensive media market.

Maximus
11-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I heard it costs 3 million to run tv ads for a week here in California, 8 million was stupid, and I still saw far more Boxer than Fiorina ads

Agorism
11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
He should have said that the Tea Party helped gain seats since Grayson would have been a pickup for the dems