PDA

View Full Version : Another citizen dead - For God's sake people, DON'T CALL THE COPS!!!

Anti Federalist
11-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Early in the morning, 6 November 2010.

From everything that I can gather, the dead man called for assistance in a dispute with neighbors.

Dial 911 and Die.:mad:

In the Name of All That’s Holy — Don’t Call The Police!

Posted by William Grigg on November 7, 2010 09:47 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/68705.html

Whenever police murder an innocent human being, the official stenographers in the government-aligned media resort to dissimulation of the kind one would expect from a North Korean propagandist. Thus the entirely unnecessary death of 61-year-old Pennsylvania resident Robert Neill, who was lethally electrocuted at about 4:00 a.m. November 6, is described as a result of his own “aggressive” behavior to the mob of armed strangers who repeatedly electrocuted him in his own home.

There is a sense in which Mr. Neill bears a measure of responsibility for his death: He made the mistake of calling the police to complain that he was being harassed by neighbors. The harassment he could have endured, but the “help” he received from the police proved fatal.

Dutifully reciting the version offered by Mr. Neill’s killers, Fox affiliate WPMT reports: “As the police tried to investigate the harassment claims Neil became very aggressive and combative. Neill continued to struggle with the officers after several attempts to calm him down and the officers used a taser on him which did calm him down.”

After officers from the Mount Joy Borough Police Department had tranquilized Neill through a mild dose of electro-shock torture, officers from two other agencies — the Susquehanna Regional Police Department and the Pennsylvania State Police — arrived on the scene to “assist” the assailants. Thus fortified in their confrontation with the “aggressive,” “combative” man, the heroes once again deployed the taser against Neill. This succeeded in “subduing” the frantic man, who was collected by EMTs and died en route to the hospital.

Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman informed the local press that the county medical examiner will perform an autopsy on Neill, which will inevitably find that something other than the repeated taser assaults — perhaps coronary artery disease, a drug overdose, or “excited delirium” – was the chief cause of the 61-year-old’s death. It’s not that the police killed him, you see: He just happened to die while being electrocuted by the scrum of armed tax-feeders who were, after all, only there to help.

Lancaster County Man Dies After Being Tasered

http://www.wgal.com/r/25659485/detail.html

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. -- A Lancaster County man died after being tased by police early Saturday morning.

State police said Robert Neill, Jr., died after he was tased twice and maced.

It happened around 4 a.m. Saturday at Neill's home on the 300 block of Marietta Avenue in the borough of Mount Joy.

Several police departments assisted including Mount Joy Borough Police Department, Susquehanna Regional Police Department and State Police from Ephrata.

According to police, Neill reported to them that he had been harassed by his neighbors. When officers arrived, they said Neill was combative and aggressive.

That is when officers tased him.

Neill died on the way to the hospital.

The State Police Major Case Team is investigating.

An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

GunnyFreedom
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah man, I really need to figure out how to introduce a force-continuum bill that will curtail this ........&$&$^^$%%#%#%#% :mad:

Madly_Sane
11-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Fuck America, Cops, the media, the british empire, the US fascist nation, and, most of all, all of them combined into one giant shit burrito with extra-spicey salsa
Had to get that out

james1906
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Automatic unpaid suspension following further review.

Melissa
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I just posted this on my facebook. this is getting nuts with those tazers. I dont ever call the police

PeacePlan
11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
No reason to taze a 61 year old person ever.

Icymudpuppy
11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
No reason to taze a 61 year old person ever.

Unless he's a badass!
YouTube - Second Hand Lions Bar FIGHT Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkccqolaVGg)

Anti Federalist
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah man, I really need to figure out how to introduce a force-continuum bill that will curtail this ........&$&$^^$%%#%#%#% :mad:

I have not forgotten.

My Trip to a (North Carolina) DHS Fusion Center...and How I Lived to Talk About It

Friday, 10 April 2009 01:55

http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/4736

Fusion CenterLast week, to further the situation awareness of those in the freedom movement, I followed my own advice and visited my local Department of Homeland Security Fusion Center. This is my uncensored report. It is written in a "how-to" format for activists not willing to concede defeat to central government operatives in the battle for the hearts and minds of the 700,000 state and local law enforcement officers in our country.

http://www.jbs.org/images/stories/Article_Images/isaac-raleigh2.png

osan
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM

How about no arms of any sort for cops? Yeah, never happen, I know. But that is what we should have. They'd get a whole lot mo' politer.

osan
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Automatic unpaid suspension following further review.

A reasonable start, to be applied any time any officer engages in any form or degree of physical violence with a citizen. Minor scuffles may be cleared in a day. Anything major should be investigated up one side and down the other and Ofr. Adam 12 cools his heels at home w/out pay until the verdict is in. And any finding of misconduct should require mandatory criminal charges be brought by special prosecutors.

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks for sharing, AF. I don't understand why so many people put up with this bullshit. It's not even like the evidence is "hidden"-often times these things make headlines!

Here's an example from my own town (http://www.fox11az.com/news/local/105435598.html)-
PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix police officer indicted on a second-degree murder charge for the on-duty shooting of an unarmed suspect pleaded not guilty Thursday.
Officer Richard Chrisman was arraigned in Maricopa County Superior Court.
According to court documents, Chrisman allegedly pulled his pistol, put it against 29-year-old Danny Frank Rodriguez's head and told him he didn't need a warrant when Rodriguez ordered him out of his house on Oct. 5.
Court papers say that during the next few minutes, Chrisman shocked Rodriguez with a stun gun, shot his pit bull, then fatally shot Rodriguez.
:eek: :mad:

MelissaCato
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
This is scary. I'd be one of the ones to die from a taser too I think. I got my wet boots hooked on a electric fense once and thought I was gonna die all all I felt really was the vibrations. I couldn't imagine being tased directly with those things.

Scary times.

Anti Federalist
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for sharing, AF. I don't understand why so many people put up with this bullshit. It's not even like the evidence is "hidden"-often times these things make headlines!

Here's an example from my own town (http://www.fox11az.com/news/local/105435598.html)-
PHOENIX (AP) — A Phoenix police officer indicted on a second-degree murder charge for the on-duty shooting of an unarmed suspect pleaded not guilty Thursday.
Officer Richard Chrisman was arraigned in Maricopa County Superior Court.
According to court documents, Chrisman allegedly pulled his pistol, put it against 29-year-old Danny Frank Rodriguez's head and told him he didn't need a warrant when Rodriguez ordered him out of his house on Oct. 5.
Court papers say that during the next few minutes, Chrisman shocked Rodriguez with a stun gun, shot his pit bull, then fatally shot Rodriguez.
:eek: :mad:

Holy shit HB, how'd I miss that???

ETA - OK, yeah, now I recall that story, the mother called cops to help her with her son and they ended up killing him and their dog.

Pulling the whole story for posting.

Thanks.

Second ETA - Quote from the mother:

"I felt like I made the wrong choice calling the police," Fernandez, 60, told The Republic on Wednesday from a friend's trailer in the same complex where her son was killed Tuesday. "I regret it with everything in my heart."

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Holy shit HB, how'd I miss that???

ETA - OK, yeah, now I recall that story, the mother called cops to help her with her son and the ended up killing him and their dog.

Pulling the whole story for posting.

Thanks.

n/p. The police in this town are pretty fuckin nuts. The show "Cops" has been filmed here a few times. The irrational violence was there for all to see, but no one cared. What's even worse is that the "official" media always lets the cops off the hook and blames the victim-who is usually dead, imprisoned, or too incapacitated to defend themselves. :mad:

I'll post new stories like this as I find them.

Michael Landon
11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
YouTube - Body Count - Cop Killer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh3wTPlPyPc)

- ML

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I just posted this on my facebook. this is getting nuts with those tazers.

I hate the fact the cops have driven the prices up through the roof for a tazer. I need something like that in my line of work (unarmed Private Security) because of the occasional scum bag that threatens a puny 'rent-a-cop' like me who is merely trying to protect my client's private property (and my own life at the same time). However, now that the goddamn things are ubiquitous as hell among the police, the prices have skyrocketed. Its cheaper to buy a 10mm/.40 S&W Hi-Point Carbine ($300 and change) than it is a decent Tazer ($1200 last time I checked). But, because of the ridiculous rules in this state, I would have to get a 2nd License (Class G) to carry a sidearm at work...even if I have a Conceal/Carry Permit.

Meatwasp
11-07-2010, 05:11 PM
This is scary. I'd be one of the ones to die from a taser too I think. I got my wet boots hooked on a electric fense once and thought I was gonna die all all I felt really was the vibrations. I couldn't imagine being tased directly with those things.

Scary times.

I know this is bad but I couldn't help laughing at the picture you painted. I got shocked with a electric fence I put to keep the deer out. Everyone laughed at me./

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I hate the fact the cops have driven the prices up through the roof for a tazer. I need something like that in my line of work (unarmed Private Security) because of the occasional scum bag that threatens a puny 'rent-a-cop' like me who is merely trying to protect my client's private property (and my own life at the same time). However, now that the goddamn things are ubiquitous as hell among the police, the prices have skyrocketed. Its cheaper to buy a 10mm/.40 S&W Hi-Point Carbine ($300 and change) than it is a decent Tazer ($1200 last time I checked). But, because of the ridiculous rules in this state, I would have to get a 2nd License (Class G) to carry a sidearm at work...even if I have a Conceal/Carry Permit.

Have you checked online? You might be able to get one from a discount store or from an overseas dealer.

Live_Free_Or_Die
11-07-2010, 07:45 PM
http://serve.mysmiley.net/mad/mad0057.gif

susano
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Just clicked on this and haven't read the thread yet but wanted to say that in addition to people getting slaughtered left and right, cops are killing people's dogs like crazy. It seems like there is story every week about this. The most recent I saw was at GLP where some psycho cop shot a woman's golden retriever because it jumped up on the cop TO GREET HIM. Your pets are NOT safe around cops, EVER. When these fuckers kill a person, they may get in trouble for it, but not some innocent pet - they can kill them with total impunity. Search "cop shoots dog" on Youtube or a search engine and the stories are endless. I will NEVER call a cop again. I would come absolutely unglued if one killed one or all of my dogs. They may as well kill me, too, because I would try to kill them.

susano
11-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Woman has her house broken into, cop shows up to investigate, dog jumps up on him looking to be petted, cop unloads his Glock into the dog. Apparently this woman didn't know that you can't have your dogs loose in YOUR OWN yard with a cop around, no matter how friendly the dog may be. She's learned to never ask the police for their "help" again.

[link to www.cbs58.com]

Owner says officer had no reason to shoot retriever

WEST ALLIS-- Outraged by what happened at her home over the weekened Julieann Matson walked into the West Allis police department Wednesday night to pick up a formal complaint form.

The current Waukesha resident, who still owns a home in West Allis, says around seven this past Saturday night a West Allis police officer, who was responding to a burglary call, left her home off 108th street after shooting and killing her families two-year-old retriever.

"He backed up twice and fired two (shots) right into him," Matson says.

The department says it will not comment on the shooting until after they have read over the formal complaint, however, it does say the officer reported the dog jumped on him, something Matson, who says she was feet away at the time is denying.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1241318/pg1

Yet another story of cowardly cops. Family mistakenly dials 911, a pig shows up to "help", and the kids get to see the dog shot in front of them.

[link to www.9news.com]

Family sues police over dog's shooting death
written by: Jeffrey Wolf Kyle Clark

COMMERCE CITY - A family has filed suit against the Commerce City Police officer who shot and killed their dog while checking out a 911 hang-up call.

Police claim the officer, who is identified in the suit as Officer Suzanne Barber, was being threatened by the dog.

Barber shot and killed the dog, a mixed breed named Zoey, on Feb. 3 as she responded to a call from the family's home in the 8400 block of Rosemary Street.

Frank Agazio, the dog's owner, had misdialed 911. A dispatcher called back to confirm there was no emergency. Commerce City Police say their policy requires an officer stop by in person to clear the call.

Barber arrived and, when the dogs approached her on the family's property, fired once killing Zoey, a dog the family described as weighing about 35 pounds.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1243520/pg1

This looks like a case where a couple of dogs got into it at a street fair and the owner had it under control -- then the cop came along and took the dog away from him and flung the dog down some steps and then blew it away.

[link to www.ilovedogs.com]

Rescue Dog Shot Dead By Cop at Crowded Street Festival

Posted on 15. Sep, 2010 by Laura Goldman in NEWS

Was last weekend’s shooting death of a dog by a police officer during a crowded street festival in Washington, D.C. justified?

On Sunday, a Poodle mix and a Pit Bull-Shar Pei mix named Parrot got into a scuffle at the Adams Morgan Day festival. Aaron Block, Parrot’s owner, told the Washington Post that he had separated the dogs and was trying to calm Parrot when police officers arrived.

In a statement, Block said Officer Scott Fike knocked him off of Parrot. As a photo taken by witness “Darcycat1” shows, Fike then kneed Parrot in the back and yanked the dog’s front paws underneath him.

Lifting the dog by his neck and back, Fike then threw Parrot over a banister and down a 10-foot concrete stairwell. Block says that when his dog – who “doesn’t handle stairs well” and was 12 to 15 steps away from Fike – staggered to his feet, the officer shot and killed him.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1241353/pg1

From Friday's Baltimore Sun

Prince George's raid prompts call for probe
Berwyn Heights mayor denounces police tactics

By Doug Donovan

Sun reporter

8:18 PM EDT, August 7, 2008

When the shooting stopped, two dogs lay dead. A mayor sat in his boxers, hands bound behind his back. His handcuffed mother-in-law was sprawled on the kitchen floor, lying beside the body of one of the family pets that police had killed before her eyes.

After the raid, Prince George's County police officials who burst into the home of Berwyn Heights' mayor last week seized the same unopened package of marijuana that an undercover officer had delivered an hour earlier.

What police left behind was a house stained with blood and a trail of questions about their conduct. No other evidence of illegal activity was found, and no one was arrested at Mayor Cheye Calvo's home in this small bedroom community near College Park.

This week Prince George's police arrested two men for orchestrating a plot to deliver marijuana to the addresses of unsuspecting recipients -- among them, Calvo's wife, Trinity Tomsic.

Yet neither county Police Chief Melvin C. High nor Sheriff Michael A. Jackson have apologized to him, his wife or her mother, Georgia Porter, for the raid that traumatized the family and killed their black Labrador retrievers, Payton and Chase.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message583722/pg1

Police video released Wednesday showed a North Carolina family kneeling and handcuffed, who shrieked as officers killed their dog -- which appeared to be playfully wagging its tail -- with a shotgun during a traffic stop.

The Smoak family was pulled over the evening of January 1 on Interstate 40 in eastern Tennessee by officers who mistakenly suspected them of a carjacking. An investigation showed James Smoak had simply left his wallet on the roof of his car at a gas station, and motorists who saw his money fly off the car as he drove away called police.

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-01-08/us/police.kill.dog_1_medium-size-brown-dog-officers-patrol-car?_s=PM:US

Police Kill Dog In Raid On Grandmother Even After They Promise Not Too

http://newsfornatives.com/blog/2010/11/07/police-kill-dog-in-raid-on-grandmother-even-after-they-promise-not-too/

Mary Kate Hallock arrived at her Oakland hills home after running errands Tuesday and found a blue note fluttering on her front door.

"Oakland police responded to your residence to investigate a burglar alarm," the handwritten note read. "While circling the rear perimeter, lab advanced on officers in a threatening manner before being shot and killed."

"Lab" was Gloria, an 11-year-old, arthritic yellow Labrador Hallock's family had owned since she was a puppy. Oakland police shot Gloria three times with a 40-caliber Glock handgun in the family's backyard while responding to a false burglar alarm at the property. The dog, police said, growled and barked at them.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-10-01/bay-area/24106224_1_family-dog-police-shooting-officers

THERE IS NO FUCKING END TO IT

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Just clicked on this and haven't read the thread yet but wanted to say that in addition to people getting slaughtered left and right, cops are killing people's dogs like crazy. It seems like there is story every week about this. The most recent I saw was at GLP where some psycho cop shot a woman's golden retriever because it jumped up on the cop TO GREET HIM. Your pets are NOT safe around cops, EVER. When these fuckers kill a person, they may get in trouble for it, but not some innocent pet - they can kill them with total impunity. Search "cop shoots dog" on Youtube or a search engine and the stories are endless. I will NEVER call a cop again. I would come absolutely unglued if one killed one or all of my dogs. They may as well kill me, too, because I would try to kill them.

Make sure to aim for the head in case the cop is wearing body armor.

jclay2
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Gosh how many times in the last year have these thugs invoked the power of "COMPLY OR DIE"! Especially when the man is 61 years old and there are multiple cops on the scene. If he was really threatening the cops, how hard would it have been with 4 or 5 cops to safely cuff the guy with no harm done to either party?

susano
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Things that come mind...

The old lady tazed in a Walmart parking lot

Old lady in Atlanta murdered by cops when she defended herself against their raid on the WRONG house

A diabetic man tased to death in his own yard for being weird

Cops beating the shit out of the elderly school teacher in New Orleans

Cop beating a HANDCUFFED drunk chick and leaving her in a pool of blood

Cops sexually assaulting by stripping a girl who called them for help

That's just off the top of my head

Here's what I think: We don't need cops, period. Detectives, pubilc or private, to investigate homocides and other crimes, but not these psycho bullies taking lives and terrorizing the population.

Anti Federalist
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
///

TruckinMike
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
///

AF,
I am in total agreement!

TMike:D

oyarde
11-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Yes

oyarde
11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Things that come mind...

The old lady tazed in a Walmart parking lot

Old lady in Atlanta murdered by cops when she defended herself against their raid on the WRONG house

A diabetic man tased to death in his own yard for being weird

Cops beating the shit out of the elderly school teacher in New Orleans

Cop beating a HANDCUFFED drunk chick and leaving her in a pool of blood

Cops sexually assaulting by stripping a girl who called them for help

That's just off the top of my head

Here's what I think: We don't need cops, period. Detectives, pubilc or private, to investigate homocides and other crimes, but not these psycho bullies taking lives and terrorizing the population.

Dang , I am probably weird in the yard ...

fj45lvr
11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
cops respond to thousands of calls and there are thousands of them... I am highly skeptical of all cops being dangerous to the health of citizens.

Uriel999
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
cops respond to thousands of calls and there are thousands of them... I am highly skeptical of all cops being dangerous to the health of citizens.

your skepticism is hazardous to your health my friend.

oyarde
11-08-2010, 04:38 PM

I would say you are right . I base that on this . I estimate half the population to have no common sense . Probably slightly less than half that would be interested in a law enforcement career . So , I will round it off to say maybe 40 % are not like that . When they show up , how do you know what you have ?

Anti Federalist
11-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Willing to bet the life of you and your family on that?

It's not the cops, we're not talking about "bad apples" here, it's the training.

The cops, under the fed's direction and with federal money are being militarized, there is no question about that, and with all the new military toys comes all the new military training.

Cops are no longer being trained as "peace officers", they are being trained in the manner of "special forces" or "occupiers".

That means that you are no longer a citizen whose rights and interests are to be protected and served.

You are a hostile, an "enemy combatant" and at the slightest provocation, or many times with no provocation whatsoever, they will light your ass up, no questions asked.

And there are plenty of "bad apples" out there, who are bad in this sense, they want that to happen, they are looking forward to it.

You call cops into a volatile, ongoing "hot" situation and be aware, you are putting your life and the lives of those around into severe jeopardy.

I'll provide a link to a thread that has proof of that danger.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=254109&highlight=random+encounter

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Willing to bet the life of you and your family on that?

It's not the cops, we're not talking about "bad apples" here, it's the training.

The cops, under the fed's direction and with federal money are being militarized, there is no question about that, and with all the new military toys comes all the new military training.

Cops are no longer being trained as "peace officers", they are being trained in the manner of "special forces" or "occupiers".

That means that you are no longer a citizen whose rights and interests are to be protected and served.

You are a hostile, an "enemy combatant" and at the slightest provocation, or many times with no provocation whatsoever, they will light your ass up, no questions asked.

And there are plenty of "bad apples" out there, who are bad in this sense, they want that to happen, they are looking forward to it.

You call cops into a volatile, ongoing "hot" situation and be aware, you are putting your life and the lives of those around into severe jeopardy.

^^This!

Daamien
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't call the cops? That's a bit reactionary.

Anti Federalist
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Did you not read the thread?

Check that thread.

Kylie
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Call the cops if it's over and there is a report to make. Otherwise, no. Work it out. Be prepared.

Have you not seen all the stories of shit going down everyday, in all kinds of cities, against it's own citizens? It's crazy how ratcheted up things have become.

MelissaWV
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
*shrugs* Call the cops or don't, but be aware that stuff can go south very quickly, and that the police are going to react to appearances far faster than facts. The police were very helpful when I had to call them, and waiting until it was "over" and "time to make a report" was out of the question.

Of course, it was daylight, I waited for them on the porch, I provided them with information, I answered their questions patiently and calmly and made my requests of them with courtesy.

Call the cops at "your own risk." Too many people dial them for no real reason, and don't think about what the possible outcomes can be.

phill4paul
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Call the cops at "your own risk." Too many people dial them for no real reason, and don't think about what the possible outcomes can be.

They are not trained to "help" you. They are trained to help the D.A.

susano
11-08-2010, 07:07 PM
The situation doesn't even have to be "hot". There are plenty of articles where they're called for relatively minor stuff and they kill people - and dogs - for no reason other than they are psycho. How about that article I posted where they pulled over the wrong car, with mom, dad, kids and dogs, and those fuckers murder the dogs for SPORT? As a dog lover that would destroy me. I imagine that those kids now have PTSD and will always be terrified of cops.

This is video from a police car's dash-cam that shows Tennessee State Troopers shooting a North Carolina family's dog (around 3:03 in the video). It happened while the family was returning from their vacation in Nashville. Police say they stopped them because they "matched the description" in a robbery that had just occurred (they were actually innocent
). The officer who shot the dog (Eric Hall) hasn't been punished for the episode; he has only been reassigned to "administrative duties". The Tennessee Department of Safety issued an apology here: http://tennessee.gov/safety/newsrelea...

Here is the account of what happened from the point-of-view of Eric Hall: "I yelled at the dog to 'get back' but it attempted to circle me to attack, so I felt that I had no other option but to protect myself."

Here is the account of what happened from the point-of-view of the family: "My dog then came out of the car and ran towards the officer with the shotgun and flashlight. We started yelling to please let us get him, don't shoot, he was only barking at the flashlight and jumping at the light. My son plays with him using a flashlight. This is when my dog was murdered."

YouTube - Police shoot family dog during 'felony stop' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0T2X1dXcI)

This video shows a search warrant served by the Columbia Mo. police department. The cops bust in this guys house in the middle of the night and shoot his two dogs (one a pit bull that was caged in the kitchen and the other a Corgi) with children in the home. it turns out that rather than a big time drug dealer, this guy had a small pipe with some resin in it, a grinder, and what the cops here call "a small amount of marijuana" (meaning less than a few grams). We here in Comlumbia want everyone to know what kind of police department we have here, check out our "finest" in action.

YouTube - Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc)

Daamien
11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Did you not read the thread?

Check that thread.

The thread's tile is misleading. There are many situations where calling the police is completely appropriate, particularly if your life is already in danger

susano
11-08-2010, 07:12 PM
AF, I think it's the training and bad apples. I believe that the proffession actually selects for bullies and psychos. Then, on top of that, nearly all cops lie. The loyality within the brotherhood thing. One half way decent cop will never stop a psycho partner, either.

oyarde
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
The thread's tile is misleading. There are many situations where calling the police is completely appropriate, particularly if your life is already in danger

I can empty two magazines and get my tomahawk and machete in the time it takes to call some people I do not want to see .

susano
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Oh, yeah? Well, here's a lady who was assaulted, called for help and see what they did to her:

Police strip woman and left her naked for 6 hours
Labels: article, police violence, video
Police abusing and stripping woman completely naked , but she called for help.They apparently had no evidence that she was the assaulter and had no any reason for a strip search.Police leave her for 6 hours completely naked.Police will face charges for this brutality but some crucial evidences are missing.Strange?

Male deputies are forbidden to strip search female inmates, according to Stark County Sheriff’s departmental policy.Her husband, Greg Steffey, said his wife felt as if she had been “raped without penetration”.

video - http://www.policebrutality.info/2008/12/police-abuse-and-strip-woman-and-leave.html

susano
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Think you're entitled to a phone call?

YouTube - Woman arrested for DWI, beat by police off camera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_Hl4bcQNc)

aGameOfThrones
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM

There was a home invasion where the homeowner had a weapon and stopped the intruder, when he called the police to arrest the robber...the police shot the homeowner multiple times by "mistake," thinking he was dead, the LEOs started to cover it up after they realized they shot the person who called them. By the way, the LEOs conversation was being recorded if I'm not mistaken.

fj45lvr
11-08-2010, 08:31 PM
this thread reminds of neo-con islamophobia. bringing up a bunch of sensational accounts about a-rabs doing awful things to essentially paint the whole lot as pieces of shit.

I think there can definitely be "bad" cops but I do believe that they are the minority.

Keep in mind that cops have to deal with the scum in our society perpetually...that has a way of grinding on a person because it stinks.

and let's face it there are a ton of scumbags in this country (the majority of which are not cops).

oyarde
11-08-2010, 08:38 PM
this thread reminds of neo-con islamophobia. bringing up a bunch of sensational accounts about a-rabs doing awful things to essentially paint the whole lot as pieces of shit.

I think there can definitely be "bad" cops but I do believe that they are the minority.

Keep in mind that cops have to deal with the scum in our society perpetually...that has a way of grinding on a person because it stinks.

and let's face it there are a ton of scumbags in this country (the majority of which are not cops).

I agree , but I also think when they show up they have probably determined you may be one of these scumbags .

Anti Federalist
11-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Term limits for cops.

Just repeating what I already stated: it's not about cops as individuals, or "a few bad apples" argument, it's the training.

pcosmar
11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Keep in mind that cops have to deal with the scum in our society perpetually...

Define scum.

I have walked this nation from end to end. often in alleys and the "bad parts of town".

People are people. There are far fewer "bad' people in prison than there are in Three Piece suits.

;)

MelissaWV
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
They are not trained to "help" you. They are trained to help the D.A.

That's odd. I wonder why they didn't arrest anyone, and no charges were filed, when I called them? I wonder why all they did, instead, was tell the people that were causing the problem to keep off of the property for 24 hours (or until I called them and let them know they could return), and order them to return the property of mine they were attempting to leave with?

The DA didn't get a thing out of it, but I got a great deal of help.

Of course, that's anecdotal/isolated... just like a large number of the accounts in this thread.

Anti Federalist
12-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Ex-Phoenix cop sentenced 7 years in '10 fatal shooting case

http://www.policeone.com/corrections/articles/6686848-Ex-Phoenix-cop-sentenced-7-years-in-10-fatal-shooting-case/

PHOENIX — A former Phoenix police officer was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison on assault and manslaughter charges after the fatal 2010 shooting of man during a domestic violence call, concluding a 3-year-old case that boiled down to dueling accounts by the only witnesses — the defendant and his partner.

Richard Chrisman was originally charged with aggravated assault, second-degree murder and animal cruelty.

He was convicted in September of assault, but jurors failed to reach verdicts on the other counts. He later pleaded guilty to manslaughter in a deal with prosecutors that spared him a second trial.

Judge Warren Granville sentenced him Friday to seven years in prison for manslaughter and five years on the assault conviction with both sentences to run concurrently.

While noting that Chrisman was doing his job, the judge also said he went too far.

"Society entrusted you with the power and authority of a law enforcement officer," Granville told Chrisman. "On this occasion, you failed to meet that responsibility."

Chrisman was arrested after he shot and killed Danny Rodriguez, 28, and the man's pit bull when he and his partner responded to Rodriguez's home after a frantic call from his mother that her son was acting violent.

Chrisman maintained the shootings were self-defense but his partner told jurors the situation had been defused before Chrisman opened fire.

At his sentencing hearing, Rodriguez's mother tearfully pleaded with the judge to sentence Chrisman to the maximum of 15 years in prison.

"I feel so guilty," Elvira Fernandez told the judge. "If I never picked up that telephone and made that call, Daniel would be alive today."

Several police officers testified on Chrisman's behalf, calling him a good man who supported his colleagues and loved his job.

"I've never seen him lose his temper on or off the job," Phoenix officer Matt Morgan said.

Chrisman pleaded for leniency, calling the events of that day a tragedy.

"But I would ask that you understand that that tragedy reaches both sides," he said.

Outside court, Fernandez said she was disappointed with the sentence.

"It just didn't seem fair," she said, holding back tears.

Chrisman had the support throughout his case of the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association, which found his conviction to be a travesty of justice.

"Rich is kind of an unfortunate victim of the justice system," said Ken Crane, the union's vice president. "He was just trying to do his job."

During his trial, Chrisman described a chaotic scene in which his partner shirked his duties as backup while Rodriguez's pit bull became aggressive. He said that at one point, the dog lunged at him leading him to shoot the animal twice.

Chrisman explained how pepper spray and his stun gun failed to subdue the suspect as the two struggled, and Rodriguez picked up a bicycle from the living room floor.

"He was going to smash my brains in ... I fired two rounds, center mass," Chrisman told jurors.

Prosecutors accused him of being reckless and escalating the situation unnecessarily. Defense attorneys noted that Chrisman had never fired his weapon once during 10 years on the force and was defending himself.

But Chrisman's partner, Sergio Virgillo, told jurors Chrisman was on a tear from the moment he approached Rodriguez's door, then pulled out his gun and pressed it to the suspect's head. Chrisman denied the allegations and accused Virgillo of not being there to help with the struggling suspect, who was high on methamphetamine, and at one point even taking a personal call on his cell phone during the incident.

Chrisman was fired about five months after the shooting. Virgillo remains employed with the Phoenix Police Department.

Mani
08-19-2014, 03:22 AM
update. The family gets 900K from the county.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/mount-joy-borough-agrees-to-payment-to-family-of-man/article_f75781a4-cb0f-52c5-bf3a-1c67b66f7286.html