PDA

View Full Version : Ann Marie Buerkle?

Imperial
11-07-2010, 01:52 PM
In NY-25, it is looking increasingly likely that Republican Ann Marie Buerkle upset incumbent Dan Maffei (despite polls showing her back double-digits).

Anybody know her positions? I know she is extremely pro-life and suspect social conservatism on other issues, but I don't know for sure. I have also heard some refer to her as in our camp. Anybody have some good info?

goopc
11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I know some Tea Party people (the Sarah Palin kind) who live in her district and they really like her and have worked for her campaign. I don't too much about her personally, but she seems like a pretty solid Tea Party republican -- or at least she talks the talk.

The local meetup group has talked about her (http://www.wesurroundrochester.com/messages/boards/?keywords=Buerkle&search_forum=&op=search) a lot.

silus
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't have any info, but I hope she has a lot more than a pro-life stance. I can't even believe that is such a hinge topic in these times.

Knightskye
11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
According to her issues page, standard Republican.

Thankfully, we have a proven blueprint. Lower taxes, less government spending, and limited government interference are the building blocks for economic growth.

I know personally that our current medical system is troubled, but the recently enacted so-called “health care reform” represents no real reform at all. It’s a victory for big government; it’s an affront to our Constitution.

Moreover, terrorists need to be treated for what they are – enemy combatants. As such they are not covered under the U.S. Constitution [...]

I hope Judge Napolitano takes up Bachmann's offer of teaching a Constitution class in Congress.