PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee outpacing Ron Paul for the last 3 hrs

quickmike
10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Ive been watching the donation meters on both sites and Huckster, although not even close to what Ron Paul is doing, is outpacing him at the moment and for the last 3 hrs.

Why the sudden surge for the Huckster and drop off for Ron?

SpicyItalian739
10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Ive been watching the meters on both sites and Huckster, although not even close to what Ron Paul is doing, is outpacing him at the moment and for the last 3 hrs.

Huckabee must have hired 4-5 of our 10 professional spammers that have been spamming Ron Paul to the top for months

theseus51
10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Maybe they just posted all his offline donations at once. Like paper checks. I would assume he would have a lot more of those than Ron Paul, which is why he probably was at 45k a couple days ago and more than doubled it today.

CasualApathy
10-19-2007, 09:46 PM
It's friday evening, and the young RP supporters are getting drunk i guess... i know i am!

However, it has been a very slow few hours indeed...

gagnonstudio
10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Ive been watching the donation meters on both sites and Huckster, although not even close to what Ron Paul is doing, is outpacing him at the moment and for the last 3 hrs.

Huckabee has been getting a MSM lovefest the last two days due to his high poll numbers in IA.

empirenine
10-19-2007, 09:48 PM
It's friday evening, and the young RP supporters are getting drunk i guess... i know i am!

However, it has been a very slow few hours indeed...

LOL! Its funny cuz its true!

mtmedlin
10-19-2007, 09:48 PM
At his current pace he will raise an astonishing $560,000 or so, give or take a few bucks.

Patrick Henry
10-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Huckabee has been getting a MSM lovefest the last two days due to his high poll numbers in IA.

yep! He is such a fraud. what do people see in these guys? seriously.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 09:50 PM
When they find out he's got a thing for illegal aliens, they usually turn the other way.

grfgerger
10-19-2007, 09:51 PM
yep! He is such a fraud. what do people see in these guys? seriously.

A paul/huckabee ticket would probably do very well. Huckster appeals to the sunday minister crowd.

F3d
10-19-2007, 09:52 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 09:54 PM
fairtax, everyone research it, it is the single largest tax hike the working class will ever know, don't be ignorant on it. minimum 23% on everything you buy!
those living paycheck to paycheck spending all they make on food and goods, would be destroyed.
fairtax.org

American
10-19-2007, 09:58 PM
It doesnt matter how much old "open borders" Huckabee raises. You can bet he has it spent already.

reyguy13
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
On November 5 , the jump on that statue of liberty is going to push way up there. Its going to be kind of sick how passionate people are for freedom.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:02 PM
oh my I almost died watching his band destroy lynard skynard's freebird!

ronpaulyourmom
10-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Tonight was the value voters conference, remember?

That's where it came from.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Tonight was the value voters conference, remember?

That's where it came from.

more likely, glen beck, he doesn't speak at that conference till tomorrow

ProximoAZ
10-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Huckabee did at least 30 minutes on Glen Beck tonight, I stopped and watched a few minutes but quickly got disgusted. He was blatantly stealing Ron's entire Domestic platform, he said we need to get rid of incentives for illegals, get rid of the IRS and so on.

It made me sick, especially the way Beck was agreeing with him.

Sabin
10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I know Huckabee had an hour long piece on Glen Beck that was pretty decent. He actually kinda seemed a little libertarian in the interview (said he didn't like the Patriot Act and supported the 2nd amendment to protect us from the government). Might have been a rerun but I saw it tonight.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I know Huckabee had an hour long piece on Glen Beck that was pretty decent. He actually kinda seemed a little libertarian in the interview (said he didn't like the Patriot Act and supported the 2nd amendment to protect us from the government). Might have been a rerun but I saw it tonight.

no rerun, but he is just saying what he thinks RP supporters want, he is trying to steal from Dr Paul. :D we don't buy lies

reaver
10-19-2007, 10:13 PM
On November 5 , the jump on that statue of liberty is going to push way up there. Its going to be kind of sick how passionate people are for freedom.

Rey, The Statue of Liberty will be removed for Nov 1 donations. Hopefully they'll put of the Statue of Freedom that sits ontop the Library of Congress next. Steph3n, Bradley'n'DC, admin.... does that sound cool?

F3d
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Rey, The Statue of Liberty will be removed for Nov 1 donations. Hopefully they'll put of the Statue of Freedom that sits ontop the Library of Congress next. Steph3n, Bradley'n'DC, admin.... does that sound cool?

would be great, but why calling me out? :D

partypooper
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
i am worried about huckabee. for some reason his bullshit seems to be fiding an audience. :(

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
i am worried about huckabee. for some reason his bullshit seems to be fiding an audience. :(

he's just shilling for a VP spot.

mavtek
10-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Ron Paul people do things on Friday night, Huckabee people..........

Uh.......

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Ron Paul people do things on Friday night, Huckabee people..........

Uh.......

yea i think I am going to go do something now :) maybe, but the lines are already long I can see them out my window

RPatTheBeach
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
It could have something to do with his current appearance on Glen Beck.

reaver
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know steve. I think it's because I trust you. :)

rich34
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Huckabee was on Glenn Beck tonight stealing about ALL of Ron Paul's positions maybe that had something to do with it?

partypooper
10-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Huckabee was on Glenn Beck tonight stealing about ALL of Ron Paul's positions maybe that had something to do with it?

maybe, but my anxiety reaches deeper than the last three hours. i am also worried about his numbers in iowa, and, just in general, how favorably the media treats him which, i think, reflects how most people perceive him.

it is so upsetting that his story about healthy living and losing weight is treated with so much respect yet dr paul is treated as a wacko because he respects the constitution. :mad:

devil21
10-19-2007, 10:30 PM
fairtax, everyone research it, it is the single largest tax hike the working class will ever know, don't be ignorant on it. minimum 23% on everything you buy!
those living paycheck to paycheck spending all they make on food and goods, would be destroyed.
fairtax.org

There goes the automobile market. Good luck selling $30K cars with an $8K sales tax on top of 7% interest.

twister5400
10-19-2007, 10:31 PM
as well as the homebuilding market... why buy a new house with a sales tax when you can buy a used house without

F3d
10-19-2007, 10:37 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Basically everyone that didn't get a house before the FairTax gets screwed big time.

yea just go read the info on that tax, INSANITY! Like I said elsewhere, will be the single largest tax on the working class in the history of the world. It would encourage savings? I don't think so, everything will go to uncle sam!
It doesn't even have the exemptions that many state sales taxes have on grocery goods!

mind you, I wouldn't mind targeted sales taxes on national level for some items, but like this SCHIP bill putting a HUGE tax on cigarettes will be taxing the very people they are giving this "free" health coverage to for the most part. People must remember, NOTHING from the government is ever free!

F3d
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM

F3d
10-19-2007, 10:42 PM

ProximoAZ
10-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm afraid the GOP is trying to mold him into their ideal candidate - I think they know Guilliani, Thompson, and Romney aren't going to cut it.

Huckabee is the best speaker/liar/pure politician running for the GOP, he is the obvious choice to relaunch because his positions are not well known and he can now change them without many people noticing. He is trying to appeal to both the base with his foreign policy, religious right stuff, and is now taking all of Ron's domestic positions. If he gets enough big time media coverage who knows the public might just buy what he is selling.

The way he has changed his positions in the last few weeks tells me he cares about nothing other than trying to win, and demonstrates to me he would sell the people down the river if it benefits him enough

Corydoras
10-19-2007, 10:44 PM
for some reason his bullshit seems to be fiding an audience. :(

I suspect that in addition to his good presentation skills, he actually believes some of what he says and is honest enough to know what parts he's not telling the truth about.

I think people secretly tend to trust politicians who are good at lying, i.e. can keep track of what they say that they don't really mean. For one thing, they can bluff.

A problem for our guy is that he is so utterly sincere, people unconsciously wonder whether he can bluff, tell outright lies, etc.

jkaufmann
10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
fairtax.org

This was an entirely ignorant statement and I am calling it right now. I've read the Fair Tax book. I have looked up information. I've seen this same argument made before.

This tax can also be avoided by avoiding retail purchases. Also, the Fair Tax system uses a probate to ALL family households with a check that would cover average taxes paid by families/people for life neccesary items (Food!).

When you eliminate all corporate taxes, and income taxes, and social security taxes, and medicaid/medicare taxes, two things happen.
ONE - People have alot more money in their pocket. I would have about 20% more. Add up all the taxes witheld from your check (not state however) and perform the calculation.

TWO - Tax elimination on busineses allow them to sell their products cheaper. Why? because the competitive markets would adjust. When taxes are raised on businesses, it essentialy makes their operating costs higher. This means they will generaly HAVE to raise the costs of their services/products. When the reverse happens, their product/services prices have to drop.

The economists who labored over the Fair tax came to the conclusion that the combination the above two tax eliminations equals about a 23 or 26 ( I forgot which) imbedded price in all of our goods due to the taxation on business and individuals.

Now -- The IRS is eliminated, and an entire industry that supports the compliance and preperation of taxes no longer sucks money from businesses and individuals. The entire system becomes more efficient.
Another savings.

I've said this before and truly believe it : eliminating the income tax Ron Paul style is the way to go. Then we institute a National Sales tax (Fair Tax) system to replace all other taxes as well. It wouldn't have to be 23/26 %, it would be less (since we just eliminated the income tax prior)

All busineses foreign and domestic would now look at the US of A as the BIGGEST tax free arena from which to operate. This would create jobs in our economy, and bring back some of those jobs that had left to go overseas.

The only real issue I have with the fair tax is the length of time it will take the Market to adjust to competition in a new and unknown taxing environment. During this time period it would be a little wild, but I am sure everyone would survive. We've been through worse.

wgadget
10-19-2007, 10:47 PM
But he is soft on illegals. That will be his downfall. If you don't believe me, go to www.ontheissues.org and check it out.

He's also big into the nanny state and raising taxes.

Who could go for that?

RevolutionSD
10-19-2007, 10:52 PM
A paul/huckabee ticket would probably do very well. Huckster appeals to the sunday minister crowd.

No way, don't fall for the war-mongering Huck.

aksmith
10-19-2007, 10:53 PM
The fair tax is a . . . . tax. Yeah, you're missing the point. The point is that Ron Paul would replace the income tax with nothing. The Fair Tax would replace it with the sales tax on a national level. See the difference? The government is still stealing our lives, the only question is how much?

Tell me. When should we give up our freedom? When we earn money? Or when we spend it? When you answer that question, you'll know whether you're a Paul supporter or a Huckabee supporter. A.K. Smith

grfgerger
10-19-2007, 10:56 PM
No way, don't fall for the war-mongering Huck.

I'm not necessarily saying I'd support that route, but it would appeal to a large base of people.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:57 PM
The fair tax is a . . . . tax. Yeah, you're missing the point. The point is that Ron Paul would replace the income tax with nothing. The Fair Tax would replace it with the sales tax on a national level. See the difference? The government is still stealing our lives, the only question is how much?

Tell me. When should we give up our freedom? When we earn money? Or when we spend it? When you answer that question, you'll know whether you're a Paul supporter or a Huckabee supporter. A.K. Smith

i don't support the fairtax, but this forum gets indexed highly, and I'd love to see some of Huckabee's supports eyes to be opened to this!

steph3n
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
not only is he soft on illegals, he was at the last debate repeating the phrase "share the wealth" I heard it no less than 3 times, who's wealth is he sharing?

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:00 PM

cac1963
10-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm not necessarily saying I'd support that route, but it would appeal to a large base of people.

I don't see Paul selecting any of the other candidates as a running mate. He's already said he couldn't support them on their current platforms, so why would he eat his words to pick one of them as his VP? He wouldn't.

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I'd only support a fairtax such as this if less than 3%

This was an entirely ignorant statement and I am calling it right now. I've read the Fair Tax book. I have looked up information. I've seen this same argument made before.

This tax can also be avoided by avoiding retail purchases. Also, the Fair Tax system uses a probate to ALL family households with a check that would cover average taxes paid by families/people for life neccesary items (Food!).

When you eliminate all corporate taxes, and income taxes, and social security taxes, and medicaid/medicare taxes, two things happen.
ONE - People have alot more money in their pocket. I would have about 20% more. Add up all the taxes witheld from your check (not state however) and perform the calculation.

TWO - Tax elimination on busineses allow them to sell their products cheaper. Why? because the competitive markets would adjust. When taxes are raised on businesses, it essentialy makes their operating costs higher. This means they will generaly HAVE to raise the costs of their services/products. When the reverse happens, their product/services prices have to drop.

The economists who labored over the Fair tax came to the conclusion that the combination the above two tax eliminations equals about a 23 or 26 ( I forgot which) imbedded price in all of our goods due to the taxation on business and individuals.

Now -- The IRS is eliminated, and an entire industry that supports the compliance and preperation of taxes no longer sucks money from businesses and individuals. The entire system becomes more efficient.
Another savings.

I've said this before and truly believe it : eliminating the income tax Ron Paul style is the way to go. Then we institute a National Sales tax (Fair Tax) system to replace all other taxes as well. It wouldn't have to be 23/26 %, it would be less (since we just eliminated the income tax prior)

All busineses foreign and domestic would now look at the US of A as the BIGGEST tax free arena from which to operate. This would create jobs in our economy, and bring back some of those jobs that had left to go overseas.

The only real issue I have with the fair tax is the length of time it will take the Market to adjust to competition in a new and unknown taxing environment. During this time period it would be a little wild, but I am sure everyone would survive. We've been through worse.

frasu
10-19-2007, 11:05 PM
What is upsettings is that RP comes out swinging from day one about IRS and he gets branded as a nut job... this wannabe guy waits and starts promoting this idea after the it becomes more accepted and he is seen now as the real conservator, as the great alternative... wow this is dangerous stuff... people are used to the idea of paying in a way or another and his out with IRS in with Fair Tax looks now the logical alternative... :confused:

wgadget
10-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I'd only support a fairtax such as this if less than 3%

Yep, that sounds fair to me...:D

davidhperry
10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
A paul/huckabee ticket would probably do very well.

Barf

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep, that sounds fair to me...:D

in fact, it may be the best idea, the more I think on it, we have commitments to our seniors with the SS system, we simply can't drop it, a 3% national sales tax going 100% to this, to be phased out in X year, and no more of it then. It could be the ultimate transition, no IRS, reduce spending to pay for things, and a 3% national sales tax to pay for Social Security commitments.

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:11 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:15 PM
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Taxes/P80242.asp

Refuted that argument. The IRS only cost 10 billion and has only 100,000 employees.
Most accountants do work that have to be done anyways i.e. companies have to show what they're spending money on and etc. FairTaxers don't know anything about compliance cost. It's no where near 1 trillion a year which Huckabee keeps saying.

not to mention there will still have to be a boatload of people for these prebates AND filing all these new sales tax returns. People think state comptrollers don't have a staff or what? :)

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:18 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Huckabee already supported it a while ago. The FairTax has been around several years. Huckabee experimented with it on Arkansans and it ain't working. lol Prices go up. Ron Paul is branded as a nut because he doesn't want to replace it with anything. How can you fix SS, medicare, etc. if you get rid of all those taxes?

Better foreign policy.

But t maintain the war machine like others, you must continue to tax and increase the flow like Huckabee wants to do.

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:22 PM

SouthernGuy15
10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Please keep on donating!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:25 PM
They say they need less because the state sales tax doesn't cost as much to implement. It doesn't on the same scale as the IRS (they can make it less complicated though) but it's still a drop in the bucket compared to the consequences
of implementing it. People would definitely try to bypass it since it'll be 23% instead of 3%.

you bet I'd try to bypass it, person to person bartering!

Lord Xar
10-19-2007, 11:27 PM
he has done some tv today in different markets. On an illegal immigration forum some people were impressed with him till I set them straight on his voting record.. but I guess others across the US might of been taken with him.. thus the donations.

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:30 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:30 PM
He could cut troops in Europe, South Korea, and Iraq but that still isn't enough. What taxes though? Does he only want to keep the tariff? You can't possibly do this in 8 years and I don't think it could happen ever. lol Look up the LVT. It would take like 10 years to implement but encourages people that own land to do something with it and the best land would go to the best entrepreneurs. The people that rent apartments also get treated fairly. Section 8 is bull (people can abuse it) and price ceilings cause a shortage of apartments.

corporate taxes, excise taxes, tariffs, there are MANY the IRS income taxes are only a small portion.

reaver
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
and without the income tax we bring ourselves back to a budget of a similar size to the one in 2000. Which is true right? Also manageable.

jkaufmann
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Taxes/P80242.asp

Refuted that argument. The IRS only cost 10 billion and has only 100,000 employees.
Most accountants do work that have to be done anyways i.e. companies have to show what they're spending money on and etc. FairTaxers don't know anything about compliance cost. It's no where near 1 trillion a year which Huckabee keeps saying.

Actualy, this is a much better refute of the Fair Tax:
http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/unspinning_the_fairtax.html

I think what is entirely spun unfairly is the labeling of Paul as a kook for eliminating the IRS, and when Huckabee does it no one labels him.

What I dislike, and I've seen it a few times, is the spinning I've seen on this forum as well. I hate it when RP is spun. I see no reason why taxes can't be reduced to their marginal neccesity (Lets say by about 1/3rd i.e. the income tax).

And replacement of the remaining 2/3 with a national sales tax. (At a lower percentage of course)

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM

F3d
10-19-2007, 11:42 PM

steph3n
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
See, how can you possibly do this? No wonder why he's labeled as a nut case. lol Although he wants the states to have more of a say of what to do. I can agree to that, but implementing a tax on the federal level is a better route IMO.

what do you mean, these already EXIST!

F3d
10-20-2007, 12:02 AM

jkaufmann
10-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Why a sales tax? By the way, 2/3 of the budget with a sales tax would have to be higher than 23% It's soooo obvious 23% isn't even enough for 2.4 trillion so 2/3 of that would need a high percentage. Sales taxes are dumb on the federal level. They hurt everyone on the bottom . A prebate just means you have to tax more to get the money for the poor. It's still regressive even with it.

All sales taxes are generaly regressive. Gas taxes are a good example of this. My gas consumption is probably more then wealthier people if one believes that welthier people live closer to work.

I cannot think of any tax, layed across the population evenly, as being flat except (maybe) some form of income tax (If it were a flat percentage on all positive change in overall wealth). And even then "wealth" shelters would be found to make one appear less wealthy come tax time.

The more this debate goes on the more I think it is a moot point. All taxation is bad. All taxation in any form amounts to, in the end, transfer of wealth taken and not freely exchanged. (i.e. if I buy something, a product or service, I have receive something for my money)

The more I think about it, I don;t think there is a single way to appropriate "money" evenly across the whole population. Someone is going to get screwed more then someone else. This is really just terrible.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I think Huckabee probably sent a fund-raising e-mail today. Growth was too big for it to be just media coverage.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I think Huckabee probably sent a fund-raising e-mail today. Growth was too big for it to be just media coverage.

I think they are adding some of this band fundraisers in from offline as well.

Sematary
10-20-2007, 12:18 AM
PLEASE! We raised more YESTERDAY than he has all month.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 12:19 AM
PLEASE! We raised more YESTERDAY than he has all month.

Yeah, but the point is that he accelerated. He doubled his money today.

F3d
10-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Sematary
10-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, but the point is that he accelerated. He doubled his money today.

Amazing what a letter to your supporters can accomplish, eh? ;)

Cindy
10-20-2007, 12:37 AM

That's why. he came across sounding really appealing, using all of Rons stuff. I'm not kidding.

He EVEN, used Ron's " getting hassled for toothpaste at the airport when illegals are walking across national borders scott free." line.

That's not a coincidence. He has been studying Paul's videos no doubt about it.

I was stunned watching the show. It was as if He and Beck, had been reading this forum and custom tailored the whole interview to appeal to us- except for Hucks fear of the terrorists.

We know that Huck wouldn't deliver on his " I'm all for the constitution" stance. We really need to be concerned about gaining on Rudy Romson and stealing from Hillary and Obama

I Hon't think Huck will pick up much traction over all, mostly because, he spews the fear war proganda rhetoric and America is done with that.

That said, energy flows where attention goes, so, I'm putting mine back on Paul for the Win now!!!!!!!!!!

austin356
10-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Huckabee already supported it a while ago. The FairTax has been around several years. Huckabee experimented with it on Arkansans and it ain't working. lol Prices go up. Ron Paul is branded as a nut because he doesn't want to replace it with anything. How can you fix SS, medicare, etc. if you get rid of all those taxes?

I don't support the Fairtax, but ill be fair to the Huckster here you are spreading disinformation. Not just with the above quote but with a number of claims.

For example. I sure enough would not be paying a 23% tax rate. My personal rate under the Fairtax would be actually <5% or maybe even <0%.

You and I probably have the same idea about what we should do, though. No income tax. No this tax no that tax. SS, MC all voluntary, etc ,etc

But you did hit on probably the largest problem with the Fairtax as far as Ron's policy goes. with your last question in the above quote.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 12:49 AM
are you sure? I am seeing a SSN based prebate of 5%, this in and of itself seems to be a stupid idea, but more than that, this system of taxation based on SSN is scary, big brother, how much do they know to prebate me, etc, unless it is being reported, why should it be reported to the gov?

I don't support the Fairtax, but ill be fair to the Huckster here you are spreading disinformation. Not just with the above quote but with a number of claims.

For example. I sure enough would not be paying a 23% tax rate. My personal rate under the Fairtax would be actually <5% or maybe even <0%.

You and I probably have the same idea about what we should do, though. No income tax. No this tax no that tax. SS, MC all voluntary, etc ,etc

But you did hit on probably the largest problem with the Fairtax as far as Ron's policy goes. with your last question in the above quote.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 12:51 AM
are you sure? I am seeing a SSN based prebate of 5%, this in and of itself seems to be a stupid idea, but more than that, this system of taxation based on SSN is scary, big brother, how much do they know to prebate me, etc, unless it is being reported, why should it be reported to the gov?
Everyone gets a prebate of the same amount.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Everyone gets a prebate of the same amount.

ok then the whole idea is stupid, just make the tax lower :D

austin356
10-20-2007, 12:52 AM

The prebate is just determined on whether you are alive or not. The prebate is fixed as the taxation equivalent to what the government determines is the poverty level for your household.

So if your HH's poverty level is 20k, then you get a rebate of $4,600 per year. That means if you make exactly 20k you pay exactly no taxes and receive exactly no subsidies. People making less than 20k will receive subsidy for living, and people making above will have to pay the government on net.

Child = such and such amount
adult = such and such amount.

But I am not saying I support that!!

Though you always could decline to receive prebate and they will never know you exists.

ok then the whole idea is stupid, just make the tax lower :D

Well thats our goal. They could make is less than 20% nominal if they got rid of the prebate, but then it would never pass. So in the Fairtaxers eyes they need to give a little welfarism to do what they see as overall more good.

I guess I know I am on a RP forum when I have to play the position of "moderate"; Hell I always thought of myself as pretty darn near anarcho-capitalist.

Paul4Prez
10-20-2007, 01:06 AM
fairtax.org

Actually, the "fair" tax is 30%. They say it's 23%, because it sounds better.

If your state income tax is 5% and you buy something for $100 you pay $5 tax.

If the "fair" tax is 23% and you buy something for $100 you pay $30 tax to the feds, and $5 tax to your state. The $30 is 23% of $130, but it's still 30% of $100.

Sematary
10-20-2007, 01:08 AM
WHY are we worrying about Huckabee? He doesn't have the cash to get to the primaries.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I guess I know I am on a RP forum when I have to play the position of "moderate"; Hell I always thought of myself as pretty darn near anarcho-capitalist.

really, as much as I hate the current system, I'd take it any day over this "fairtax"

kylejack
10-20-2007, 01:15 AM
WHY are we worrying about Huckabee? He doesn't have the cash to get to the primaries.
Because he stole Ron's revolutionary fund-raising vehicle and is already showing a marked improvement in his fund-raising, and his poll numbers remain extemely powerful for a supposed Tier 2 candidate.

austin356
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
really, as much as I hate the current system, I'd take it any day over this "fairtax"

thats Crazy:eek::eek:

At least under the loser Huckabee we would not have practically every transaction tracked and IRS agents with guns seizing peoples' homes and Feds telling our Churches what they can and cannot say!

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:19 AM

At least under the loser Huckabee we would not have practically every transaction tracked and IRS agents with guns seizing peoples' homes!

just because he says the IRS will be gone doesn't mean he'd take those away, in the end he is still an authoritarian.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Because he stole Ron's revolutionary fund-raising vehicle and is already showing a marked improvement in his fund-raising, and his poll numbers remain extemely powerful for a supposed Tier 2 candidate.

not to mention he virtually stole the site design!

kylejack
10-20-2007, 01:23 AM

At least under the loser Huckabee we would not have practically every transaction tracked and IRS agents with guns seizing peoples' homes and Feds telling our Churches what they can and cannot say!

Yes we would. They'd just be raiding places of business.

austin356
10-20-2007, 01:24 AM
just because he says the IRS will be gone doesn't mean he'd take those away, in the end he is still an authoritarian.

The shamtax bill destroys the IRS and all its code, along with the bureaucracy (and 100k employees) of the IRS.

Yes it does replace it with a national collection agency, but it does not directly enforce its measures on the people, but rather forces the states to use force against their citizens. B/c remember the shamtax is collected by the respected states, who then transfer revenue to the Treasury.

Yes we would. They'd just be raiding places of business.

Well some people dont own a business so at least a segment of the population will be better off. Plus I rather tyranny be executed by my state government than DC.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Well some people dont own a business so at least a segment of the population will be better off.
Except that I'd be getting raped on sales taxes that are much higher than what I pay in income tax, so no, I don't agree.

austin356
10-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Except that I'd be getting raped on sales taxes that are much higher than what I pay in income tax, so no, I don't agree.

What about all these "unseen" taxes?

Corporate Tax (increases the price of the average good/service by an inclusive 4%) + SS Tax + MC tax + hosts of smaller taxes

I have family that currently pay over 40% of their Income to the Federal government on an inclusive basis (65% on an exclusive basis).

Paying a net sales tax rate of 18% is a much better option.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:34 AM
What about all these "unseen" taxes?

Corporate Tax + SS Tax + MC tax + hosts of smaller taxes

I have family that currently pay over 40% of their Income to the Federal government on an inclusive basis (65% on an exclusive basis).

Paying a net sales tax rate of 18% is a much better option.

I'd much rather go with a truthful leader that we know what he will do, than one that changes with the wind(I know he did not change on fairtax)

libertythor
10-20-2007, 01:36 AM
The fair tax would institute Mexico's revenue system! BAD IDEA

Mexico has a national sales tax of 10-15% depending on the "economic zone"....on top of it corporate taxes are around 28%.....

And their sales tax was originally to help take the burden off of the individuals...but that didn't work out so well because they still have individual income taxes and liquor and tobacco too!

Cindy
10-20-2007, 01:37 AM
not to mention he virtually stole the site design!

and he stole Pauls "tooth paste" at the airports line. :mad:

On the brightside for those who didn't see it, Beck asked him this,

" So about Ron Paul, why is it that you are doing better in the polls, but he is raising FAR more money then you?'"

Ahahahahahahah I loved that dig into him and that Paul was the only other Republican that got air time during Hucks time in the spot light with Glen and America.

Huck answered, " He has the support of the Libertarians" and then carried on about how the guys who started with a lot of cash are the ones doing well with the fund raising, " insinuating to a viewer who doesn't know much about paul if anything, that Paul is a Romney or something.

BS. RP started with $10,000.

austin356
10-20-2007, 01:37 AM
I'd much rather go with a truthful leader that we know what he will do, than one that changes with the wind(I know he did not change on fairtax)

Well DUH!!!

Huckabee is a fake and a liar. Ron is as close to a political savior that one can be.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
The fair tax would institute Mexico's revenue system! BAD IDEA

Mexico has a national sales tax of 10-15% depending on the "economic zone"....on top of it corporate taxes are around 28%.....

And their sales tax was originally to help take the burden off of the individuals...but that didn't work out so well because they still have individual income taxes and liquor and tobacco too!

yes that is my fear as well, we will get lead into this then all the old will stay on top too!

Drknows
10-20-2007, 01:43 AM
who effing cares :D

austin356
10-20-2007, 01:44 AM
who effing cares :D

hahahahahahaha

Its time for more beer. Then some football in the morning.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Huckabee has spies among us stealing our sign making guides and even hotlinking them, and watching this topic. Maybe they will learn something about the fairtax and a better way forward :D

sandersondavis
10-20-2007, 01:50 AM
fairtax.org

This is actually fairly old news.

Ron Paul said he would probably vote for THE FAIR TAX if it comes to the floor.

Link: Ron Paul on the Fair Tax (http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2007/06/ron_paul_on_the_1.html)

He is not a co-sponsor, but he is not opposed to it.

The following advice has been given many times before and it is worth paying attention to.

If you want to be as effective as possible in the effort to get Ron Paul elected then do not use the campaign to push your private positions. Know Ron Paul's stance on the issues and stick to them. If you don't know, then keep your mouth shut. Sorry to sound preachy, I think this is an important issue. Keep your ego in check. The goal is a Ron Paul victory. To my mind everything else is secondary.

Some people are going to Google Ron Paul and the Fair tax. They might come to this thread and only this thread. In just a few seconds they will leave with the mistaken impression that Ron Paul opposes the Fair Tax. The spreading of any mis-information, no matter how well intentioned, damages the campaign.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Its never going to come to a vote, and Ron Paul won't promote it as President, so the point is moot.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:57 AM
but if you look, he really does oppose it;
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=482

plus we are just having a friendly chat on something that will never happen, what is wrong with it?

This is actually fairly old news.

Ron Paul said he would probably vote for THE FAIR TAX if it comes to the floor.

Link: Ron Paul on the Fair Tax (http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2007/06/ron_paul_on_the_1.html)

He is not a co-sponsor, but he is not opposed to it.

The following advice has been given many times before and it is worth paying attention to.

If you want to be as effective as possible in the effort to get Ron Paul elected then do not use the campaign to push your private positions. Know Ron Paul's stance on the issues and stick to them. If you don't know, then keep your mouth shut. Sorry to sound preachy, I think this is an important issue. Keep your ego in check. The goal is a Ron Paul victory. To my mind everything else is secondary.

Some people are going to Google Ron Paul and the Fair tax. They might come to this thread and only this thread. In just a few seconds they will leave with the mistaken impression that Ron Paul opposes the Fair Tax. The spreading of any mis-information, no matter how well intentioned, damages the campaign.

sunny
10-20-2007, 02:24 AM

surely you CANNOT be serious???

V-rod
10-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh MY god! Huckabee has raised $125,000 in 20 days which is what Ron Paul raised in 2 days. EVERYONE PANIC!!!11!1!!

steph3n
10-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Oh MY god! Huckabee has raised $125,000 in 20 days which is what Ron Paul raised in 2 days. EVERYONE PANIC!!!11!1!!

err, one day :D day before yesterday alone was 151k

Nash
10-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Its never going to come to a vote, and Ron Paul won't promote it as President, so the point is moot.

He most certainly will if enacting it also repeals the 16th amendment and the IRS.

Do you honestly believe Ron Paul is going to be able to get the IRS abolished and the 16th amendment repealed without a supplemental tax attached to it through the congress. There is no way he is going to just be able to repeal the income tax and replace it with nothing.

The best we can do early on is get the income tax repealed and replaced with something else. Then he can proceed to lower that new tax little by little.

It's the only realistic way of doing it politically.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 02:34 AM
that fairtax as presented is simply stupid. do away with any prebate, rebate etc, just make it low for all. A national sales tax will still cause many small biz (1-100 employees) to go out of business due to the dramatic changes, but that is a different point.

He most certainly will if enacting it also repeals the 16th amendment and the IRS.

Do you honestly believe Ron Paul is going to be able to get the IRS abolished and the 16th amendment repealed without a supplemental tax attached to it through the congress. There is no way he is going to just be able to repeal the income tax and replace it with nothing.

The best we can do early on is get the income tax repealed and replaced with something else. Then he can proceed to lower that new tax little by little.

austin356
10-20-2007, 02:44 AM
that fairtax as presented is simply stupid. do away with any prebate, rebate etc, just make it low for all. A national sales tax will still cause many small biz (1-100 employees) to go out of business due to the dramatic changes, but that is a different point.

is no different for a corner shop than it is for Walmart.

45 states have sales taxes currently, thus meaning in those states there is very little increase in compliance costs.

austin356
10-20-2007, 02:46 AM

thanks for sayin' it.

Did not want to burst anyone's bubble by saying we will end up finding some type of compromise.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 02:47 AM
is no different for a corner shop than it is for Walmart.

45 states have sales taxes currently, thus meaning in those states there is very little increase in compliance costs.
the POS systems I have worked with are not setup for such a system, I have worked with many, it will result in needing a full time accountant for many small businesses to manually file this, or many 10's of thousands in upgrades and re-training, either way will be costly and put many out of business.

BTW you are not bursting any bubble, i have no pre-conceived notions that ANYTHING will get done at all, and frankly nothing getting done will be better than all this junk we have done now.

ValidusCustodiae
10-20-2007, 02:54 AM
I hope Ron picks Mike Badnarik =) that guy is the bomb!

austin356
10-20-2007, 02:56 AM
I hope Ron picks Mike Badnarik =) that guy is the bomb!

NO.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sabrin/sabrin8.html

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 05:37 AM

And neither do we unless the donations increase quite a lot. The campaign has already made one $430K radio ad buy. From the looks of it, they are wanting to make another. Our war chest is quickly being used up and we still haven't run any TV commercials.

We are going to need more advertising than the other top tier, because the people still haven't heard of Paul, much less know his stances on the issues.

The donations badly need to pick up.

SouthernGuy15
10-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Quite frankly, Ron Paul CAN abolish the income tax and replace it with NOTHING!

By pardoning every single tax evader he can END the income tax! Then government will HAVE to be reduced!

F3d
10-20-2007, 10:14 AM

quickmike
10-20-2007, 10:33 AM
The only advantage the Fair Tax has over the current system, is the fact that you will know exactly what you are paying percentage wise in taxes right up front, which would be much more effective at letting people know how bad they are getting screwed right up front.

Neither is good though. I like Ron's idea of getting rid of the IRS and replacing it with NOTHING.

sandersondavis
10-20-2007, 05:16 PM

It is not a moot point at all.
The Fair Tax has a huge number of supporters who all want lower taxes and less government. They are prime Ron Paul prospects. A lot of Huckabee's support comes from the fair tax group. We need to reach out to these people and show them that Ron Paul's platform has everything they love about Huckabee and more.

Calling people who support the fair tax idiots, stupid, and losers (as was done indirectly in this thread) may not be the most effective position to take. May I suggest that many of you consider really learning about the Fair Tax and why many people support it. Then you might find yourself in a position to have a dialog with Huckabee supporters and gently guide them in our direction. At the very least you might find yourself wanting to support the positive message of Ron Paul.

ItsTime
10-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I sure hope so.

Someone should tell the author that next tuesday is not the 30th

NO.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sabrin/sabrin8.html

Drknows
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Look guys their talking about this thread ;)
http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=19&start=15

Starks
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I was rather shocked at how his graph suddenly spiked.