PDA

View Full Version : Slate:Democrats didn't lose the battle of 2010. They won it.

lynnf
11-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Slate thinks the Dems won. They do have some good points since the Dems still have the Senate and the Whitehouse, but in my book November was the beginning of the death of Obamacare. See what you think.......

http://www.slate.com/id/2273708/

It's funny, in a twisted way, to read all the post-election complaints that Democrats lost because they thought only of themselves. Even the chief operating officer of the party's leading think tank, the Center for American Progress, says Obama failed to convince Americans "that he knows their jobs are as important as his." That's too bad, because Obama, Pelosi, and their congressional allies proved just the opposite. They risked their jobs—and in many cases lost them—to pass the health care bill. The elections were a painful defeat, and you can argue that the bill was misguided. But Democrats didn't lose the most important battle of 2010. They won it.

South Park Fan
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Sounds like a propaganda piece. They're claiming that the Democrats "won" because they shoved an unwanted piece of legislation down everyone's throats despite the retaliation that the victims gave them.

FrankRep
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Rand Paul is in the Senate. That's a victory.

wormyguy
11-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Rand Paul is in the Senate. That's a victory.
It's not a victory until there's 51 Rand Pauls in the Senate. Really, it's not a victory until there are 60 Rand Pauls in the Senate, 218 in the House, and one in the White House.

Ninja Homer
11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I can't stand how some people think it's a sporting event and one team can "win"... team Democrat vs. team Republican. The only way the people win in politics is if there's more liberty. There hasn't been a winning "team" in politics in my lifetime, probably not even in my grandpa's.

Stary Hickory
11-07-2010, 01:11 PM
This is my fight, to end Obamacare before it even starts. By pushing it out to 2014 it gives the opportunity to dismantle it before it starts. Like I have said many times before, I will be an outlaw under Obamcare before I will ever accept it.

I swear if we could get anti-war and anti-war against Americans(welfarism) under one party it would be perfect.

Anti Federalist
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Gaussian Victory.