PDA

View Full Version : PA DHS Slammed in Print

ronpaulhawaii
11-07-2010, 10:36 AM
The r3VOLution Strikes Back!

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/11/pennsylvania_homeland_security_1.html

Pennsylvania made national news in September for all the wrong reasons.

The Patriot-News reported that Pennsylvania’s Office of Homeland Security had been tracking groups engaged in lawful, peaceful protests, including groups opposed to natural gas drilling, peace activists and gay rights groups. An embarrassed Gov. Ed Rendell, who said that he had been unaware of the program until he read the newspaper, issued an immediate order to halt it.

It turns out the homeland security office or its private consultant were doing more than just monitoring law-abiding citizens.

They were comparing environmental activists to Al Qaeda.

They were tracking down protesters and grilling their parents.

They were seeking a network of citizen spies to combat the security threats they saw in virtually any legal political activity.

And they were feeding their suspicions not only to law enforcement, but to dozens of private businesses from natural gas drillers to The Hershey Co.

... more at link

Scott Davis with http://www.parevolution.com/ is at the heart of this and tells me there is more to come after he talks with attorneys...

Bern
11-07-2010, 10:52 AM
subscribed to thread. looking forward to upates.

dean.engelhardt
11-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Why does PA have a Department of Homeland Security? And the Gov doesn't know what they are doing?

dean.engelhardt
11-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Read the article. It identified the private company charging PA for this security service, ITRR.

Their home address:

ITRR Offices

UNITED STATES
P.O. Box 56555
Philadelphia, PA 19111

ISRAEL
P.O. Box 18356
Jerusalem 91182, Israel
+972.2.571.1526 (http://www.terrorresponse.org/)

amy31416
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Why does PA have a Department of Homeland Security? And the Gov doesn't know what they are doing?

Probably has a lot to do with Tom Ridge (former gov of PA/first head of the federal DHS), and Rendell knows what's going on.

PatriotOne
11-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Why are so many of the "domestic terrorists" Ron Paul supporter's!

About 1/2 way down the article...........

The bulletin explains that since August 2009, the Pennsylvania Revolution website has been attempting to map all the known CCTV cameras in Pennsylvania and already lists the location of over 400, including Lancaster City and PennDOT traffic cameras.

The bulletin then identifies the owner of the site: Scott Davis.

Davis, a 28-year-old resident of Lower Paxton Twp., is a conservative organizer. He is a tea party activist and former state coordinator for Ron Paul’s presidential campaign.

He is also a systems engineer in the information technology department of The Patriot-News.

He never guessed that mapping the publicly-available locations of CCTV cameras would brand him a potential terrorist.

“Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a terrorist,” he said. “In my research in the Founding Fathers and the Constitution, I believe the country has turned for the worse — and this is proof.”

Davis fears his association in the bulletin with violent terrorism could be used against him in any number of ways — future job employment, local police scrutiny, in court.

“Until it happens, you don’t know what the outcome would be,” he said.

He said his first concern was his 2-year-old daughter, and noted that corporations — including health care companies — were on the client list for the bulletins.

“What Powers doesn’t get is that simply being named in a bulletin that discusses terrorist activity and that’s put out by an agency with ‘Homeland Security’ in the name, tarnishes the people people being discussed, even if nothing bad is said about them,” said Walczak of the ACLU. “It’s really guilt by inclusion.”

“I consider it defamation of character,” said Davis. “I’ve never broken the law aside from a few speeding tickets.”

Ironically, just a month after the CCTV bulletin is issued, Perelman grouses to Powers that “those damned cameras are everywhere.” He is referring to an assassination carried out by Israeli intelligence agents in Dubai; they were photographed by CCTV cameras just before they electrocuted and suffocated a Hamas leader.

cswake
11-07-2010, 11:14 AM
The wording is unclear. It's just the Pennsylvania offices of the Federal Department of Homeland Security doing this.

DirtMcGirt
11-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Telling article of DHS capabilities... Here is are two more articles by same writer, maybe we should send the journalist a thank you note!!!

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/11/former_director_of_pennsylvani.html
Excerpt-
That may have violated multiple provisions of the state’s record retention policy.

“I destroyed the original copies because, to me, they were working documents,” Powers wrote in an internal e-mail more than a week after receiving a request for the records.

According to the state’s Employee Records Management Manual, “Records that are the subject of a current Right-to-Know Law request must be retained by the agency, even if their records retention and disposition schedule indicates otherwise. These records may NOT be destroyed during the duration of the active request, the appeal time related to the request, and any subsequent appeal related to the request.”

Scott Davis, a Lower Paxton Twp. resident who operates the website Pennsylvania Revolution, requested raw reports of the intelligence monitoring program from the Homeland Security office.

Homeland Security is part of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA). Internal e-mails from other PEMA staffers indicate that the raw reports existed one day after Davis filed his request, but none were released.

Eight days later, Powers sent his e-mail saying the reports had been shredded.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/10/pa_homeland_security_director.html

excerpt-
Scott Davis, founder of PARevolution.com, is planning a rally at the Capitol Oct. 25 to celebrate the end of the tracking contract. Davis said he has sent an open invitation to all groups listed in the bulletins to attend.

The bulletins “are proof that the government is watching what we’re doing,” said Davis, and indicated there are ongoing issues even after Powers’s resignation and the end of the contract.

Noting the State Police are expected to take over the intelligence work, Davis said, “What role are they taking over, and are they going to be doing the same thing? There are still questions on why it was done in the first place.”

DirtMcGirt
11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Pennsylvania has been getting prepped for this gov't intrusion... Remember this creepy commercial from a few months ago...

YouTube - Orwellian Tax Collection Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2un7emwP_0)

ronpaulhawaii
11-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Update from FB:

Pennsylvania Revolution
is now working with the Pennsylvania ACLU on the Right to Know Request. In addition Pennsylvania Revolution's founder Scott Davis will be joining Judge Napolitano on Freedom Watch to discuss the PA Actionable Intelligence Bulletins and. More information coming tomorrow.

GunnyFreedom
11-10-2010, 08:27 AM
The NCGA has a subcommittee on DHS where (among other committees) I will make every effort to be seated so that I can maintain oversight on our State's Fusion Centers.

dean.engelhardt
11-10-2010, 08:54 AM
The NCGA has a subcommittee on DHS where (among other committees) I will make every effort to be seated so that I can maintain oversight on our State's Fusion Centers.

Good to have a guy inside!

ronpaulhawaii
11-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Thought this FW segment should be in this thread

YouTube - Freedom Watch Part 3 - Ron Paul,Rand Paul And Arianna Huffington? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii3vRM58qyk)

ronpaulhawaii
11-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Scott wrote a guest editorial

http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/index.ssf/2010/11/i_do_not_consider_myself_a_ter.html