PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Update

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Good news to update you on in Hawaii.

Dan Douglass is finishing up the Hawaii RP campaign manager's college and has good information to share on our 60 day strategy to turn out the vote for the January 2008 Caucuses.

We are making progress networking with the Libertarians and UH Students. Sign waving in Hawaii Kai has been terrific. Amazing number of honks when we sign wave at Kalanianiole Highway. Much more supporters than is showing on Meetup. Nationally the campaign is doing incredibly well. Great media coverage, meetup membership is over 56,000 in over 1000 groups. Our money position is terrific, better than McCain, Huckabee, Hunter, Brownback, Tancredo and Romney (excluding the $8 million he lent himself, he is negative). Thompson has continued to be a dud. Check techpresident to see Ron Paul's internet stats, he leads everyone on meetup stats and most other metric:

http://www.techpresident.com/scrape_plot/meetup_supporter (http://www.techpresident.com/scrape_plot/meetup_supporter)

Ron Paul Hawaii donations was the highest of all the presidential candidates. Thank you all for your donations!

Please attend this mock caucus. The January 2008 caucus is our "primary election" for Ron Paul in Hawaii as we will be voting for Hawaii delegates to support Ron Paul. The Hawaii delegates will vote for the National delegates from Hawaii. Those National delegates will cast their votes for Ron Paul.

Keep up the good work. Get as many friends, family, coworkers, fellow parishers / congregation member, etc. to support Ron Paul and to come to vote for you at the January 2008 caucus. Clear your calendar to attend this mock caucus and bring a friend. This is the one must attended meetup event for Ron Paul Hawaii. The more organized we are now, the greater our success in January 2008.

Forward this email to other meetup groups in Hawaii.

Ron Paul is the next United States President in 2008. Believe it. Ask and ye shall receive. Let's make it happen. Thanks again for all the support!

M.Bellmore
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Cool!

You guys covering the new Mexico @ Hawaii game on the 27th?

Adamsa
10-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Great stuff!

libertythor
10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Remember today's delegates at the convention will be tomorrow's republican party. The delegates will be split so many ways that the RP section will become a new wing of the party.:D

reaver
10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Thank you for posting here and Hawaii is a perfect place to promote the power of the state.

Zydeco
10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
This is great. I saw that Hawaii was one of the four states where Ron finished ahead of all other Republican candidates in fundraising. Seems like we're in good shape there.

ronpaulhawaii
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Cool!

You guys covering the new Mexico @ Hawaii game on the 27th?

I posted your msg

I'll be biking in Texas

www.ronpaulriders.com (http://www.ronpaulriders.com)

Thank you for posting here and Hawaii is a perfect place to promote the power of the state.

???

aloha, getting off th train gotta pack this box and meet up with the LA meet up:D

RP4ME
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Melakelickimakem

Corydoras
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
What do you think makes Hawaii so friendly to libertarianism? My mental stereotype of Hawaii's political scene is that it is dominated by statist Democrats. (Yeah, I know that Lingle is a Republican, but I mean there's a Democrat-dominated power structure.) Or is that why there are so many people happy to join the Ron Paul Revolution-- to fight the machine?

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2007, 11:47 AM
What do you think makes Hawaii so friendly to libertarianism? My mental stereotype of Hawaii's political scene is that it is dominated by statist Democrats. (Yeah, I know that Lingle is a Republican, but I mean there's a Democrat-dominated power structure.) Or is that why there are so many people happy to join the Ron Paul Revolution-- to fight the machine?

Hawaii for many years has been dominated by a democratic machine known for it's corruption. Indeed the statehood vote itself is in serious question (like the 16th Amendment). The aristocrats who stole the islands were Republicans and there is deep resentments because of that history. The "machine" is run by immigrants, who chose the the democrat moniker to capitalize on the above resentment. It is all a farce. The reason libertarianism is popular is because Hawaiian style is very laid back and live and let live. The reason the revolution is popular is because RP's ideas are very smart and, as you say, we finally have a good opportunity to fight the machine

Melakelickimakem

A for effort, close is good enough. That would be Mele Kalikimaka which means Merry Christmas. And speaking of Christmas, have you all signed a pledge to give RP a christmas bonus. Please click the first link in my sig. We are in LA and leaving the Santa Monica Pier at 9-10 am tomarrow morning. We hope to see you all on our blog (or at least you guys can see what we are doing for RP. Please sign a pledge. We could use the incentive based strength it will give.

Mahalo

m

Bradley in DC
10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Remember today's delegates at the convention will be tomorrow's republican party. The delegates will be split so many ways that the RP section will become a new wing of the party.:D

The dominant wing of the party! :)

Cindy
10-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Good news to update you on in Hawaii.

Ron Paul is the next United States President in 2008. Believe it. Ask and ye shall receive. Let's make it happen. Thanks again for all the support!

ALOHA
to That!

ronpaulhawaii
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't have a minutes, but here's basically what happened.

Last night's meeting started right at 7p w/, moderator, Tom White welcoming everyone and giving the floor to HD 17 Rep. Gene Ward who started off with a legislative report on the Hawaii Super Ferry. He was pressed for time (due to a caucus vote he had to return to the capitol for) so he gave his McCain talk/presentation right after that. He finished off the presentation w/ some Q&A.

Tom then led the room in going around to introduce themselves. I didn't do a count at the time, but to my best recollection there were 25-30 people there with 2/3 Ron Paul supporters.

Tom gave the floor to SD 8 Sen. Gordan Trimble who gave his legislative report mostly addressing the HSF and also asking for support in '08 for his re-election. Sen. Trimble also left to go back to the capitol.

Tom addressed delegation process.

Tom gave the floor to me and I gave the Ron Paul presentation via power point and a video of Ron Paul followed by Q&A. The Q&A became upsetting to an elderly couple who strongly disagreed in withdrawing our troops from Iraq. They had some strong words and walked out of the meeting. Many of the Ron Paul supporters positively contributed to this Q&A time.

After restoring order, Tom then discussed more about the delegation process. Minoo Elison (HI GOP Account Exec.) gave a talk about voter registration and party involvement.

Tom closed the meeting around 8:30-8:45pm.

Ken Koike from the Ron Paul Friends group video taped the meeting with an Olelo (public access channels 49 & 52-55) camera. Hopefully we will see it on Olelo soon as well as clips on youtube.

My overall take on the meeting was that we succeeded in communicating Ron Paul's ideals and demonstrating that Ron Paul's candidacy is serious grassroots business as well as a tremendous opportunity for the Hawaii Republican Party to build and grow itself.

(and a second perspective)

Subject: [ronpaul-604] GOP Meeting last night

Just wanted to give all of you a big Mahalo for coming to the GOP meeting last night. I felt we made a great impact on all attending the event. If you have any questions of what to do next to become a delegate, please ask. I am very proud of our group for being restrained and polite when the fireworks tried to start. We looked like the better man when the military gentleman stomped out screaming. I really feel that we influnced some of the others that were not Ron Paulers. Please send your comments back.

Corydoras
10-27-2007, 02:38 AM
The Q&A became upsetting to an elderly couple who strongly disagreed in withdrawing our troops from Iraq. They had some strong words and walked out of the meeting.

Who are they backing? What part of Hawaii are they from, Pearl City?

lynnf
10-27-2007, 03:02 AM
I don't have a minutes, but here's basically what happened.

Tom gave the floor to me and I gave the Ron Paul presentation via power point and a video of Ron Paul followed by Q&A. The Q&A became upsetting to an elderly couple who strongly disagreed in withdrawing our troops from Iraq. They had some strong words and walked out of the meeting. Many of the Ron Paul supporters positively contributed to this Q&A time.

that is an awesome report, thanks for sharing it. Ron Paul rolls on.....
I'm looking forward to more good news down the line.

lynn

bunklocoempire
11-02-2007, 05:35 PM
(Ronpaulhawaii) "Hawaii for many years has been dominated by a democratic machine known for it's corruption. Indeed the statehood vote itself is in serious question (like the 16th Amendment). The aristocrats who stole the islands were Republicans and there is deep resentments because of that history. The "machine" is run by immigrants, who chose the the democrat moniker to capitalize on the above resentment. It is all a farce. The reason libertarianism is popular is because Hawaiian style is very laid back and live and let live. The reason the revolution is popular is because RP's ideas are very smart and, as you say, we finally have a good opportunity to fight the machine"

I couldn't agree more! A good talking point with Kanakas is the issue of nation building and what happens when we Americans do not follow our Constitution. The illegal overthrow of the Queen/Hawaii is a prime example from history. Seeing as Kanakas have been forced into the U.S. and have a vote, they/we would all do best by championing the Constitution and the advice of the founding fathers. The Constitution did not overthrow the Queen/Kingdom of Hawaii a group of "nation builders" did.

Having this superferry thing illegally being shoved down our throats by both a republican governer and democrats will hopefully be a wake up call for the fine people of Hawaii. Quite a story with added threat of fines/jailtime for dissenters courtesy of Patriot Act. It can happen in your town. Scary.

bunkloco

Shiranu
11-02-2007, 05:40 PM
RPH... will you be near San Antonio or Austin?

Badger Paul
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
When is Hawaii's GOP caucus?

ronpaulhawaii
11-03-2007, 12:08 AM
(Ronpaulhawaii) "Hawaii for many years has been dominated by a democratic machine known for it's corruption. Indeed the statehood vote itself is in serious question (like the 16th Amendment). The aristocrats who stole the islands were Republicans and there is deep resentments because of that history. The "machine" is run by immigrants, who chose the the democrat moniker to capitalize on the above resentment. It is all a farce. The reason libertarianism is popular is because Hawaiian style is very laid back and live and let live. The reason the revolution is popular is because RP's ideas are very smart and, as you say, we finally have a good opportunity to fight the machine"

I couldn't agree more! A good talking point with Kanakas is the issue of nation building and what happens when we Americans do not follow our Constitution. The illegal overthrow of the Queen/Hawaii is a prime example from history. Seeing as Kanakas have been forced into the U.S. and have a vote, they/we would all do best by championing the Constitution and the advice of the founding fathers. The Constitution did not overthrow the Queen/Kingdom of Hawaii a group of "nation builders" did.

Having this superferry thing illegally being shoved down our throats by both a republican governer and democrats will hopefully be a wake up call for the fine people of Hawaii. Quite a story with added threat of fines/jailtime for dissenters courtesy of Patriot Act. It can happen in your town. Scary.

bunkloco

Aloha bunkloco, nice to see kanaka hea. Friends tell me the superferry issue is galvanizing the Kingdom. That is good news. Much mahalos to those who are standing up. I have always believed RP to be the best chance to right a historic wrong and am heading for the belly of the beast to fight for all of us. Keep up the good work and may justice prevail

RPH... will you be near San Antonio or Austin?

Here is an updated map courtesy of Steph3n. I am going to try to make up time in TX but am 2 days behind right now

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/image_map.gif

When is Hawaii's GOP caucus?

Jan 10.

Blogging soon

m

Shatterhand
11-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Hello!

Just read your blog and enjoyed it. Thank you for all your hard work.

Shiranu
11-03-2007, 01:55 AM
I'll have to go dig my map of my area out, I think you might be passing right round where I live >_>

ronpaulhawaii
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
There is a sub-forum here

http://ronpaulriders.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0

for folk in the states I go through to post useful info and co-ordinate between yourselves. I'd love to see these used, it helps me visualize / etc.

In fact, that whole forum is just a work area for people to post things they think may help me (and I can use all the help I can get).

ronpaulhawaii
11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
LOL

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016636.html

phoenixrising
12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Libertarianism is alive & well here & we're fed up w/the corruption!! Our gov. even sold us out recently by bypassing court rulings & calling her own leg. mtg. to get the Superferry going (prior to the EIS!) Now saying people have to be away from the sight for 3 hrs! Yes, we are fed up! :)

It's so cool to see HI. so strong for Congressman Paul for President!! Apathy has been awaken & now the People WILL be heard!! Freedom & Liberty are contageous :)

BTW: GO MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha from Maui!

ronpaulhawaii
12-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Libertarianism is alive & well here & we're fed up w/the corruption!! Our gov. even sold us out recently by bypassing court rulings & calling her own leg. mtg. to get the Superferry going (prior to the EIS!) Now saying people have to be away from the sight for 3 hrs! Yes, we are fed up! :)

It's so cool to see HI. so strong for Congressman Paul for President!! Apathy has been awaken & now the People WILL be heard!! Freedom & Liberty are contageous :)

BTW: GO MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha from Maui!

E Komo Mai!!!

m