PDA

View Full Version : With the recent election, just how big will the State Nullification be?

dude58677
11-06-2010, 11:45 PM
There were 680 Republicans elected to State legislatures, the most since 1928. Not only that but there were Tea Party candidates elected as governors.

South Park Fan
11-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Optimistically, I would think that we will start to see more Firearms Freedom legislation in several states, and many more states will be copying Missouri's Prop C. I hope that Haley, LePage, and Emmer (if he survives the recount) tell the feds off with as much stamina as they showed during the campaign.

Anti Federalist
11-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Watch NH.

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Watch NH.

I plan on trying to move to NH this spring to join The Free Staters. Hope to add my voice to the Nullification movement up there (and I'd like to see Nullification used to end our unConstitutional wars). This, naturally, assumes I can get a security job up there and maybe a small personal loan to be able to get set up quickly.

Anti Federalist
11-07-2010, 02:11 AM
I plan on trying to move to NH this spring to join The Free Staters. Hope to add my voice to the Nullification movement up there (and I'd like to see Nullification used to end our unConstitutional wars). This, naturally, assumes I can get a security job up there and maybe a small personal loan to be able to get set up quickly.

The more the merrier.

Come on up.

Can't help with the loan, but I'd be more than happy to help you out with "local knowledge".

dude58677
11-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Will there be any States closing down federal buildings in their State, or the IRS being nullified, or States passing "first sheriff" laws, or going on gold standards?

Acala
11-07-2010, 05:20 AM
I think the next move will be a state directly prohibiting state agents from assisting in the enforcement of nullified laws. I don't think that has happened yet. After that, the next step - actively interfering with Federal law enforcement - is a big one.

In the last month here in Arizona, we have had two very public and very deadly shootings by Federal agents - ATF shot down an old man who "lied" about his prior felony (a car-theft conviction thirty years ago) on the GCA '68 form, and the U.S. Marshals staged a blazing shootout on a crowded street with a fellow with outstanding warrants but not then engaged in any threatening activity. Wouldn't surprise me if Arizona is getting a little lesson.

dude58677
11-07-2010, 05:53 AM
I think the next move will be a state directly prohibiting state agents from assisting in the enforcement of nullified laws. I don't think that has happened yet. After that, the next step - actively interfering with Federal law enforcement - is a big one.

In the last month here in Arizona, we have had two very public and very deadly shootings by Federal agents - ATF shot down an old man who "lied" about his prior felony (a car-theft conviction thirty years ago) on the GCA '68 form, and the U.S. Marshals staged a blazing shootout on a crowded street with a fellow with outstanding warrants but not then engaged in any threatening activity. Wouldn't surprise me if Arizona is getting a little lesson.

Actually, Wyoming's federal firearms act does prohibit federal agents from enforcement of nullified federal laws. There just hasn't been an incident reported.

dead drunks dont dance
11-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Actually, Wyoming's federal firearms act does prohibit federal agents from enforcement of nullified federal laws. There just hasn't been an incident reported.

Has there been any incidents though?

dude58677
11-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Has there been any incidents though?

I don't know but we need to be absolutely certain that there is an incident otherwise the police will not take this law seriously and other laws like this won't be enacted in Wyoming or any other State. Also prosecutors won't seek indictments if there is lack of evidence that the law was violated.

The Wyoming firearm act says that all firearms must be manufactured and sold in Wyoming and their manufacturing plants are very small. Although it still cannot be ruled out that an incident could occur.

Than again, an IRS form is needed to comply with excise tax laws related to firearms. So there could be an incident.

RPgrassrootsactivist
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Watch NH.

What is the political climate like there after the elections? I know there was a huge Republican takeover in the legislature; approximately how many of those news legislators are pro-nullification?

Also, I think the libertarians/paleocons in New Hampshire need to start working now on convincing Dan Itse to run for governor. As far as I know, he's been the leading proponent of the state sovereignty movement in the legislature. But I don't think he has much money so it would take a significant grassroots effort to win, but if people in New Hampshire start working on it now, it might happen.

And how would you analyze the prospects for successful widespread nullification in New Hampshire as compared to, for example, the mountain states?

RPgrassrootsactivist
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
What is the political climate like there after the elections? I know there was a huge Republican takeover in the legislature; approximately how many of those news legislators are pro-nullification?

Also, I think the libertarians/paleocons in New Hampshire need to start working now on convincing Dan Itse to run for governor. As far as I know, he's been the leading proponent of the state sovereignty movement in the legislature. But I don't think he has much money so it would take a significant grassroots effort to win, but if people in New Hampshire start working on it now, it might happen.

And how would you analyze the prospects for successful widespread nullification in New Hampshire as compared to, for example, the mountain states?

Does anyone who lives in New Hampshire have any information on this?