PDA

View Full Version : My suggestion on dealing w/the upcoming Neocon assault

Libertea Party
11-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I've seen quite a few stories either written by or quoting extensively Frum, Lindsey Graham, "moderates" etc.

I hope I'm wrong but I think they're coming at Rand Paul. They're going to do the same thing Jack Conway did and will probably partner up with the Left in doing it.

Graham, Frum, Brooks etc. are Keynesian leftists on the most important issue of the day to voters. In this environment that is VERY unpopular in general and a non-starter on the Tea Party right.

Like Jack Conway and Trey Grayson they're going to focus on issues where they think Rand Paul is unpopular on to distract from their horrible record on the economy and size and scope of government. To cover for their Keynesianism they're going to try to "out-Republican him" on foreign policy issues. In the past I thought the Left might help Rand out because he wants a more restrained approach to foreign policy, but if this past election is an indicator then that's off the table. They hate Rand Paul more than they hate the neocons.

So when debating others Rand and fellow supporters should focus on the economy and debt. That message beat Dick Cheney, Rudy Guiliani, Mitch McConnell in a closed Republican primary. That victory scares Lindsay Graham shitless and that's why they're trying to change the subject like this (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/06/AR2010110603624.html):

"Graham called the lack of candidate debate on national security "stunning."The electorate should "challenge" newly elected lawmakers "early on," he said, asking "what is your view of the world?" Lawmakers should "go back home and tell people why no treaty with Russia is a good thing if a good thing could be had" with some changes to the document the administration has negotiated with Moscow, as many Republicans have advocated.

"This idea of isolationism in an economic downturn has been seen in the past," he said. "And what happens is that really bad people get a pass, because [the United States] starts looking inward."

He knows if a smaller government is the priority his political goose is cooked in South Carolina. He's going to go down like Bennett did to Mike Lee in Utah. So he want's to change the subject.

Rand needs to follow Hilary Clinton and others in citing the debt as a major threat to our national security.

YouTube - HILLARY CLINTON: US DEBT THREATENS NATIONAL SECURITY; PROJECTS WEAKNESS TO WORLD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJmK-MM38k)

This is America's issue and Rand's issue. Don't let the neocon's change the subject!